Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 1955

Thread: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

Where's me hammer?

Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Basford United having a great season joint top could be in the Conference with Notts County next season.
    Is their ground up to spec for a promotion?

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

In actual fact their next step is National League North not the National League so unless Notts get relegated they won't play each other next season but they could play Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Is their ground up to spec for a promotion?

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    I think they can go as far as the Conference with the Astroturf, but not join the Football League. Not sure about seating though, there are some seats but most folk just stand around the side of the pitch.

Account removed

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Basford United having a great season joint top could be in the Conference with Notts County next season.
    Bit difficult when they are two leagues apart.

Basford play in the Northern Premier League Premier Division which is a feeder league to the National League North. Win both of those leagues and then they'll be in the Conference, but unless Notts County are getting relegated and Basford promoted there's no chance of them playing in the same league next season.

Last edited by Account Deleted; 30-01-20 at 00:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Bit fucking difficult when they are two leagues apart.

Basford play in the Northern Premier League Premier Division which is a feeder league to the National League North. Win both of those leagues and then they'll be in the Conference, but unless Notts County are getting relegated and Basford promoted there's fuck all chance of them playing in the same league next season.
    Worth remembering that on this day just 2 years ago Notts were 2nd in League 2, 9pts behind Luton and 1pt above Mansfield with 17 games to go.

Who'd have predicted todays standing then... and who's to say that in two years time they aren't facing Basford, though if that were likely I'd assume Notts would go 'pop' before hand.

Incidentally, we were sat 14th heading for 17th. The moaning on here has remained pretty consistent though.

The Foam Hand

I wonder if Keef is at Notts tonight, they’re battering Chesterfield 3-0...

Account removed

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Grim, fucking grim!

Go on, Notts

I've had a grim day, too. The Linnets lost at home to Kidderminster 0-2. The lead for Lynn at the top of Vanarama North is down to one point, but we have two games in hand.

What with Forest jacking it in, too, it's not the best Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    If Boden carried on running at goal after his pen they'd have been 1-0 up and gone on to win. But the twat went off to celebrate and wasn't even looking when the keeper spilled his pen, and meant he could just dive right back on it, bloody idiot.

I was going to do the Chesterfield Wrexham match as well yesterday. But I only discovered on Friday night that the police wouldn't allow tickets to be sold on the day. Probably just as well, it would have soured an otherwise brilliant day. Congrats to Chesterfield, hopefully we both survive and are challenging at the other end of the table next season.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Tiers 3-7 : season has been abandoned and all records are expunged from the books, and there is no promotion or relegation. Ouch!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/foot...mpression=true

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Harsh for Steve Chettle and his Basford side. Hope they come back strong next season.

If the EFL decided to make 2019/20 a void season like the lower levels have done would the season when re started have to include Bury?

In some of the leagues the teams due to be relegated are due to go down by huge mounts. Bolton, Southend in L1 and Stevenage from L2. They will be the luckiest teams alive if the season is wiped out.

It's all about mid-table...

Think the leagues have to be played out (Closed doors possibly), already 30 or 40 objections, maybe court action over the non league below Nutts being scrapped.

Promotion and relegation have to be sorted otherwise it will be mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Think the leagues have to be played out (Closed doors possibly), already 30 or 40 objections, maybe court action over the non league below Nutts being scrapped.

Promotion and relegation have to be sorted otherwise it will be mayhem.
    It's a once in a century event.

Just because something gets taken to court, doesn't mean the court will decide in their favour. There's no "good" answers to this conundrum but one of the better ones is to scrap the season.

Clubs won't be able to argue the part about reduced revenue next year if they've missed out on promotion because no club has actually been promoted yet.

.k I m
    I m u mm

I'm warming to the idea of just scrapping the season and starting again in August (if possible)

I know we're in the PO picture but that's the way it goes, harsh on Liverpool and Leeds but who gives a fuck about those tossers

Result for Norwich

The PL will save on parachute payments for relegated clubs and that could be dished out to league 1 & league 2 teams

Although what I think will happen is the PL teams will get what they want and nobody will give a fuck about the lower leagues as usual

One of the big problems is the form issue. Last 9 or 10 games is all about that. So Hull are in terrible form but currently sit above relegation but teams below them are clearly in better form. It is a fucking nightmare. Whatever gets done will cause dismay with some. I personally think they will play it out behind closed doors at some point. It would change the dynamics massively but at least the season has run its course and it is the same for everyone. The issue is then do they play a shorter season next year? Run it later and fuck the euros off again.

I think games behind closed doors is the only way of ending the season, playing twice a week should get it done in a month or so. You don't even have to bother with the mid-table games once it's known that teams can't go up or down. Then just start next season slightly later and have fewer international breaks. If necessary, run a shortened league season in which every team plays the other only once.

The difficulties in all of this come from the TV companies who have paid vast sums for umpteen premier league games and (even worse) months of meaningless European fixtures which end up with the same 8 teams in the quarter finals as always.

Well it didn’t take long, 66 clubs have written to the FA to complain about voiding their season.

We’re not going to be ready for a full 2020-21 season so fuck that off. Give the clubs and everyone else time to sort everything for 2021-22. By all means play some friendlies inbetween and give national teams time before Euro 2021.

They can't really make any concrete plans until they know when playing football will be safe again. In this country, and because the calendar is connected across the continent, in Europe. And nobody knows that at the moment. Any plans they make now, will likely likely have to be changed again down the line.

Going to be very difficult if not impossible to sort things out so that everybody agrees with the decision.

Main point is, don't let the EFL or the PL decide, because they are sure to cock it up.

Get all the clubs together, have a giant party and when they're all pissed, have a vote.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

The only sensible thing is to recognise that next season hasn't started. It's then easy to move or cancel it.
    That then allows the complicated season that HAS started, to be finished.

Once the timing becomes clear,byiy can then hatch a plan for what - if anything - to do with the 20/21 season

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Going to be very difficult if not impossible to sort things out so that everybody agrees with the decision.

Main point is, don't let the EFL or the PL decide, because they are sure to cock it up.

Get all the clubs together, have a giant party and when they're all pissed, have a vote.
    Thul get raided !