Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Paterson

Default Re: Jamie Paterson

don't think Pearce has been impressed with his attitude so far, said he ought to look at Cohen as a model professional. Maybe Pato had started to believe his own hype. That said, I'd hate to think he won't play a part, he was brilliant much of last season, a breath of fresh air and still has a lot to give so I hope he gets his head down and impresses Pearce

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Imagine when Cohen moves back to left back, and Forest play five in midfield, then Paterson might be in line to start. That will mean we're a bit stronger defensively as Cohen is a beast compared to Harding, so any lack of defensive duties by Paterson won't be as obvious. Also, as Cohen's a great overlapper, we'll still have the width considering Paterson likes to cut inside.

I don't think Pearce will isolate him. Paterson will come good.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    Imagine when Cohen moves back to left back, and Forest play five in midfield, then Paterson might be in line to start. That will mean we're a bit stronger defensively as Cohen is a beast compared to Harding, so any lack of defensive duties by Paterson won't be as obvious. Also, as Cohen's a great overlapper, we'll still have the width considering Paterson likes to cut inside.

I don't think Pearce will isolate him. Paterson will come good.
    Unless their attitude is utterly toxic I can't see Pearce putting personality ahead of the team. In Patto's case it's probably just a case of a young player struggling to adapt. He'll be fine.

If he doesn't play tomorrow night I'll start to wonder. He was one of our brightest players last season and he should be in the team ahead of McLaughlin

Looking Hairy

If he doesn't feature then I wonder about Pearce. Paterson is simply too good to drop for any length of time.

I think he'll struggle to feature for the same reason Majewski would have.

Lightweight luxury player who doesn't add enough when not on the ball...

Antonios strength and work rate likely to be preferred IMO.

He's not really a luxury player when he bags you 15 goals a season. He's a game winning contributer

Looking Hairy

Quote Originally Posted by Pugwash View Post
    I think he'll struggle to feature for the same reason Majewski would have.

Lightweight luxury player who doesn't add enough when not on the ball...

Antonios strength and work rate likely to be preferred IMO.
    Majewski is a luxury player because he scored in 3 games a season.

Paterson got what...11/12 in half a season?

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

We've played one game. I really doubt we should be thinking to much about it.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgford_71 View Post
    He's gone downhill a bit. I was out on the piss with him and Wilson last week. We went for a smoke at this guys house in the Meadows, someone Kelvin knew from school, Jamie broke down when he was stoned. Said Pearce had him down as a big girls blouse.
    We reassured him but then Kelvin threw up over this leather settee and we got thrown out.
    He's gonna come good though, I know it.
    Yeh and tell that fuking kelvin he owes me £50 for a new sofa + £50 for the snort

Paterson would have rinsed their right back over and over with the same amount of time, space and ball Antonio was getting.

Massive Member

Not even at the second game and people decide to put Pearce/Pato on the couch.

He's gone downhill a bit. I was out on the piss with him and Wilson last week. We went for a smoke at this guys house in the Meadows, someone Kelvin knew from school, Jamie broke down when he was stoned. Said Pearce had him down as a big girls blouse.
    We reassured him but then Kelvin threw up over this leather settee and we got thrown out.
    He's gonna come good though, I know it.
    RIP NFFC Fucjing G Wot Karate

Twitter @blockomw

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Not even at the second game and people decide to put Pearce/Pato on the couch.
    Forest fans obsession with looking for problems never ceases to amaze me.

If Pearce thinks Paterson is good enough then he will get a chance and if there was a problem he would have shipped him out like he has done with so many others. A player like Paterson would be fairly in demand and generated a decent fee, so it wouldn't have been hard.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Yeah and champagne gets you pissed like cider

Quote Originally Posted by youreds1986 View Post
    As has been said, he doesn't entirely fit what Pearce is doing.

Pearce has recognized the one thing that about the last 5 Forest managers have failed to, we need to stretch the pitch and beat players out wide. The reason we have played stodgy football and stifled all of our strikers has been a lack of width resulting in the central areas becoming cramped with no room to operate.

Pearce (rightly) wants his wide players to get wide the instant we win the ball, get chalk on their boots and their first instinct to be getting the ball past their full back, and when we lose the ball, drop back and double up with the full back. Paterson doesn't play like that, he likes tucking in and hunting for the ball - he will have to adapt if he wants to play in this side.
    has he had the pitch widened? wasn't it taken to narrowest possible in recent years?

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Pugwash View Post
    Yeah and champagne gets you pissed like cider
    Does it? It's not something I have ever thought to compare, Pugwall.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    has he had the pitch widened? wasn't it taken to narrowest possible in recent years?
    I'd say that Pato is much more likely to beat his man than Burke and Antonio.. Not that they aren't great additions but he offers something completely difference and potentially is a much better player in my eyes.. I'm sure he'll get his go..

Besides Pato having decent dribbling abilities, I say his greatest strength is his natural finishing. Curlers into the bottom corner from the edge of the box is a specialty but lets not underestimate something else he seemed to do last season and that was some clever headed finishes too.

I wouldn't worry about Pato, his time will come this season. Pearce has said he counts players like him and McLaughlin as young players still and they are players he can develop.

Reid has also said he expects big things from him and of that there is no doubt.

That confused old fella off of Matchtalk has phoned in concerned that Pato is being sidelined (you know, what with all those games he's been left out for so far this season) so I'd say it's not worth worrying about.

Start for Pato tomorrow please Mr Pearce

I think he will play against tranmere

He's certainly more likely to play against them than anyone else tomorrow.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

He's gone downhill a bit. I was out on the piss with him and Wilson last week. We went for a smoke at this guys house in the Meadows, someone Kelvin knew from school, Jamie broke down when he was stoned. Said Pearce had him down as a big girls blouse. We reassured him but then Kelvin threw up over this leather settee and we got thrown out. He's gonna come good though, I know it.
    Wait... WHAT??

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Banned

This league is a 46 game marathon, players will come in via injuries, suspensions and loss of form, it is then up to them to make the most of their chance. Other times certain players will be suited to different opponents, they will then get their chance. its a first team squad.