Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 256 of 257 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257 LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,400 of 6422

Thread: Academy Development Thread

Default Re: Academy Development Thread

Someone has been frustrated playing CB in his own age group in recent seasons. McAdam has always scored goals and likes the outrageous even when playing CB. Not the tallest which might push him into midfield more but we will see.

2nd u18 goal from a few cameo appearances off the bench for the u15 captain.

https://twitter.com/NFFCAcademy/stat...388837888?s=19

18s unfortunately lost 2-3 to Sheff Utd

Last edited by BryanRoy; 19-10-19 at 13:20.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Focussing on the "local market", so to speak, makes sense in your case. I wasn't suggesting you should have a network of affiliated academies throughout the UK as we do throughout Greece. We have a comparative advantage, in the sense that our brand name is better than the competition's. You would not be able to compete with the academies of Arsenal, Manchester City etc. on a national level, at least for the time being. So I think getting the best talent of Nottinghamshire and moulding it into potentially first-team players is a wise choice.

Some sort of national scouting network would be useful though, especially since you have a good name for giving academy players a chance.
    Definitely. In an ideal world you would like eyes and ears you trust in as many places as you can.

It was just impossible for a club like us to even contemplate it for where we have been & the lack of proper leadership and vision with investment that a club like Forest deserves.

Hopefully it is something we can take on if we go for Cat 1 as part of our growth to eventually do what you say.

I hope it is something Marinakis can bring as quickly as possible. As the audits are happening now and I think some clubs in cat 1 are in threat of losing their status. The only way in now is if someone falls out ie Sunderland

Last edited by BryanRoy; 19-10-19 at 13:14.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Yeah, I mean the club has been languishing in the 2nd tier for some time and we had an owner in Fawaz Al Hasawi who didn't invest in it and is the sole reason we aren't Cat 1 academy in name as he was the owner when all the change happened and he just left us.

Under Nigel Doughty & years before we had a particular strong interest in Irish talent. We had club partnerships like with Crumlin but we never have had academy hubs.

Under Brazil we focus what we can control and that is Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Northern Leicestershire and Derbyshire. Then it is about trust in a few people who give tip offs from London, big clubs in Lancashire etc Bring them in on trial and see is how we have been operating.

I think that is what has been the highlight of Brazil's time. With Derby/Leicester being Cat 1 his main focus was always going to be closer to home and he got to work with things like this from the beginning. Making sure we give the best to Nottinghamshire talent.
    Is that the Rushcliffe school next to the swimming baths? If so I wouldn't be putting any of our talented lads on their older pitches, our team played a cup final on their last season and the surface was terrible, coming up along seams and shocking when compared to say Basfords or Eastwoods new 4G pitches.

We had two players with broken bones in that final, one an arm and the other a leg, shocking set up must be terrible on the knees yet was described as "champions league standard" as well

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Last edited by Barry; 19-10-19 at 18:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Is that the Rushcliffe school next to the swimming baths? If so I wouldn't be putting any of our talented lads on their older pitches, our team played a cup final on their last season and the surface was terrible, coming up along seams and shocking when compared to say Basfords or Eastwoods new 4G pitches.

We had two players with broken bones in that final, one an arm and the other a leg, shocking set up must be terrible on the knees yet was described as "champions league standard" as well

That's the one. Don't forget that article was a number of years ago when GB first started trying to implement changes.

Eastwood developments were done in partnership with Forest. So Forest academy use those facilities and Premier League u15 Floodlit Cup games are played there. Doesn't the Women's Team also use them ?

Where's me hammer?

That's the one. Don't forget that article was a number of years ago when GB first started trying to implement changes.

Eastwood developments were done in partnership with Forest. So Forest academy use those facilities and Premier League u15 Floodlit Cup games are played there. Doesn't the Women's Team also use them ?
    Is that article old? Bloody hell them pitches at Rushcliffe are really poor and quite frankly dangerous imo, like concrete.

Eastwood had their pitch done before Forest got involved mate, planning went in for it when the old club existed and they'd just been denied admission to the playoffs to get in the conference if I remember correctly. The pitch would have been changed in the Fazza era.

I'm going off second hand info but think funding came from lottery money but that could be wrong on that one as the FA have chucked money about at lower levels...with them being a community club rather than an FC think that helps with bids for that kind of thing.

I know for a fact as I was told by someone #itk at Alfreton tthat the FA are looking to get another two full size 4g pitches out this way but haven't found suitable places for them yet. Think Ilson might be one of them, but not sure if the Hardy fiasco damaged that.

Theres defo a noticeable input from Forest up at Eastwood though, with permanent signage and the ladies training there but nothing else jumps out to say Forest have developed owt.

If the ladies were to make the step up to the next level I'm sure they'd have to move grounds though as Eastwoods is terrible to watch a game at. When they built the 4g they dug down about 6 foot but kept the old stands, it dont look right.

Just got back from Under23's at Alfreton . Enjoyable 1-0 win. Very impressed with Liam Sole the winger from MK. Danny Preston and Alex Mighten the other standouts. Just love the way Mighten glides past defenders. Would be great news if he was to sign a longer contract.

Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Abdooonk View Post
    Just got back from Under23's at Alfreton . Enjoyable 1-0 win. Very impressed with Liam Sole the winger from MK. Danny Preston and Alex Mighten the other standouts. Just love the way Mighten glides past defenders. Would be great news if he was to sign a longer contract.
    I went along too. Thought Fornah looked really good, see why he was liked by MON. Siampanis, not really troubled but one really good stop 1v1 and great distribution

Footy Manager Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by stantonred View Post
    I went along too. Thought Fornah looked really good, see why he was liked by MON. Siampanis, not really troubled but one really good stop 1v1 and great distribution
    Fornah has been impressing for a bit, really talented young lad.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonred View Post
    Siampanis, not really troubled but one really good stop 1v1 and great distribution
    In every match report of the U23 I see, there's always mention of at least one "great save" by Siampanis.

Is Rama still playing as a right back?

Yes.Played last night. Did OK but didn't really stand out.

Siampanis is an excellent keeper. Already saved two penalties and very confident. Makes a big difference when he plays. Rama has still been playing at right back and has had some good consistent performances.

Quote Originally Posted by IDP View Post
    Rama has still been playing at right back and has had some good consistent performances.
    The Greek press claims that he also trains with the first team, but it could just be his agent trying to advertise his customer.

23s have a great chance this season of winning their league despite the loans and sales : http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/2...pment_League_2

18s is a more developmental season I felt (even more so with injuries to players like Dekel) but doing nicely : http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/2...er-18_League_2

At full-strength I have been thinking over what the FA Youth Cup team will be.

Possible.

Michael Statham

Malique Spooner (could be CB then maybe Silvio Bello)
    Luke Boland
    Tawanda Mutoti or Aaron Donnelly (could decide to go with u16 James Clarridge when fit)
    Sam Sanders

Ethan Dekel (Jordan Fankwe if Dekel not back)
    Oli Hammond
    Fin Back

Alex Mighten
    Alex Gibson-Hammond

Elliott Andrew

Scholarships for next season normally happen by Jan/Feb.

I think the definites are James Clarridge (CB), Pharrell Johnson (LB -son of Michael), Jack Perkins (CM) & Lewis Darlington (FWD)
    Probably still got to make decisions on Jonasz Gadomski (GK), Jonty Bouch (RB,MF), Osa Solomon (RB,CB,MF), Lewis Barker (CB), Curtis Durose (MF, RB), Sam Collins (CM) & Dejanae Campbell (FWD)

The Greek press claims that he also trains with the first team, but it could just be his agent trying to advertise his customer.
    I noticed Malique Spooner was training with the first team this week. Probably back-up right-back to Cash at the moment.

Nice to see Jake Taylor settled in at PV. 3 goals is it now this season?

What's up with Dekel? He seems to have been out for ages now. Would have expected him to be in the 23s by now otherwise, like Johnson is. Hopefully he won't be held back too much like the likes of Hayes have.

Quote Originally Posted by SparrowsAnus View Post
    Nice to see Jake Taylor settled in at PV. 3 goals is it now this season?
    Think he also got one in the Football League Trophy. Was never prolific for our 23s either but was definitely capable of scoring goals.

At the moment it looks like Edser and Gomis are not quite grabbing their opportunities to definitely stay at Forest out of the loanees. But in saying that , Jake is 21, he may decide to part ways permanently himself because he will be getting interest from L1 clubs if he carries on.

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    What's up with Dekel? He seems to have been out for ages now. Would have expected him to be in the 23s by now otherwise, like Johnson is. Hopefully he won't be held back too much like the likes of Hayes have.
    He had to have a serious operation end of August. Not sure what it was but he was going to be out for a while.

Think the club are being patient with him anyways. Last season Barnes, Asare and Swan stayed playing 18s till end of the season. In previous seasons I reckon they would have been in our 23s side already.

Miserable bastard

I noticed Malique Spooner was training with the first team this week. Probably back-up right-back to Cash at the moment.
    I’d have thought that would be Jordan Gabriel, as he has a squad number?

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    I’d have thought that would be Jordan Gabriel, as he has a squad number?
    Unfortunately injured again.

Miserable bastard

Unfortunately injured again.
    Ah. Shame.

Looks like 23s who have trained with the first team during the season for definite.

Jordan Gabriel
    Malique Spooner (still u18)
    Tyrese Fornah
    Brennan Johnson
    Alex Mighten (still u18)
    Liam Sole
    Will Swan

Danny Preston was stepping in at centre-back recently for the 23s. Probably a lot to do with the shortage of options but did fairly well and like Jayden Richardson did last season , it will help their defensive reading of the game greatly. To the Preston family on here, any clues to what the plans are for him in January ? Is there interest because I assume Danny & Forest would love him to get some senior football in.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 08-11-19 at 17:32.

23s start with a 2nd defeat in the u23 Premier League Cup but good to see Mighten score and get acknowledgement for his performance in Southampton's report. Would love to see his technical ability mixed with speed and trickery get a chance as we go into the season.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2...ague-cup-19-20

23s start with a 2nd defeat in the u23 Premier League Cup but good to see Mighten score and get acknowledgement for his performance in Southampton's report. Would love to see his technical ability mixed with speed and trickery get a chance as we go into the season.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2...ague-cup-19-20
    Judging by the report, Siampanis continues his string of good performances.

Judging by the report, Siampanis continues his string of good performances.
    He is doing very well. Odd situation with it being a loan. Wonder what the future holds for him.

Can he be 2nd choice for us next season ? Playing time for young keeper is important so does he stay and go on loan or does he find a move.

I imagine when Muric goes he will get more opportunity to be judged in training.