Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SKYBET LEAGUE 1 - 2015/16

Default Re: SKYBET LEAGUE 1 - 2014/15

Just imagine though, Yeovil beating Man Utd. I'd love to be at that. Yeovil have a good Cup history, and United did go down 4-0 MK Dons.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Just imagine though, Yeovil beating Man Utd. I'd love to be at that. Yeovil have a good Cup history, and United did go down 4-0 MK Dons.
    They have to get past Accrington first!

Both Scunny's starting and sub keeper break their arms in their match today. Must be a first.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

Massive Member

Can't quite hear the exact words but Bradford City fans have reworded a sex pistols song. Not heard it done before.

Wimbledon were singing what sounded like original chants on Saturday. It can't be that hard. Take a song everybody knows and change a few words.

Getting them going at the game, and persisting when nobody else joins, is harder.

O'Driscoll favorite for the Barnsley job.

winnits

It's all about De Vries
    'Bout De Vries
    No Darlow

Sheffield United just launched a new kit on March 22nd. So if you bought your kid the new home kit in August, tough tits. That's your lot. As Sheffield United's season is likely to finish with the team clinching a play-off spot and possibly playing at Wembley, your nipper can wear their already old kit and watch his/her heroes go for glory whilst wearing something entirely different. Or you can bite the bullet and spend another fifty quid on the new kit too. No bother though. If Sheffield United do go to the play-off final, that will have only been 64 games of football you will have forked out for this season on top of your kids' two lots of home kit.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 22-03-15 at 07:37.

It's all about mid-table...

Rip off.

And since when was that Sheffield United's badge?

And why do they have the fixture on the shirt like yesterday's home fixture against Port Vale was some kind of cup final?

And how many cup finals are there these days anyway? Yesterday according to the managers speaking to the BBC, every single team was in at least eight.

Massive Member

It was a nod to Clough wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    It was a nod to Clough wasn't it?
    What the badge or the cup final embroidery?

Massive Member

I'm not sure I just overheard yesterday someone saying that they changed it for his birthday. Don't really have any more information as it's second hand

Hmmm. It looks like it was some kind of 125th anniversary thing a year too late.

Massive Member

I'm probably just recycling bullshit then

They're complaining because it's our shirt with a collar on it.

http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php....39018/page-11

It's all right Sheffield United fans, we only had that shirt between August and October, and then we binned it. Our away kits only last two months now. I still haven't had time to comment on out white pinstripe kit yet. It's at quite nice that, I like it. Well done Adidas. Might buy that at Christmas when it's four shirts out of date.

Left Winger

The White "Away" number was very nice. Bought one myself, even in the knowledge it would be obsolete by Christmas.

Modern football, eh?

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Devils favourite advocate

Ive got the white one, it will be forever remembered in our household as the last away shirt brought for me, my lad or any other subsquent kids i have from here on in.

That's Sheff U and West Brom persuaded to change from their traditional strip to pinstripes by a shirt manufacturer intent on selling shirts, not on any feeling for the game.

When will clubs start thinking about themselves as clubs and fans as supporters rather than cash cows?

I suppose it's the modern'business' and I'm just an old fogey. Shame.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    That's Sheff U and West Brom persuaded to change from their traditional strip to pinstripes by a shirt manufacturer intent on selling shirts, not on any feeling for the game.

When will clubs start thinking about themselves as clubs and fans as supporters rather than cash cows?
    I think the phrase you're looking for is "when Hell freezes over".

I do like that West Brom kit though. I also like the Notts County kits when they're white with black pinstripes.

Sheffield United's first red and white kit was pinstriped I think. And they'll be back in thick stripes in no time anyway. It's just cynical three new kits a season thing that makes it all a bit pointless and rubbish.

I do like that West Brom kit though. I also like the Notts County kits when they're white with black pinstripes.

Sheffield United's first red and white kit was pinstriped I think. They'll be back in tick stripes in no time anyway. It's just cynical three new kits a season thing that makes it all a bit pointless and rubbish. Teams struggle to finish a season in the same kit they started in these days.

bullittboy

Went to Chessy v Walsall yesterday. Probably the most boring game of footie I have ever seen. Two shots on goal all match, very disappointing. Sam Clucas would be worth a punt if we move on anybody in the summer.

bullittboy

Went to Chesterfield's 6-0 demolition of Colchester last night. When Fawaz sacks DF in six months time and wants a manager who plays attractive on the floor, attacking football, he could do far worse than Paul Cook (he is a scouser, mind)!

I realise that I am repeating myself here but we should have signed Sam Clucas from Mansfield when we had the chance. That lad will go all the way to the top. He was excellent again last night.

Left Winger

Chesterfield Captain Ian Evatt was "punched, kicked and spat on" by Preston fans after Chesterfield's 3-0 (4-0 aggregate) playoff loss:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32683463

Evatt of course was a former Blackpool player (Preston's rivals).

Disgraceful behaviour.