Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1323

Thread: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

      
  1. #976
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Spice Town
    Posts
    17,693

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Francescoli (on loan) View Post
    Lincoln were promoted last season (highest attendances in div 4 this season), Grimsby the season before(6th highest attendance in League 2 the following season) , Bristol Rovers (4th highest attendances in div 4 the following season), Luton the season before that (2nd highest attendances in div 4 the following season). I don't really think any League Two club can complain about loss of revenue because of the small fanbase of the newly promoted sides? Half of those coming up are better supported than most of League Two.

    Promotion from the National League is contested by only professional clubs, often ex-league clubs with good followings. The other half of the group are the smaller sides - FGR, Eastleigh, Fleetwood, Crawley sort of size - that are there because somebody is bankrolling them. If a football club has somebody putting in enough money they can buy success at any level in spite of their small fanbase - Wigan, Blackburn etc - and if you can wave enough notes nobody in football is ever going to turn you away.
    You've kind of proved my point. It's been healthy the last five years because original league clubs have returned, like you say, Lincoln, Bristol, Grimsby and Luton.
    Try taking them four out and replacing them with the likes of FGR, Braintree, Ebbsfleet and Boreham Wood. Watch attendances drop. You've got to think, when Pompey were taking 2,000 fans to Field Mill every year it was a decent bonus.

    There was a period were some clubs were coming up with little to offer. With that exist to avoid relegation mentality.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #977

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Seems in most cases, whether they are well supported or propped up by a wealthy owner, most teams promoted from the National League are promoted again with 2-3 three years, or at least come very close. FGR are suprise, they are also more of exception. The National League is halfway to being just a fifth divsion of pro teams already.

    I'd say if anything, it should be three up three down. Seems those that go up more often than not are strong in div 4. And teams that go down struggle to get back out. Grimsby and Lincoln were stuck in there for years. Lincoln never even threatened to get out before last season. Tranmere and Leyton Orient are two more old Football League clubs who aren't getting out any time soon.


  4. #978
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Spice Town
    Posts
    17,693

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Boring international break. Mansfield are taking around 1,500 to Coventry away today, if I had the spare cash I'd have joined them.


  5. #979
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Spice Town
    Posts
    17,693

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Well, a good result for Mansfield. Won 1-0 and took 1,600, well done. I really hope they make the playoffs.


  6. #980
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    11,175

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    They were, which was worrying. They are an unfashionable club and never been favourites for anything.

    I've not been yet this season because our home fixtures have clashed, but apparently they are mostly playing well and not putting their chances away.

    I'll be going to the Chesterfield game as we have Cardiff on the Sunday. Ill be scanning the crowd outside the ground for Swaggers...
    Been down the Proact Stadium tonight to watch Jack Lesters team absolutely batter Forest Green Rovers yet only win 3-2.

    Ticket collected for Mansfield on Saturday. I'll be scanning the crowd for a dapper lad, bet it'll be Bryn, Stone Island to fuck


  7. #981
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    CSU EAST BAY
    Posts
    13,729

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Been down the Proact Stadium tonight to watch Jack Lesters team absolutely batter Forest Green Rovers yet only win 3-2.

    Ticket collected for Mansfield on Saturday. I'll be scanning the crowd for a dapper lad, bet it'll be Bryn, Stone Island to fuck
    Jack Lester has his team bottom of the league lol. Next time notts county plays Luton, id love to watch that. Two teams battling out for first place, and how is Lincoln 11th! That’s not bad considering where they’re from.


  8. #982
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Spice Town
    Posts
    17,693

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Been down the Proact Stadium tonight to watch Jack Lesters team absolutely batter Forest Green Rovers yet only win 3-2.

    Ticket collected for Mansfield on Saturday. I'll be scanning the crowd for a dapper lad, bet it'll be Bryn, Stone Island to fuck
    Howdy!

    It should be a cracking game, the Stags look like they've finally clicked and the Spireites are improving under Jack Lester.
    Probably won't sell out but I think it'll be close.
    I'll be in upper Ian Greaves, keeping an eye on you


  9. #983
    Not banned, just being a pillock
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41,352

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Howdy!

    It should be a cracking game, the Stags look like they've finally clicked and the Spireites are improving under Jack Lester.
    Probably won't sell out but I think it'll be close.
    I'll be in upper Ian Greaves, keeping an eye on you
    Not like you to make a local Derby..... then i realised your in the upper tier, so out the way of harm.


  10. #984
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    11,175

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Jack Lester has his team bottom of the league lol.
    Being bottom of the League is the least of their worries at Chesterfield F.C. Their Chairman and majority benefactor Dave Allen has resigned his position and a further 6 directors have also left the clubs board.

    They are haemorrhaging cash, hand over fist and yet since Lester’s arrival Chesterfield have only lost 1 game. In Kristian Dennis they have a striker on a rich seam of form who has scored in his previous 6 games.

    Just because they are bottom, don’t expect them to stay there, although Mansfield on Saturday will prove too much for them IMO.

    Really looking forward to the game, theirs always needle between the fans and it should be a cracking atmosphere.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


  11. #985
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    CSU EAST BAY
    Posts
    13,729

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Being bottom of the League is the least of their worries at Chesterfield F.C. Their Chairman and majority benefactor Dave Allen has resigned his position and a further 6 directors have also left the clubs board.

    They are haemorrhaging cash, hand over fist and yet since Lester’s arrival Chesterfield have only lost 1 game. In Kristian Dennis they have a striker on a rich seam of form who has scored in his previous 6 games.

    Just because they are bottom, don’t expect them to stay there, although Mansfield on Saturday will prove too much for them IMO.

    Really looking forward to the game, theirs always needle between the fans and it should be a cracking atmosphere.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Lets hope for the best, for lesters sake really as he seems like a very nice bloke. So you don’t think they’re going down this year?


  12. #986
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    11,175

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Down?

    No chance.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if Jack asked Forest for a couple of loanees come January.

    No, Chesterfield are playing good football under Jacks tutelage and will start the new year outside of the relegation places, however quite a few of the other teams down there have also hit a purple patch, points wise.

    I’ll stick my neck on the block and state that the Spirites will miss out on a play-off spot by 3 points following a home defeat by Mansfield leading up to the end of the season.

    That a 15 point deficit they need to make up, but the atmosphere around the club is 100% better than it was last time I attended at the beginning of the season.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


  13. #987
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    11,418

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Being bottom of the League is the least of their worries at Chesterfield F.C. Their Chairman and majority benefactor Dave Allen has resigned his position and a further 6 directors have also left the clubs board.

    They are haemorrhaging cash, hand over fist and yet since Lester’s arrival Chesterfield have only lost 1 game. In Kristian Dennis they have a striker on a rich seam of form who has scored in his previous 6 games.

    Just because they are bottom, don’t expect them to stay there, although Mansfield on Saturday will prove too much for them IMO.

    Really looking forward to the game, theirs always needle between the fans and it should be a cracking atmosphere.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If Lester succeeds in that job he can do any job.

    Results are slowly picking up so good luck to him. I wouldn't mind us throwing one or two of our young players that could do with a test.

    It certainly benefited Worral & Cash going to Dagenham & Redbridge when they were in a similar situation.


  14. #988
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Spice Town
    Posts
    17,693

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    A frosty morning in west Nottinghamshire for the visit of Chesterfield today.
    As far as I'm aware Mansfield have sold around 8,000 tickets, so it will be the biggest gate since 2004, apparently.
    Should be a good game, Stags beat Port Vale by four goals in their last game and whilst the Spireites prop the entire football league up they are improving under Jack Lester. The Stags currently sit in the playoff positions.


  15. #989
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    11,175

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Come on you Spirites!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


  16. #990
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Spice Town
    Posts
    17,693

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Come on you Spirites!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    They probably should have won imo. Thought the Stags were poor in the second half.
    Did you go mate?

    Decent atmosphere, definitely more edge to it than when County visit.


  17. #991
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    11,175

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Oh aye, I was there.

    Quite a bit of needle on the way into the ground, but I dressed like Mad Max having decided to take the Africa Twin so I could make a swift exit.

    Agreed, Chesterfield definitely had the upper hand in the second half and were unlucky not to gain all 3 points. Jack has definitely got them playing well now.

    Saw a couple of dozen having a little set too up by the.district council offices but I was away with a little wankers wave.

    Let the silly buggers get on with it.

    Overall, good afternoon out. Mansfield will go up this season and Chesterfield will finish just outside the play offs as they have an easy December to get up a head of steam before playing all the top teams in January.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


  18. #992
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Spice Town
    Posts
    17,693

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Oh aye, I was there.

    Quite a bit of needle on the way into the ground, but I dressed like Mad Max having decided to take the Africa Twin so I could make a swift exit.

    Agreed, Chesterfield definitely had the upper hand in the second half and were unlucky not to gain all 3 points. Jack has definitely got them playing well now.

    Saw a couple of dozen having a little set too up by the.district council offices but I was away with a little wankers wave.

    Let the silly buggers get on with it.

    Overall, good afternoon out. Mansfield will go up this season and Chesterfield will finish just outside the play offs as they have an easy December to get up a head of steam before playing all the top teams in January.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I thought if Mansfield had got another after their first goal Chesterfield would have collapsed. But obviously they didn't and you came into the game more then.

    Yeah, lots of urchins about today. The pubs in town before were rammed with idiots, but I think those around our age bracket are past actively seeking out the away fans, and the young uns haven't quite got the bottle to do it by themselves yet.
    About 60 Chesterfield were in the Bold Forester pub before the game. Clever move whoever's idea it was. Near enough to the ground cutting through side streets but just enough distance away from the town centre to attract any attention.

    I didn't hang around either, after Derby away I gave my head a shake.


  19. #993
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Spice Town
    Posts
    17,693

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Forgot to mention, Lower Bridgfords Super Steward was at Field Mill today, upsetting everyone.
    The two end blocks of seats near the Chesterfield fans were overcrowded, fans were stood in aisles and everywhere. So he starts trying to move people, one naive young lad was sent on his way but the older ones were having none of it. They paid for the block they were in and weren't going anywhere.


  20. #994
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Spice Town
    Posts
    17,693

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Oh aye, I was there.

    Quite a bit of needle on the way into the ground, but I dressed like Mad Max having decided to take the Africa Twin so I could make a swift exit.

    Agreed, Chesterfield definitely had the upper hand in the second half and were unlucky not to gain all 3 points. Jack has definitely got them playing well now.

    Saw a couple of dozen having a little set too up by the.district council offices but I was away with a little wankers wave.

    Let the silly buggers get on with it.

    Overall, good afternoon out. Mansfield will go up this season and Chesterfield will finish just outside the play offs as they have an easy December to get up a head of steam before playing all the top teams in January.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Forgot to ask you mate, maybe you can shed some light on this.
    Why do Chesterfield sing Scabs to Mansfield considering some Derbyshire pits worked during the strike?
    Is it because they are a bit thick and think they are a suburb of Sheffield, South Yorkshire?


  21. #995
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    11,175

    Default Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    I think you’ll find it’s because the Union of Democratic Mineworkers is based in Mansfield.

    It was mainly the UDMlads who carried on working while the NUM went on strike.

    Therefore when Mansfield play teams from North Derbyshire/Yorkshire, Mansfield get called “scabs”.

    However, it could be because they are inbred wankers


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


  22. #996
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Spice Town
    Posts
    17,693

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    I think you’ll find it’s because the Union of Democratic Mineworkers is based in Mansfield.

    It was mainly the UDMlads who carried on working while the NUM went on strike.

    Therefore when Mansfield play teams from North Derbyshire/Yorkshire, Mansfield get called “scabs”.

    However, it could be because they are inbred wankers


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I know about the UDM, just saying It doesn't make sense a Derbyshire club singing scabs when north Derbyshire had scabs. Bolsover and Shirebrook pits had hundreds of men working during the strike.


  23. #997
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    11,175

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Must be that they’re inbred wankers then.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


  24. #998
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Spice Town
    Posts
    17,693

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Must be that they’re inbred wankers then.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Well, that clears that up then.


  25. #999
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    13,848

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread




  26. #1000
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    39,830

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Must be that they’re inbred wankers then.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Which side?

    I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •