Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 987

Thread: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

      
  1. #51
    Wandering around the CG
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where men are men and so are the women
    Posts
    12,768

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Where do they expect to be?
    I think they accept they are traditionally a League One/League Two yo yo club, its the Football, or lack of it that is the problem.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Last manager to have Mansfield Town Football Club playing sexy football was?


  4. #53
    Wandering around the CG
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where men are men and so are the women
    Posts
    12,768

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Last manager to have Mansfield Town Football Club playing sexy football was?
    'Sexy Football' may be pushing it but Bill Dearden brought some good youngsters through, George Foster did a decent job, but in my memory Ian Greaves put the best side together at Field Mill.


  5. #54

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Ian Greaves won the Freight Rover didn't he - George Foster, Ian Stringfellow, Keith Cassells?


  6. #55
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    59,149

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Ian Greaves won the Freight Rover didn't he - George Foster, Ian Stringfellow, Keith Cassells?
    I think you're right.

    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

  7. #56

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    On the subject of teams disappearing, Northwich Victoria are having an impressive owner-related fall from non-league grace. After moving here last year I've become a member of the 1874 Northwich FC supporters trust, set up as a breakaway club by fans who had had enough. Last season was their/our inaugural season in which they missed out on promotion on GD, then were promoted in the summer on a technicality. Very good start to the season this year and are sitting 3rd in the table, and are now only 1 league below the Vics . I think over the next decade or so they will climb quite quickly, they are averaging gates of about 500 in a league with teams who usually average about 80, which is fantastic for a new team in a small town that already has the Vics (although they now play in Manchester) and Witton Albion. Their main goal at the moment is to get a home in Northwich as they currently groundshare down the road with Winsford, who are n the same league. A hotbed of non-league football here!


  8. #57
    Wandering around the CG
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where men are men and so are the women
    Posts
    12,768

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Ian Greaves won the Freight Rover didn't he - George Foster, Ian Stringfellow, Keith Cassells?
    Yeah he did. That was a good team for that level; ****hcock, Calderwood, Lowery, Caldwell, Kent and McKernon... worth a mention as well.


  9. #58

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Ah yeah, ****hcock and Calderwood. Simon Coleman too. That was the team on my one visit to Field Mill.

    Still, bit unfair to expect that of Cox if those were the glory days.


  10. #59
    Wandering around the CG
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where men are men and so are the women
    Posts
    12,768

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    He's had the financial backing though, apparently. Dont quote me on that though, I only follow snippets of news and views on MTFC.


  11. #60

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Bristol City v Mansfield 1987 wembley penalty shoot out: http://youtu.be/7mizw46EZf0


  12. #61
    Wandering around the CG
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where men are men and so are the women
    Posts
    12,768

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Bristol City v Mansfield 1987 wembley penalty shoot out: http://youtu.be/7mizw46EZf0
    I was at that. A lot of Forest fans from the Mansfield area went


  13. #62

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    58,000 there. Not bad.


  14. #63

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Welling United's first ever live televised game tonight - 7.30pm away at Kidderminster on BT Sport. Come on you Wings!

    Hereford fans turning up to protest about their plight. Some Welling fans not so happy about Hereford taking over their big day.


  15. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,726

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Welling United's first ever live televised game tonight - 7.30pm away at Kidderminster on BT Sport. Come on you Wings!

    Hereford fans turning up to protest about their plight. Some Welling fans not so happy about Hereford taking over their big day.
    And I missed it!


  16. #65

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Tonight.


  17. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    337

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Need Forest Green Rovers to start picking up some points they are badly letting me down won last night 6 points off the top my e/w double ain't looking good


  18. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,726

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Tonight.
    Sorry, pathetic joke.


  19. #68
    Dancing in the Trent End
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mapperley
    Posts
    5,030

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Ah yeah, ****hcock and Calderwood. Simon Coleman too. That was the team on my one visit to Field Mill.

    Still, bit unfair to expect that of Cox if those were the glory days.
    He was my PE teacher at school, bizarrely. Playing football with him was like watching frigging Kes.


  20. #69
    Wandering around the CG
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where men are men and so are the women
    Posts
    12,768

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread




  21. #70

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Sorry, pathetic joke.
    Completely whooshed me.


  22. #71

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    GOAL! Beautyman!


  23. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The wrong end of the county
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Like A Boss View Post
    On the subject of teams disappearing, Northwich Victoria are having an impressive owner-related fall from non-league grace. After moving here last year I've become a member of the 1874 Northwich FC supporters trust, set up as a breakaway club by fans who had had enough. Last season was their/our inaugural season in which they missed out on promotion on GD, then were promoted in the summer on a technicality. Very good start to the season this year and are sitting 3rd in the table, and are now only 1 league below the Vics . I think over the next decade or so they will climb quite quickly, they are averaging gates of about 500 in a league with teams who usually average about 80, which is fantastic for a new team in a small town that already has the Vics (although they now play in Manchester) and Witton Albion. Their main goal at the moment is to get a home in Northwich as they currently groundshare down the road with Winsford, who are n the same league. A hotbed of non-league football here!
    What happened to the Drill Field ?

    Went there a couple of times for friendlies.


  24. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The wrong end of the county
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Ah yeah, ****hcock and Calderwood. Simon Coleman too. That was the team on my one visit to Field Mill.

    Still, bit unfair to expect that of Cox if those were the glory days.
    Paul Cox gives a good post match interview.


  25. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Sean O,Driscoll joint favourite for the Burton job with Calderwood,and Billy Davies 8/1 for the Motherwell job.


  26. #75
    Devils favourite advocate
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36,708

    Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Sean O,Driscoll joint favourite for the Burton job with Calderwood,and Billy Davies 8/1 for the Motherwell job.
    Not if Winston has anything to say about it

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29956397


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •