Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1489

Thread: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

The Foam Hand

Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

Frictions on the Stags forum about the drummer in the crowd
    It's fucking annoying when you hear one for 90 minutes though I must say.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Drums are for *****.

Terrorist Scum

Default Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Drums are for *****.
    Think yourselves lucky.

At VfB Stuttgart home games there are not one but Six drummers at the front of the Cannstatter Kurve (the “standing” section) all banging away in synchronised bliss.

It can get rather boisterous.

I quite like it.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Think yourselves lucky.

At VfB Stuttgart home games there are not one but Six drummers at the front of the Cannstatter Kurve (the “standing” section) all banging away in synchronised bliss.

It can get rather boisterous.

I quite like it.
    I'd do fucking time for 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I'd do fucking time for 'em.
    I agree, drums drive me bonkers.

I’m not sure if this has been discussed earlier on this thread as I’ve looked back a few pages and it’s all Mansfield and chesterfield (who have had a crap Xmas and look to be on the way down again after losing 3 on the bounce) and I can’t be arsed to go back in any more detail.

However, the promotion in all national leagues now is decided as top go up plus one more from a 6 team play off system - what’s that about? I’m all for an exciting end to a season but have been totally pissed off with playoffs since we lost to Blackpool having been well clear in third. Imagine the possible difference in points between 2nd and 7th and how is that fair? A league is about consistently playing well throughout the season with the best teams overall being promoted - they might as well have a 16 team playoff knockout in May with the remaining 4 teams all being relegated lottery or what??!!

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by redforest View Post
    I’m not sure if this has been discussed earlier on this thread as I’ve looked back a few pages and it’s all Mansfield and chesterfield (who have had a crap Xmas and look to be on the way down again after losing 3 on the bounce) and I can’t be arsed to go back in any more detail.

However, the promotion in all national leagues now is decided as top go up plus one more from a 6 team play off system - what’s that about? I’m all for an exciting end to a season but have been totally pissed off with playoffs since we lost to Blackpool having been well clear in third. Imagine the possible difference in points between 2nd and 7th and how is that fair? A league is about consistently playing well throughout the season with the best teams overall being promoted - they might as well have a 16 team playoff knockout in May with the remaining 4 teams all being relegated lottery or what??!!
    Completely agree.

The playoff system in unfair and allows teams ending a season on good form an outside chance of promotion. It supposed to be a season long campaign.

Under the current system Brian Cloughs team may not have been promoted in 76/77.

Lincoln up to third in L2 with a squad of 19 senior professionals. They're playing 16 year old lads in cup games cos they haven't got enough players.

Says a lot about getting some good feeling in your city. Sell out the ground every week as well.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Lincoln up to third in L2 with a squad of 19 senior professionals. They're playing 16 year old lads in cup games cos they haven't got enough players.

Says a lot about getting some good feeling in your city. Sell out the ground every week as well.
    I hope they go up, got a soft spot for them and the city, as you know. But can they grow further?
    When is the new stadium proposed and how much will the capacity be? Moving further away from town could backfire on them.

I hope they go up, got a soft spot for them and the city, as you know. But can they grow further?
    When is the new stadium proposed and how much will the capacity be? Moving further away from town could backfire on them.
    Bit further from town with 12k cap. You’re right - but most drive in at the moment anyways as I’m all too aware living essentially on the same street as the ground ha

Completely agree.

The playoff system in unfair and allows teams ending a season on good form an outside chance of promotion. It supposed to be a season long campaign.

Under the current system Brian Cloughs team may not have been promoted in 76/77.
    Most exciting games of any given season though.

I love them. How many classic football matches have they provided since they came in?

Season would end in February for half the league without them. Non league has six team play offs this year.

Team in third know the system when the season starts. Just as an Olympian knows setting a WR in the heats won't guarantee a medal - the best competitor performs on the big occasion when the stakes are highest.

The only thing I'd change is to make the semi-finals one leg with the higher finishibg team at home. Gives them some advantage for their better season. And first legs are generally cagey anyway before it all opens up in the second leg.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 27-12-17 at 22:31.

It's all about mid-table...

Good post Frarrrncis, the play offs do keep clubs and supporters hopes alive, look at ourselves, we are always banging on about how many points we are from a play off place.

Good point about the 1 leg of the semis as well, but of course money was how this whole thing was created so cant see it changing.

I'm surprised they haven't come up with relegation play offs yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Play offs initially were three from the second tier and one from the top tier weren't they. Charlton beat Leeds in the first one and stayed up. Then Middlesboro won at Stamford Bridge and this happened...

Emotions run too high when one team celebrates winning promotion in front of fans who have just seen their team relegated by defeat in the same game. Especially when the game is played in front of the wrong fans.

Terrorist Scum

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post

The Bundesliga in Germany sort of has this Raymondo.

There are eighteen teams in the division, the bottom two get relegated automatically whilst third from bottom plays off over two legs against the third place team in the 2. Bundesliga, winner gets a place in the top flight.

It's all about mid-table...

I'd forgotten about that mate.

I rather like the playoff idea I think Rugby League has. I think the bottom team in the playoffs play the team above them and the winners then play the next team up and so on, so the team finishing third, in our case, would only play one game against the winners of the games between the three below them.

Not a very lucid explanation of my idea, but I hope the message sort of got through.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    The Bundesliga in Germany sort of has this Raymondo.

There are eighteen teams in the division, the bottom two get relegated automatically whilst third from bottom plays off over two legs against the third place team in the 2. Bundesliga, winner gets a place in the top flight.

It's the same in scotch egg land

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Play-offs have kind of replaced the FA Cup as the frantic winner-takes-all climatic end to the domestic football season. The FA Cup doesn't mean what it once did to a lot of clubs, but any team that can achieve it throws everything at winning promotion. The tension means it is never boring even when the games isn't much cop. And it ends in footballers dancing or crying on the pitch like the Cup Final used to.

http://twohundredpercent.net/hartlep...anging-thread/

An interesting read for your lunchtimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was speaking to a couple of Hartlepool fans over Christmas, they were expecting that once it was clear that they wouldn't go up or down, there might be a fire sale to cover the costs of running the club while the uncertainties over the ownership continued.

Terrorist Scum

Quote Originally Posted by Beardo7 View Post
    http://twohundredpercent.net/hartlep...anging-thread/

An interesting read for your lunchtimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And meanwhile, Manchester City are spending £200m alone on Full Backs.

There’s something radically wrong with the distribution of money in British Football, that is clear.

The Foam Hand

I'll be daytripping next Tuesday, got a ticket for Stags v Cardiff, which means I'll have dibs on Man City ticket if they get through (not that that's relevant to me).

I wonder if they sell those yellow and blue jester hats and foam hands...

The Foam Hand

Stags are looking strong now, four points behind County and in good form.

Be interesting if the two ended up meeting in the playoff final at Wembley. Anybody fancy it?

Stags are looking strong now, four points behind County and in good form.

Be interesting if the two ended up meeting in the playoff final at Wembley. Anybody fancy it?
    It's so tight up there. Luton are the only ones getting ahead.

Notts seem awfully cocky, they are only 6 points off 9th position. A bad run of form will see them drop pretty quickly.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    It's so tight up there. Luton are the only ones getting ahead.

Notts seem awfully cocky, they are only 6 points off 9th position. A bad run of form will see them drop pretty quickly.
    It is mate.

The clubs with smaller squads usually start to fall away in the new year as injuries mount up, Accrington do it every year.
    Mansfield have quite a bit of quality in depth so should sustain a promotion push.
    It's definitely going to be interesting.