Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 180 of 182 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 4539

Thread: Academy Development Thread

Default Re: Academy Development Thread

Massive shame about Gabriel. He came here from Southend and looked like he was going to make his way into the first team.

At the risk of judging him, it looks like he got his pro-deal and thinks he made it. I know he's had injury troubles, but just not progressed. Got to say, I really don't like seeing 18/19yr old lads with full sleeve tattoos either.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tudders number 1 fan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Massive shame about Gabriel. He came here from Southend and looked like he was going to make his way into the first team.

At the risk of judging him, it looks like he got his pro-deal and thinks he made it. I know he's had injury troubles, but just not progressed. Got to say, I really don't like seeing 18/19yr old lads with full sleeve tattoos either.
    I hope he reads this , Because he needs to shape up big time , He was awful last night and with the younger better Richardson pulling at the shirt it's only going to end one way.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

sent from my hide, using a pigeon

How is Walters getting on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post

Quote Originally Posted by lard View Post
    I hope he reads this , Because he needs to shape up big time , He was awful last night and with the younger better Richardson pulling at the shirt it's only going to end one way.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
    Couldn't agree more.

Toby also gone with the sleeve but he at least did come on and did Bouchalakis' job decently. But he isn't a sure thing in the 23s team like under Lester.

The two youngsters with big positives last night were Crookes and Anel who were consistent for 90 mins

Last edited by BryanRoy; 07-11-17 at 13:25.

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Despise the sheep but if you were at Ilkeston in your youth or your son was and Derby came in for you....

What a chance?
    I was offered a trial with the sheep as a kid.... and didnt go.

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    How is Walters getting on?

Stop-start mate always injured.

He is 22/23 now. He did well 2nd half though for the team running the channels and linked play. Whereas his strike partner Gomis started well with his direct running but was struggling with his link plat around the box and being selfish particularly 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Fair play Barry.

Fair play Barry.
    91 others id have gone to but not them....

I know a kid that did the same with Man United because all his family were liverpool fans and from up that way. Theres also a certain arrogance from United that they come calling you will come. Luckily City have started to piss on them chips

91 others id have gone to but not them....

I know a kid that did the same with Man United because all his family were liverpool fans and from up that way. Theres also a certain arrogance from United that they come calling you will come. Luckily City have started to piss on them chips
    City are pissing on everyone's chips these days including Liverpool and Everton in the area.

The funny thing is Liverpool have recruited the most and been punished the most but had the audacity to report Man City over the current England u16 GK City took from them.

Not that I am on City's side or anything because they just pay fees in recruiting and don't care. But find better ways not to get punished unlike Liverpool. City are facing the consequences though as they have too much talent that Jadon Sancho (who they signed from Watford) refused to sign a deal and left for Dortmund. Steven Gerrard's cousin who is in the England u17 squad with Appiah is not playing for their academy at the moment because he refuses to sign his scholar and wants to leave.

oopsy daisy!

You are actually Shep and I claim my £5

Certainly is a difficult balancing act. Players who aren't definite moving forward will be the one's moved around. From the recent teams I'm starting to get the feeling it could like this.

SHELVEY
    RICHARDSON HARBOTTLE STEWART PRESTON
    YASSINE ASARE
    APPIAH JOHNSON MCCORMICK
    SWAN

That is 4 2nd years above. Stewart, Preston, Yassine, McCormick who then will be replaced by u16s: CB , Bondswell, Dekel, Mighten in next years team.

So to me it doesn't look good for Willetts, Choz, Smith. Like you say , our new style probably doesn't suit them , particularly the first two.
    The u18s are currently missing Swan and really need to find the 2 in midfield combination. I think they should just be brave and start Dekel but they probably going to Choz/Smith & Yassine.

Dekel to me is our best creative pure midfielder comfortable in and out of possession who can dictate a games pace even though still u16.

Asare still needs to time to acclimatise to the position & was rightly subbed shortly in 2nd half on Saturday. Just a bit too slow on the ball in that crucial position.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 10-11-17 at 05:59.

#NFFC Under 23s vs @LUFC: Wright, Gabriel, Preston, Crookes, Stewart, Edser, Otim (c), Taylor, Walters, Trialist, Gomis. Subs: Shelvey, Richardson, Johnson, Coveney, A.Smith

That trialist gets about abit

Left Winger

Usually a good shout for first goal-scorer.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

The important question is it A. Trialist or his brother B. Trialist?

Poor half of football from Forest's view point.

Forest 0 Leeds 1

Trialist is Anthony Scully from West Ham. Eire youth international. He has looked ok but will need to do more.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by MansfieldRed View Post
    The important question is it A. Trialist or his brother B. Trialist?
    Pretty sure it's their middle eastern cousin Tahir Rialist

Better 2nd half but could be better.

Forest 1 Leeds 1

Move of the match lead to Forest's goal. 4 passes from back to front and a cross. All along the ground. Crookes, Edser, Preston, Scully, Preston (beautiful cross), Gomis goal.

U18s beat Crewe 3-2 yesterday. The squad pushed to limits with injuries, international duty and Dekel still away. Trialist scored twice who I believe is Victor Sodiende from Maidstone & u15 forward Thai Duggan scored on his debut off the bench. Mighten assisted the first and McCormick the 2nd. Powell was due to good closing down.

SHELVEY
    CHOZ RICHARDSON HARBOTTLE BONDSWELL
    ASARE C.SMITH
    MCCORMICK JOHNSON MIGHTEN
    SODIENDE

Josh Barnes came on for Asare at HT
    Willetts for Choz. Put Richardson back to RB.
    Junior Powell for the trialist.

There are a few issues that will be needed to sort out before FA Youth Cup which is in about 4 weeks time. We drew Swindon or Northampton away (who knows what that fixture will hold but they will be older than our team most probably).

The biggest issues right now are the #9 CF and the 2 at the base of MF. The 5 at the back are set (Shelvey, Richardson, Stewart, Harbottle, Preston with u16 Bondswell & Choz possibly options off the bench) & the attackers behind the number 9 (Appiah, Johnson, McCormick/Mighten & preferably u16 Mighten off the bench).

The problems in recent weeks. The #9 - they were hoping for Will Swan to be ready but I believe he received another set-back this week so that is why they brought the trialist in. They want someone to hold-up and link play and sniff a goal. At the moment if they don't bring in a #9 they going to have to play all of Appiah, Johnson, McCormick, Mighten which I am fine with as individually they are very skillful and can score. Of course schoolboys have played for the 18s this season and can play #9 if they feel the need to go that route.

The other position is the 2 deep in MF : I think they will go with C.Smith and Yassine. For our possession football we need creativity in the position & I think that is why they have tried Asare there without Yassine and Dekel. Another spanner in the works is whether Yassine makes it back in time to. To me it is a no brainer they start Dekel then. C.Smith is all tall and rangy and gets about the park and works hard and plays nice simple passes so it will probably need someone to be creative next to him. Asare at this stage whilst tries to be creative it is a new position and he has been too slow on the ball.

Just my summary of what is ahead for the u18 group when FA Youth Cup comes around.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 15-11-17 at 10:44.

Not that results everything but you know with our ethos it was a win in the right style for a couple of lower age groups yesterday.

The 13s (without their star forward after breaking his leg) beat Everton 4-0
    The 12s beat Arsenal 4-3

That is an impressive stat.

Left Winger

That is some proper heady company - and, of course, we are the only non-Category One Academy.

Gary Brazil ought to print that out and pin it up at the Nigel Doughty Academy site, the next time we have a prospect visiting for a look round.

In all seriousness, that is something to be again rather proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    That is some proper heady company - and, of course, we are the only non-Category One Academy.

Gary Brazil ought to print that out and pin it up at the Nigel Doughty Academy site, the next time we have a prospect visiting for a look round.

In all seriousness, that is something to be again rather proud of.
    It really is, well done to all, including a very small well done to Fazza, he could easily have f'd that up too.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Rotherham fan on twitter "Really enjoyed watching England under 17's tonight v Germany. #nffc have a reyt player in Arvin Appiah."