Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forest Support for Billy Davies

Default Forest Support for Billy Davies

I dont post that often......

I know that I am not the only one pi**ed off with NC's comments for his love of the sheep, only club in his heart, the news reports contentrating on the 'sucessful days of Brian Clough at dierby', saying that they were his most successful period of management, with no mention of Forest and now last night, KFCommons loving the sheep badge and sheep fans.

I F**king hate the Sheep.

Talking to a few Forest friends, we have got to get behind Bily Davies. I have just listened to the podcast on the OS....

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/pa...513181,00.html

and we need to give him our support.

Nigel has nailed his colours to the flagpole, in doing so is now a sheep and so has KFCommons so Boll**ks to 'em and lets get behind Billy and his Red and White Army.

FOREST TILL I DIE.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Forest Support for Billy Davies

Well we should give BD our full support no matter what is happening at Derby. Fans shouldn't really have to be told this.

What did you expect NC to say?
    "I don't really like Derby & prefer Forest but its a well paid job so I'll take it?"
    Don't be daft! He needs support from their fans like Billy does from ours.

Billy has come here and talked politely about the history we have and the pride he feels working here. Its a job to him to. He'll get my support coz he's with the Reds.

Its the team I'm a fan of not the manager (whoever it is)

Footy Manager Researcher

Now I was the first to berate Calderwood when he was offering up that schocking unimaginative football but I agree we need to get behind billy.

I'll be cheering for Davies loudly at the next home game, whereas Nigel will certainly not be getting a round of applause from me when we meet the sheep.

I reckon we we have the last laugh, Clough will hopefully take them down and Man United will spank them 7-0 at old Trafford.

Billy is the man now, How long did Calderwood get away with crap football and zero passion? Give billy a chance he may actually prepare our team for a matchday instead of sruggling to pick a formation like Calderwood did.

I would have been annoyed if we had appointed clough.

I'm not famous anymore!!
    Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

The manager at Forest will get my 100% support because Forest get my 100% support, so he gets it by default. I will never boo or jeer players or the manager at the CG. However, I do have reservations about DAvies as Forest manager and he has a lot to prove before you hear me shout his name.

Footy Manager Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by *Dave, Red Dog* Banished from 606
    The manager at Forest will get my 100% support because Forest get my 100% support, so he gets it by default. I will never boo or jeer players or the manager at the CG. However, I do have reservations about DAvies as Forest manager and he has a lot to prove before you hear me shout his name.
    Dave, you said the same about Calderwood IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by gazz85
    What did you expect NC to say?
    "I don't really like Derby & prefer Forest but its a well paid job so I'll take it?"
    Don't be daft! He needs support from their fans like Billy does from ours.

Billy has come here and talked politely about the history we have and the pride he feels working here. Its a job to him to. He'll get my support coz he's with the Reds.

Its the team I'm a fan of not the manager (whoever it is)
    Hay, I'm not daft, but passionate about Forest, it's past and more importantly it's future.

I'm not famous anymore!!

Quote Originally Posted by donny
    Dave, you said the same about Calderwood IIRC.
    I did give CC my support whilst at the CG, towards the end I was calling for him to go on the forums. CC should have gone a long time before he did.

Davies will get time to prove himself at Forest and I hope he does us proud and proves my doubts about him wrong. He has a good squad of players that just need a little something to guide them in the right direction. Hopefully Davies can do that.

Footy Manager Researcher

I did give CC my support whilst at the CG, towards the end I was calling for him to go on the forums. CC should have gone a long time before he did.
    No problem. I can recall exactly what was said on 606, and you were probably right in the end.

Davies will get time to prove himself at Forest and I hope he does us proud and proves my doubts about him wrong. He has a good squad of players that just need a little something to guide them in the right direction. Hopefully Davies can do that.
    I hope he does prove you wrong..

fair enough, I think Davies will be twice the manager Calderood was - If I'm wrong feel free to call me an arsehole.

I just think he has a bettter idea of how to get a team to win in the championship.

for example if we must play the long ball (as we did very often under calderwood) then it would be nice to have someone there to actually win it.

but i'll be singing Billy Davies red and white army if anyone fancies joining in.

Footy Manager Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbaggio
    for example if we must play the long ball (as we did very often under calderwood) then it would be nice to have someone there to actually win it.
    That was probably one of Calderwoods biggest downfalls.

Must say Billy is growing more on me by the day, starting to really like the fella... he sounds like he actually wants to do so well with this club very enthusiastic and such... sounds good in an interview ( having just listened to that podcast ) just makes ya realise what dire stuff we have been listening to from CC i dont care what anyone says when your manager reeks of confidence and can hold a good interview it makes you feel good.

Its good to hear him actually sounding positive and really up for this job, i know people will say he has to say these things but he sounds like he actually means it and really do wish him all the best, I have a good feeling with this appointment and the future we have with him, cant say Ive said that much after any of the previous appointments.

I'm not famous anymore!!

It is easy to say what you are going to do, actually doing it is the hard thing.

Fair dues to the guy I was really against his appointment but he is going to get his chance and he is a winner and will instill that attitude in the players and they will start to believe in themselves. Of course I want him to do well, that goes without saying and I hope he does and I hope in February I am singing 'Billy Davies, Red and White Army'.

Were on a march were Billy's army
    Were all going to Wembley
    And we'll really shake em up
    When we win the FA Cup
    because forest are the greatest football team!

Dont work

Footy Manager Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by Jack.........
    Were on a march were Billy's army
    Were all going to Wembley
    And we'll really shake em up
    When we win the FA Cup
    because forest are the greatest football team!
    Best one I heard on Saturday..

Billy, wherever you may be,
    You are the boss of the NFFC,
    You can sha9 my wife,
    On My settee,
    When we win the cup,
    At Wemberlee...

Love it

You can sha9 my wife,
    On My settee,
    When we win the cup,
    At Wemberlee...
    Class

Brian Clough brought there best success in their history at Derby so why would they focus more on his success in Nottingham??

Clough was a derby man and freely admitted it, Clough Jr. was never going to be different.

Too bad they both made their fame out at the City Ground instead!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce
    Hay, I'm not daft, but passionate about Forest, it's past and more importantly it's future.
    Deuce mate, I never meant you were daft. You can't be daft, you support Forest. Daft is supporting Derby! Just expressing something I've thought for years when I see managers on Sky Sports News etc saying how they love a club etc. Shut up, you've gone for a pay cheque! Sometimes it seems fans never see past the end of their own nose.

If Nigel can get DCFC to the Prem in ten years, then I'm all for him.

One thing that does leave me with a sense of distain is that I feel our legend has spurned us. Like all he did for us was to spite another. His son has chosen them to try and do the impossible. Make them great, a force.

As mentioned in other topics, Forest had won the league before, we won the FA cup before... He was a great man, I hope he rests well... But his son is riding his success. Who else would have taken Nigel if his name wasn't Clough?

He needs a run of luck cuz they play garbage football most of the time. We don't, and haven't for a good season or so. We lose to teams that battle and close us down fast. They just don't have any kind of fluidness to them. I hope they go down... he will lose his job then, but its not him that i want to fail... Its Derby, cuz we are Forest... And to me that is the Good Book.

You can sha9 my wife,
    On My settee,
    When we win the cup,
    At Wemberlee...
    Quality

As for this thread my sig says it all

No wonder my post count..

Davies, compared to Clough is a hell of a lot more confident.

If you read recent interviews, the summary really is:

Davies: "I want to take this team to the top flight within the next 2-3 years and want to make them financially secure".

Clough: "Well, we'll see how it goes really, I'm neither here nor there, I'm glad to have the opportunity".

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but billy has been at this level before and has succeeded, it's a new stomping ground for nigel, if he he's gonna get them to the prem in the next few years and fails, he's going to get slated by people.
    this way he's playing it safe.