Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

Wandering around the CG

Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Francescoli (on loan) View Post
    Lincoln were promoted last season (highest attendances in div 4 this season), Grimsby the season before(6th highest attendance in League 2 the following season) , Bristol Rovers (4th highest attendances in div 4 the following season), Luton the season before that (2nd highest attendances in div 4 the following season). I don't really think any League Two club can complain about loss of revenue because of the small fanbase of the newly promoted sides? Half of those coming up are better supported than most of League Two.

Promotion from the National League is contested by only professional clubs, often ex-league clubs with good followings. The other half of the group are the smaller sides - FGR, Eastleigh, Fleetwood, Crawley sort of size - that are there because somebody is bankrolling them. If a football club has somebody putting in enough money they can buy success at any level in spite of their small fanbase - Wigan, Blackburn etc - and if you can wave enough notes nobody in football is ever going to turn you away.
    You've kind of proved my point. It's been healthy the last five years because original league clubs have returned, like you say, Lincoln, Bristol, Grimsby and Luton.
    Try taking them four out and replacing them with the likes of FGR, Braintree, Ebbsfleet and Boreham Wood. Watch attendances drop. You've got to think, when Pompey were taking 2,000 fans to Field Mill every year it was a decent bonus.

There was a period were some clubs were coming up with little to offer. With that exist to avoid relegation mentality.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Seems in most cases, whether they are well supported or propped up by a wealthy owner, most teams promoted from the National League are promoted again with 2-3 three years, or at least come very close. FGR are suprise, they are also more of exception. The National League is halfway to being just a fifth divsion of pro teams already.

I'd say if anything, it should be three up three down. Seems those that go up more often than not are strong in div 4. And teams that go down struggle to get back out. Grimsby and Lincoln were stuck in there for years. Lincoln never even threatened to get out before last season. Tranmere and Leyton Orient are two more old Football League clubs who aren't getting out any time soon.

Wandering around the CG

Boring international break. Mansfield are taking around 1,500 to Coventry away today, if I had the spare cash I'd have joined them.

Wandering around the CG

Well, a good result for Mansfield. Won 1-0 and took 1,600, well done. I really hope they make the playoffs.