Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2019

Thread: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

Just donated a small amount of cash to King's Lynn FC on hearing their season is over, with the Linnets second to York City in National League North by two points with two games in hand.

The financial situation in the lower leagues, as you can imagine, is dire. The big-hearted Premier League have donated a large amount of cash to be divided up, but it's only an advance on what would have been given as normal at the start of next season, so in effect the clubs are no better off.

I understand, though the real situation is clouded by the usual double-talk and jargon the football authorities manage to spew forth at times like this, that promotion and relegation is to be decided by a committee composed of all the National League clubs and four representatives from the North and South sections of the League.

Fingers crossed that we progress. Fancy, King's Lynn Town FC mentioned in the results programme on a Saturday afternoon!! Never thought this would happen when I stood in the rain watching Midland League games against the Posh in the mid-50s at the Walks. At the time the Posh were top dogs in that League, so their rise is not so unexpected.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Just donated a small amount of cash to King's Lynn FC on hearing their season is over, with the Linnets second to York City in National League North by two points with two games in hand.

The financial situation in the lower leagues, as you can imagine, is dire. The big-hearted Premier League have donated a large amount of cash to be divided up, but it's only an advance on what would have been given as normal at the start of next season, so in effect the clubs are no better off.

I understand, though the real situation is clouded by the usual double-talk and jargon the football authorities manage to spew forth at times like this, that promotion and relegation is to be decided by a committee composed of all the National League clubs and four representatives from the North and South sections of the League.

Fingers crossed that we progress. Fancy, King's Lynn Town FC mentioned in the results programme on a Saturday afternoon!! Never thought this would happen when I stood in the rain watching Midland League games against the Posh in the mid-50s at the Walks. At the time the Posh were top dogs in that League, so their rise is not so unexpected.
    It's dire because of players wages, not their fault of course but The Kings Lynn lot will be on bloody good wonga (for what?). It's all above them that's created it with the cancerous agents but it's still the all encompassed problem.

This will not change until players wages are more realistic and capped.

The football authorities don’t give a toss about the lower leagues & how the season ends, they will just come up with some wanky scheme to fudge the end of the season because it’s an inconvenience to them while they sort out a way of finishing the PL season as that’s all they give a fuck about

I would add that all at the club (players, staff, directors) have agreed a wage cut, sadly they have given me no further details on the wage levels. The club will be £100,000 adrift if nothing is done, so I think, from that, you can assume that nobody at the club is on vastly inflated wages.

The Linnets are one of the poorer clubs in the lower leagues, having gone bust about ten years ago, so they don't have large resources at their disposal.

The only sympathy I have is for you and their fans mate.

If it goes bust again it will be 100% because they spend more than their income on players wages.

Should also be officially confirmed today that the League 2 season is over.

Promoted

Swindon - Champions
    Crewe Alex - Runners Up
    Plymouth Argyle - Third

Play-offs

Cheltenham Town (4th)v Northampton (7th)
    Exeter (5th) v Colchester (6th)

Relegated

Stevenage are bottom. But Macclesfield are 2nd bottom and will be getting points deducted. So this one could get interesting.

Red til I'm dead

Is Macc’s points deduction from pre-covid or after? If it’s after, they could argue they’d have made it through the season without the fine (although I doubt it).

They should just fuck both of them off and promote 3 from the National League. I bet the top clubs in that division are run better than financial basket cases like Macclesfield.

They should also have a rule whereby any club that goes into admin is immediately relegated and has all their pro playing contracts voided so they can start again on sensible wages in a lower league. Macc need to cut their cloth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Is Macc’s points deduction from pre-covid or after? If it’s after, they could argue they’d have made it through the season without the fine (although I doubt it).

They should just fuck both of them off and promote 3 from the National League. I bet the top clubs in that division are run better than financial basket cases like Macclesfield.

They should also have a rule whereby any club that goes into admin is immediately relegated and has all their pro playing contracts voided so they can start again on sensible wages in a lower league. Macc need to cut their cloth.

It doesn't look like it matters. Both Macclesfield and Stevenage announced as relegated so that means 2 other teams are coming up with Barrow.

But relegation will only happen if the National League assures the EFL that the 2020/21 season will start.

Thursday 18th June

Colchester v Exeter – 17:30
    Northampton v Cheltenham – 19:45

Monday 22nd June

Exeter v Colchester - 17:15
    Cheltenham v Northampton - 20:00

Final (Wembley Stadium)

Monday 29th June - 19:30

Red til I'm dead

What is the point of playing the playoff finals at Wembley with no fans?? Might as well play them at a smaller, neutral venue

What is the point of playing the playoff finals at Wembley with no fans?? Might as well play them at a smaller, neutral venue
    It'll be the FA getting money off Sky to help pay a bit of interest off the massive loans to build it.

An Exeter v Cheltenham final (possible) at Wembley is madness if there are no supporters, they could even play at a non-league ground as long as it permitted the required social distancing.

Sappnin we the Scraggies? No chance a them being shoehorned back to league status is thee?

tel - 0898 12 11 74

I would add that all at the club (players, staff, directors) have agreed a wage cut, sadly they have given me no further details on the wage levels. The club will be £100,000 adrift if nothing is done, so I think, from that, you can assume that nobody at the club is on vastly inflated wages.

The Linnets are one of the poorer clubs in the lower leagues, having gone bust about ten years ago, so they don't have large resources at their disposal.
    Paul Bastock's just cleaned my windows

Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    Paul Bastock's just cleaned my windows
    Apparently holds the record for competitive appearances in world football, breaking Peter Shilton's record and made appearance number 1,278 when making his debut for Grantham Town v. Basford in August 2018. The Linnets asst. manager.

Did you ask him if he knows how they are going to sort out promotion and relegation in the National League? I can't find the answer anywhere.

tel - 0898 12 11 74

Apparently holds the record for competitive appearances in world football, breaking Peter Shilton's record and made appearance number 1,278 when making his debut for Grantham Town v. Basford in August 2018. The Linnets asst. manager.

Did you ask him if he knows how they are going to sort out promotion and relegation in the National League? I can't find the answer anywhere.
    Popular fella around Boston is Baz, really nice bloke. They are hoping the points per game option is taken so Lynn will just oust York on goals scored. It'll be interesting to see how this one pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    Popular fella around Boston is Baz, really nice bloke. They are hoping the points per game option is taken so Lynn will just oust York on goals scored. It'll be interesting to see how this one pans out.
    Don't know anything about him, so glad to hear he's a good chap, keep the spirits up at the Walks. Thanks for the info.

I'm hoping the same thing, despite a pitiful last few games, if the do the ppg calculation, Lynn should still come out on top. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    An Exeter v Cheltenham final (possible) at Wembley is madness if there are no supporters, they could even play at a non-league ground as long as it permitted the required social distancing.
    Went to Exeter v Blackpool final 3 years ago. Hardly any in the Blackpool end, though Exeter end was packed. Though I think Blackpool still had more than Torquay managed in the 1991 final when they beat Blackpool on penalties.

L2 play-offs start Thursday.

Looks like everything is positive for Notts County to have a chance of promotion.

Harrogate Town v Boreham Wood or Halifax
    Notts County v Yeovil or Barnet

Votes have to be submitted by tomorrow evening. But surely, the resolution should pass.

NOOOOOOOOOOO !!

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOO !!
    They probably playing Yeovil in a play-off SF though....

bad guy

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOO !!

The real stuff starts today - Div Four play offs.

Be interesting to what a game between two sides who haven't played for three months, but whose entire season rests upon it, looks like.

Got to question the logic of playing two legged semi finals for these games at this point. Other than giving the teams a game to try to get up to speed, I'm not sure why it is necessary. If a neutral venue behind closed doors is good enough for the final, why not the semis? Suppose to be limiting travel, saving club costs, and just playing these games because they are absolutely necessary. Even the CL League looks like it will do away with two legs.

It can't be about sticking to the usual format - that went out the window when the season was cut shirt and clubs sitting outside the play off positions were given a play-off fixture on points per game.

After deciding the season on a ppg basis, King's Lynn Town are champions of National League North and, subject to ratification, will play in the National League next season.

What a turn up!! Apart from a vague effort to get into the football league in the 50s (if I recall correctly) this is the highest position Lynn have ever achieved. Of course, in the 50s there was no automatic promotion relegation between the Football League and the lower leagues in those far off days, so it doesn't really count as a high point.

Posh, for instance, were admitted to the league under that voting system.

The Linnets on Soccer Saturday!

They could be live on BT Sport for a game or two next season then.

Incidentally, Wealdstone are champions of National League South, so I guess Psycho will be pleased.