Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Paterson

Default Jamie Paterson

Are we going to see much of him this season ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan ad infinitum

Default Re: Jamie Paterson

Yes we are is my guess but it's a long season so there could be a lot of chopping and changing.

I hope so, I was surprised he didn't come off the bench on Saturday, as I was that Lars didn't. I would assume he'll start against Tranmere and get a chance to impress Pearce further.

I think he faded last season as did most. I think things might have gone to his head a bit as well. It will do him good to know he is going to have to really fight for his place. I think he's good enough to challenge as long as he shows SP he is prepared to work hard.

I don't think so. Psycho was going mental at him against West Brom. I personally don't think his role suits our system unless we are playing him as a striker. Wingers roles seem to be to take people on every time they get the ball and shoot or get a cross in. Paterson doesn't do that much of the latter and isn't the hardest working defensively either. I was watching and both Antonio & Burke play as wing backs when we don't have the ball, they both helped out the full-backs all game really well.

There are however many systems to play over a season, but I don't think he will be as useful as he was last year. And bare in mind, before January he was bang average. He had a shit hot start to 2014 but I still think he needs to bulk up. He is very lightweight.

Last edited by Rzarecteh; 10-08-14 at 23:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I don't think so. Psycho was going mental at him against West Brom. I personally don't think his role suits our system unless we are playing him as a striker. Wingers roles seem to be to take people on every time they get the ball and shoot or get a cross in. Paterson doesn't do that much of the latter and isn't the hardest working defensively either. I was watching and both Antonio & Burke play as wing backs when we don't have the ball, they both helped out the full-backs all game really well.

He had a shit hot start to 2014 but I still think he needs to bulk up. He is very lightweight.
    Good points. He might be a good replacement for Fryatt. He seemed to play deeper & through the centre. Lot of people like Pato as a winger I don't think he is a winger. He's a striker or someone who plays a more free role.

Impressive member

Anyone in the squad must fancy their chance to get a game at some point, what with our biscuit record.

Swedish Meatball

It's a long season and I still expect Pato to end up starting more than 30 games of the 46 if he stays fit.

Not sure I'd read too much into McLaughlin being brought on before him. That's not going to be the pecking order.

More likely that with the game won at 2-0, Pearce thought he'd have a look at the Irish lad to decide whether he's worth keeping around.

The Foam Hand

He's gone downhill a bit. I was out on the piss with him and Wilson last week. We went for a smoke at this guys house in the Meadows, someone Kelvin knew from school, Jamie broke down when he was stoned. Said Pearce had him down as a big girls blouse.
    We reassured him but then Kelvin threw up over this leather settee and we got thrown out.
    He's gonna come good though, I know it.

Impressive member

I suppose we'll know more after the Tranmere game. Be nice for Pato, Lars and Assombalonga to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    I suppose we'll know more after the Tranmere game. Be nice for Pato, Lars and Assombalonga to start.
    Assombalonga got a hatrick last time out against them I think.

Even if he doesn't start many games, he should definitely be used as a game changer because he can be incredible on the ball with his trickery and win a game all by himself. Let's not forget how many goals he scored last season either, he's clinical.

As others have said, I'm just not so certain he fits into the system that Pearce wants.

I think he'll fit into a 4-3-3, but not the 2 up top we had yesterday.

Assombalonga played on the right towards the end yesterday, and let's face it, I doubt that will be a regular occurrence, hence Pato.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

I think Pearce is trying to keep his feet on the ground.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Massive Member

I really don't think we should look into it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    I really don't think we should look into it too much.
    Hoping that's the case too ...

Think people have read far too much into this, once everyone fully fit (Burke was training at hone before he signed Cohen etc) then the sub's we make will be tactical not enforced. Plus the game was won by half time giving Mcloughlan tine was the right idea

McLaughlin has done very little yet from what I have seen of him. I know he has limited opportunities, but has not convinced me he will make it with us yet.

Senior Doom Monger

It is a 46 game season plus however many cup games.
    That means that with injuries and suspensions a decent squad is necessary.
    Patto will play but with more competition for the attacking positions he is less likely to used as frequently as he was last season, when we had more limited resources.

I was disappointed not to see him on Saturday as I think he would have boosted the game. However Pearce is the manager and has to be more level headed. The game didn't need any risks and McLaughlin was brought on to hold the shape of the team and see the game out rather than take any risks. Maybe as someone said it gave SP the chance to look at McLaughlin too (probably highlighted the fact he isn't good enough).

I prefer pato further forward and through the middle. I think he could be one for away games or games when SP wants to go with 1 striker. Hopefully Pato will knuckle down and try to prove himself. This is good for the squad having players needing to prove themselves. I'm sure jamie has the right attitude.

As has been said, he doesn't entirely fit what Pearce is doing.

Pearce has recognized the one thing that about the last 5 Forest managers have failed to, we need to stretch the pitch and beat players out wide. The reason we have played stodgy football and stifled all of our strikers has been a lack of width resulting in the central areas becoming cramped with no room to operate.

Pearce (rightly) wants his wide players to get wide the instant we win the ball, get chalk on their boots and their first instinct to be getting the ball past their full back, and when we lose the ball, drop back and double up with the full back. Paterson doesn't play like that, he likes tucking in and hunting for the ball - he will have to adapt if he wants to play in this side.

Forest have played one game.

There'll be plenty more.

Pearce loves using good young players in his squads.
    Paterson = good young player. Which means I'm sure he will play a decent part in our season.

surely he will play a good part this season

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Brolin View Post
    It's a long season and I still expect Pato to end up starting more than 30 games of the 46 if he stays fit.

Not sure I'd read too much into McLaughlin being brought on before him. That's not going to be the pecking order.

More likely that with the game won at 2-0, Pearce thought he'd have a look at the Irish lad to decide whether he's worth keeping around.
    This^

I'm always happy to see a quality player or two kept in reserve for the latter part of the season like Pato was last year. Often adds a much needed lift and bit of freshness.