Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Mcclaren

Default Steve Mcclaren

"Sheffield Wednesday are a far better team than last season, I don't think many teams will come here and collect points. I think they're tough opponents and I think, first half, we got a taste of it.
    "We were on the back foot, we stopped playing football and credit to Sheffield Wednesday, their game plan was good and they put us under pressure and they probably felt at half-time they should have gone at least one goal up.
    "We toughed it out against a physical team, defended very well, looked hard to beat and we know we just need to improve at the other end. We nearly won it, I was pleased with the way we finished the game, the last 20 minutes we were very strong. I thought we were going to win the game then."

Sheffield wednesday steve, im sorry to say are not very good. You dont half talk some bollocks.

Does anybody else think he talks bollocks?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Massive Member

Default Re: Steve Mcclaren

I think Wednesday will do better this season. Although yes he does talk a lot of bollucksh

Quote Originally Posted by foggytuch73 View Post
    "Sheffield Wednesday are a far better team than last season, I don't think many teams will come here and collect points. I think they're tough opponents and I think, first half, we got a taste of it.
    "We were on the back foot, we stopped playing football and credit to Sheffield Wednesday, their game plan was good and they put us under pressure and they probably felt at half-time they should have gone at least one goal up.
    "We toughed it out against a physical team, defended very well, looked hard to beat and we know we just need to improve at the other end. We nearly won it, I was pleased with the way we finished the game, the last 20 minutes we were very strong. I thought we were going to win the game then."

Sheffield wednesday steve, im sorry to say are not very good. You dont half talk some bollocks.

Does anybody else think he talks bollocks?
    I concur that he does indeed talk bollocks.

Derby won't do as well this season. They're squad's worse, McClaren hasn't Clough's graft to push off, and last year fortune favoured them big time.

Have to say though, I think Wednesday are a better team too.

Can't see anything wrong with what he's said there to be honest.
    Sheffield will be harder to beat this season.

I see the charlatan is now being linked with Boro. this peice gave me a chuckle ...............

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport...lling-12755323

There’s always a price to pay, so any Geordies walking around with a knowing smile after the sacking of Steve McClaren had better take heed.

Before much longer that infuriating grin will appear on our telly screens again as it’s owner tells the world what Championship teams are doing wrong.

It doesn’t matter that he has spectacularly and consistently failed over the last two seasons a mike will be thrust before him and the drivel will begin.

Telly doesn’t care if their “expert” is tainted by a total lack of success. If he can string two words together and is prepared to take the flak he’s in.

Before Derby came calling, McClaren was on the touchline at Newcastle matches early this season analysing what the Mags had to do to get out of the Championship. It was galling in the extreme for Toon foot soldiers.

If they hate anything it’s a guy they believe had much to do with the sinking of the good ship Newcastle then delivering advice on its salvage operation.

McClaren must have set some sort of record. He didn’t last a season at Newcastle (having made certain of relegation) and he hasn’t lasted a full campaign at Derby.

Now they have sacked him twice in the blink of an eye. He lasted 29 games or five months in charge of County on his return before going the same way he did up here.

Where does McClaren stand in the list of awful managers at SJP?

He has plenty of opposition. The list is long, mighty long.

I’ll give you a few at random you may wish to compare him with.. . Joe Kinnear, Bill McGarry, Gordon Lee, Richard Dinnis, Glenn Roeder, John Carver, Ossie Ardiles, and Alan Pardew. Then there are the high-profile managers Kenny Dalglish, Ruud Gullit, and Graeme Souness. And for those with more years and longer memories Charlie Mitten and Doug Livingstone.

Can McClaren challenge Killer Kinnear? Tuck up Master Blaster McGarry? And outshine the 10-match losing record of Schoolteacher Dinnis who was cruelly thrust centre stage? No help from me, it’s your choice. A personal decision.

To move on to happier themes I have to ask you: dare I dream? Dare I?

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    I see the charlatan is now being linked with Boro. this peice gave me a chuckle ...............

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport...lling-12755323

There’s always a price to pay Where does McClaren stand in the list of awful managers at SJP?
    At anywhere, I'll tell you - NUMBER FUCKING ONE.

Only does well with players who don't understand what he's saying.

Once they understand, then the bullshit talk, vacant stare and awkward grin become apparent very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post

Once they understand, then the bullshit talk, vacant stare and awkward grin become apparent very quickly.

I think they caught him doing his Prince Charles impersonation in that picture,

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post

And Schteeve, you are bald. Having a tuft of hair at the front of your head doesn't disguise this!

Quote Originally Posted by the mask of zorro View Post
    And Schteeve, you are bald. Having a tuft of hair at the front of your head doesn't disguise this!

Having a decent few seasons at FC Twente disguised the fact he's an utterly wank British football manager. Who can blame him for thinking everyone is as daft as the same drongos who keep employing him?

I think that's the secret of success in football management. Have a modicum of success at one or two clubs, but otherwise just keep turning in average performances and get a decent wage for doing the job that has become routine for you. Once sacked you just go onto Sky or one of the other media platforms to add a bit to the pension pot whilst your pay-off from the latest debacle keeps the family in the luxury they have come to expect.

It's all about mid-table...

Spot on Vals.

Where do I sign up?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Redad View Post
    Where do I sign up?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    http://www.thefa.com/get-involved/co...ching-football

According to Nixon, taking a job in Israel.

Devils favourite advocate

LJR will be pleased

I can't wait to see his press conference. Do you reckon he'll be sporting a kippah and talk about how kosher the catering is?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

You can schmell the hischtory already, oy vay..

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Too School for Cool

Chairman: "Welcome Steve, mazel tov!"
    Schteve: "Errr... does he play left back?"

REUTERS - Former England manager Steve McClaren has agreed to join Israel's Maccabi Tel Aviv as a coaching consultant to new manager Jordi Cruyff, the Israeli Premier League club said on Monday.

So how will it take before he gets "the chop"?

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    REUTERS - Former England manager Steve McClaren has agreed to join Israel's Maccabi Tel Aviv as a coaching consultant to new manager Jordi Cruyff, the Israeli Premier League club said on Monday.

So how will it take before he gets "the chop"?
    He's already circumcised I'm sure.

You see...there is no end to that prick.

/Oldjokes

He is 56 now and he must have squirrelled away quite a few bob over the years, unless he's been silly with it. I can't see this new job paying that well and it is pretty low status to say the least.

I would have thought he would have retired and done the occasional support commentary or media piece?

He certainly won't be getting a Xmas Card from Roger Waters this year.

Best charlatan the game has ever seen. Totally inept & clueless, overspends & wrecks clubs wage structures to take them to worse league positions, and yet clubs keep employing him.

Just goes to show how little being a good football manager has to do with landing a job as one.

From the S*n:

RANGERS want talks with former England boss Steve McClaren about becoming their new boss.

The Glasgow giants have contacted McClaren about the vacancy and plan to meet him about a surprise appointment this week.