Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879
Results 1,951 to 1,955 of 1955

Thread: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

Just donated a small amount of cash to King's Lynn FC on hearing their season is over, with the Linnets second to York City in National League North by two points with two games in hand.

The financial situation in the lower leagues, as you can imagine, is dire. The big-hearted Premier League have donated a large amount of cash to be divided up, but it's only an advance on what would have been given as normal at the start of next season, so in effect the clubs are no better off.

I understand, though the real situation is clouded by the usual double-talk and jargon the football authorities manage to spew forth at times like this, that promotion and relegation is to be decided by a committee composed of all the National League clubs and four representatives from the North and South sections of the League.

Fingers crossed that we progress. Fancy, King's Lynn Town FC mentioned in the results programme on a Saturday afternoon!! Never thought this would happen when I stood in the rain watching Midland League games against the Posh in the mid-50s at the Walks. At the time the Posh were top dogs in that League, so their rise is not so unexpected.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Just donated a small amount of cash to King's Lynn FC on hearing their season is over, with the Linnets second to York City in National League North by two points with two games in hand.

The financial situation in the lower leagues, as you can imagine, is dire. The big-hearted Premier League have donated a large amount of cash to be divided up, but it's only an advance on what would have been given as normal at the start of next season, so in effect the clubs are no better off.

I understand, though the real situation is clouded by the usual double-talk and jargon the football authorities manage to spew forth at times like this, that promotion and relegation is to be decided by a committee composed of all the National League clubs and four representatives from the North and South sections of the League.

Fingers crossed that we progress. Fancy, King's Lynn Town FC mentioned in the results programme on a Saturday afternoon!! Never thought this would happen when I stood in the rain watching Midland League games against the Posh in the mid-50s at the Walks. At the time the Posh were top dogs in that League, so their rise is not so unexpected.
    It's dire because of players wages, not their fault of course but The Kings Lynn lot will be on bloody good wonga (for what?). It's all above them that's created it with the cancerous agents but it's still the all encompassed problem.

This will not change until players wages are more realistic and capped.

The football authorities don’t give a toss about the lower leagues & how the season ends, they will just come up with some wanky scheme to fudge the end of the season because it’s an inconvenience to them while they sort out a way of finishing the PL season as that’s all they give a fuck about

I would add that all at the club (players, staff, directors) have agreed a wage cut, sadly they have given me no further details on the wage levels. The club will be £100,000 adrift if nothing is done, so I think, from that, you can assume that nobody at the club is on vastly inflated wages.

The Linnets are one of the poorer clubs in the lower leagues, having gone bust about ten years ago, so they don't have large resources at their disposal.

It's all about mid-table...

The only sympathy I have is for you and their fans mate.

If it goes bust again it will be 100% because they spend more than their income on players wages.