Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Stuart Pearce's voice is already being heard loud and clear at Nottingham Forest"

Forest Till I Die!

Thumbs up "Stuart Pearce's voice is already being heard loud and clear at Nottingham Forest"

Nicked off ze Nottingham Post, but makes for an interesting read: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Stuart...ail/story.html

Have already posted previously, (half joking) that Pearce reads LTLF in his "spare" time: referring then to the topic thread of "which two signings would make up for the selling of Darlow & Lascelles." So cheers Stuart for that.

A couple of quotes from the NP article:

"We are looking at a permanent addition and perhaps a loan signing too, if the right one becomes available."

That number might just increase if either Collins or Halford do move on.

"There hasn't been any interest in Greg or Danny so far, but it is out there now that they are available," he adds. "The one thing I don't want, in the main, is to have senior players around the place who are not going to play regular football.

"That is a duty of care towards them. If I was of their age, I would want to play regular football. I'd hope that people would thank me for my honesty. I have been honest. I've told them that, if they move, they might get first team football."

So very honest, clear and straight talking is Pearce.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: "Stuart Pearce's voice is already being heard loud and clear at Nottingham Forest

It's early days yet but some of things he does and say are very Clough like. Honest & direct. He also doesn't have an ego that must be constantly massaged like many of those in football nowadays. He also has a grand plan - smaller squad plus a few hungry youngsters. This is going to be a good season.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Default Re: "Stuart Pearce's voice is already being heard loud and clear at Nottingham Forest

Interesting that we're still after another permanent addition. Lansbury replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker's Dog View Post
    It's early days yet but some of things he does and say are very Clough like. Honest & direct. He also doesn't have an ego that must be constantly massaged like many of those in football nowadays. He also has a grand plan - smaller squad plus a few hungry youngsters. This is going to be a good season.
    Aye, and whether it is or not I hope that grander plan gets the time to blossom.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker's Dog View Post
    I was just going to post, that he reminds me of Sir Brian in the way he talks and the air he has created around the club.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    I was just going to post, that he reminds me of Sir Brian in the way he talks and the air he has created around the club.
    He's a definite class above anyone we've had here since Clough. There's a certain "freshness" and clarity which I can't remember here in any of that time. The man is just a class act who is spreading that throughout the club, and it's been mint to watch his working this pre-season. Just focused, uncomplicated common sense implemented quickly and decisively.

Boom

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    He's a definite class above anyone we've had here since Clough. There's a certain "freshness" and clarity which I can't remember here in any of that time. The man is just a class act who is spreading that throughout the club, and it's been mint to watch his working this pre-season. Just focused, uncomplicated common sense implemented quickly and decisively.

Boom
    Haha, spot on Alf.

Quote Originally Posted by ForestWon View Post
    Nicked off ze Nottingham Post, but makes for an interesting read: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Stuart...ail/story.html

Have already posted previously, (half joking) that Pearce reads LTLF in his "spare" time: referring then to the topic thread of "which two signings would make up for the selling of Darlow & Lascelles." So cheers Stuart for that.

A couple of quotes from the NP article:

"We are looking at a permanent addition and perhaps a loan signing too, if the right one becomes available."

That number might just increase if either Collins or Halford do move on.

"There hasn't been any interest in Greg or Danny so far, but it is out there now that they are available," he adds. "The one thing I don't want, in the main, is to have senior players around the place who are not going to play regular football.

"That is a duty of care towards them. If I was of their age, I would want to play regular football. I'd hope that people would thank me for my honesty. I have been honest. I've told them that, if they move, they might get first team football."

So very honest, clear and straight talking is Pearce.
    I don't like this straight talking honesty

I like innuendo, puzzle phrases, sarcasm, cryptic messages

The king is dead. Long live BD

Boom
    Clear and concise communication.

You cant beat it. in any business its a must

I was very apprehensive when we hired him, that it was for all the wrong reasons, but his approach since the day he started has won me over entirely.

Boom
    I'm going back to bed to wank missen daft over him

Again

Deffnate!

Just to add to that, I think it's actually been a blessing that there's been no CEO to restrict his actions. Not saying we don't still need one to help organize the club, but for me it needs to be someone who, similar to the Clough setup, doesn't hold any real power over Pearce. Pearce can be trusted to work without restrictions.

I like his honesty but I don't think he needed to name the players that aren't required in the press. Bit harsh on them.

I know people hate Collins for playing shit but he's been picked time and time again. What's he gonna do?

Say "nah I don't wanna play the fans think I'm shit. I think I'm shit."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I like his honesty but I don't think he needed to name the players that aren't required in the press. Bit harsh on them.

I know people hate Collins for playing shit but he's been picked time and time again. What's he gonna do?

If anything he's doing them a favour in my eyes - advertising their services and getting them a potential move, signing on fee and regular football. It's not a slur on them, it's just a true statement that they are surplus to requirements. I think most folk can see that anyway, and at least this way he's helping prevent their career stagnate.

I saw a surprisingly excellent Zlatan interview yesterday and he was talking about Mourinho turning him from a cat into a lion. This is how Pearce is making me feel, I've gone from a nervous baby chimp to a fully fledged gibbon

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Boom
    Nice to see you recognise the importance of our manager having class Alf.

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    Nice to see you recognise the importance of our manager having class Alf.
    I'm a changed man Tim. Amaizing what a bit of fucjing g wot karate does!!

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    I saw a surprisingly excellent Zlatan interview yesterday and he was talking about Mourinho turning him from a cat into a lion. This is how Pearce is making me feel, I've gone from a nervous baby chimp to a fully fledged gibbon
    I think he's turning a few from grown men into pubescent school girls.

Impressive member

I'm a member of a few NFFC sites on Facebook and I've noticed that 'fucjing g wot karate' thing bandied about all over. You bastards get around. But I don't like to see the names of those posting because it's like going to a fancy dress party and shagging someone, only to find out later it's a work colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    I'm a member of a few NFFC sites on Facebook and I've noticed that 'fucjing g wot karate' thing bandied about all over. You bastards get around. But I don't like to see the names of those posting because it's like going to a fancy dress party and shagging someone, only to find out later it's a work colleague.
    I've only used facebook about 3 time in the past 5 months so aint me chap. Proud of the FGWK crew for spreading the word to the other homies tho. Word up.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    I think he's turning a few from grown men into pubescent school girls.
    Who's for hanging round with the older A level graduates and turning lesbian?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

Maybe some an are not appreciative of his efforts ?

Senior Doom Monger

Not a single mention of the Wee Scottish Fella (WSF) in this thread so far...
    Doh!
    Pearce has started positively - some exciting transfer activity; some of the players who were not really hitting their inital form shipped out; 2 wins in the games that count.
    I wonder what it will be like when (and I do mean when, not if) we hit a poor run of results?
    I hope we all keep level headed and don't call for him to be sacked, or for the WSF to be brought back.
    I was sceptical at first over SP's appointment.
    I am rapidly moving from being sceptical to being firmly on the fence.

If anything he's doing them a favour in my eyes - advertising their services and getting them a potential move, signing on fee and regular football.
    It also gives them the opportunity to work their socks off for a new contract by impressing the manager to show him he was wrong to want to let them go.

Stuart is a breath of fresh air and inspiration. Talking to the fans and respecting their opinion, what a concept!

Who will BooBaby boo?
    I'm up on the eleventh floor and I'm watching the Harleys below.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    moving from being sceptical to being on the fence.
    ^ this ^

As daft as it sounds fans do know more about there team than anyone. Every single player he's moved on I would have done exactly the same. Its like he has read mine and most fans mind. The only ones who have caused a murmur are Radi and Mackie but I am 100% happy for them to move on.

For me the man hasn't put a single foot wrong yet. The only thing that concerns me is the thought he might manage Engerland. Fuck off Engerland Psycho is ours and you are not having him.