Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack Butland

Default Jack Butland

Noises being made tonight that Forest are looking to bring Butland in.

Surely if this is true it means Darlow is on his way out.

Pearce wanting to free up some cash for a striker?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Impressive member

Default Re: Jack Butland

Not actually seen Butland play, but he's highly rated. So if we get serious money for Darlow and replace him with Butland, plus use the excess funds for a stellar striker, I wouldn't complain.

I know nothing about Butland but would trust Pearce's judgement.

Would be very sad to see another home grown player sold though.

Youuuu Redddddddssss

Birmingham away two seasons ago, Butland kicked it straight out for a throw from goal kicks 4-5 times.. It may have been a manager tactic but it didn't leave me with a good impression of him

Last edited by Thompson.; 03-08-14 at 21:23.

Butland was poor for Leeds last season when we played them away from home, plus he was poor in the game where Coxy scored his Worldy against Birmingham City.

Can't catch a cold. This move would make no sense. There was a Darlow interview the other day where he said he wants to stay and play first team football?

Quote Originally Posted by RichNFFC View Post
    Can't catch a cold. This move would make no sense. There was a Darlow interview the other day where he said he wants to stay and play first team football?
    Yeh but if a 4 million bid came in id let Darlow go in a heart beat.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboreds View Post
    Yeh but if a 4 million bid came in id let Darlow go in a heart beat.
    Really depends on our financial situation.

If we're as minted as is often rumoured then £4m should make no difference to our transfer kitty.

Talk to me, Goose.

Heard Pearce on talksport when the World Cup was on talking about Butland saying he's better than Joe Hart was at the same age and how he should of been in the World Cup squad.

FOREST!

Butland is much better than Darlow. Sign him up.

Darlow is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Really depends on our financial situation.

If we're as minted as is often rumoured then £4m should make no difference to our transfer kitty.
    Its not the point mate. He aint going to get any better. May as well cash in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Butland is much better than Darlow. Sign him up.

Darlow is overrated.
    I dunno.

Butland's reputation seems to have been built on a loan spell at Cheltenham a few years ago. He's very error prone.

Darlow might not be as flashy but he's solid and doesn't drop many clangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Heard Pearce on talksport when the World Cup was on talking about Butland saying he's better than Joe Hart was at the same age and how he should of been in the World Cup squad.
    Possibly but there are plenty of times when a players development stall only for them to wind up being average but nothing special.

The transfer would only make sense if we were selling Darlow. And I really don't want to be selling him at this stage. He's an academy product, he's improving all the time, he's tied down to a long-term deal and could be worth a lot more than £4 million or whatever in a year or 2.

The ship might have sailed but I wouldn't be adverse to selling Darlow and Lascelles for multi-millions (as rumoured) and then say bringing in:

Ochoa (don't know much about Butland except he made the England squad young)
    Forshaw (Adam not Clive, although only checked Youtube and Google yesterday after his thread - another Brentford mid scored a nice goal vs Palace but is 32!)
    Callum McManaman or similar as wing forward
    Similar to Callum Wilson as striker (not him now though since he's already left Coventry)

If Forshaw really was exceptional or we could get another great AM I might even take a big bid for Lansbury but not sure. Osborn might be good backup/alternative to Vaughan now it seems as well as on the left of a diamond? Mancienne alongside Hobbs seems decent potentially (not sure why I'm writing these general thoughts on a Butland thread though!).

Scrap the Ochoa thing - he signed for Malaga 3 days ago!
    I thought someone would snap him up sooner or later - whether we could have rivalled Malaga I'm not sure but now it'd probably take the majority of what we'd get for Darlow to convince them to sell to us. They are in the top flight in Spain too, although the big clubs dominate that league and potentially Forest might still be a better proposition for someone who believes we'll get promoted soon.

Anyway overall scrap it!

Goalies, more than any other players probably, are surely hard to judge on Youtube (so much is about reliability etc, not just saves) but here is a Butland video anyway:

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Kjetil Osvald's Cat View Post
    The ship might have sailed but I wouldn't be adverse to selling Darlow and Lascelles for multi-millions (as rumoured) and then say bringing in:

Ochoa (don't know much about Butland except he made the England squad young)
    Forshaw (Adam not Clive, although only checked Youtube and Google yesterday after his thread - another Brentford mid scored a nice goal vs Palace but is 32!)
    Callum McManaman or similar as wing forward
    Similar to Callum Wilson as striker (not him now though since he's already left Coventry)

If Forshaw really was exceptional or we could get another great AM I might even take a big bid for Lansbury but not sure. Osborn might be good backup/alternative to Vaughan now it seems as well as on the left of a diamond? Mancienne alongside Hobbs seems decent potentially (not sure why I'm writing these general thoughts on a Butland thread though!).
    I think we would be a weakened side if this happened. Much prefer we stick with who we have and just add a further striker.

Massive Member

I think a few England managers would suggest Darlow isn't better than Butland. I can't believe what I'm reading, can you see why rival fans take the piss?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    I think a few England managers would suggest Darlow isn't better than Butland. I can't believe what I'm reading, can you see why rival fans take the piss?
    But while Jack Butland has stagnated. Darlow has come on leaps and bounds.

Massive Member

I'm not even going to bother

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    I'm not even going to bother
    No I wouldn't either if I was you.

Massive Member

The same Jack Butland who is nearly three years younger than Karl Darlow and has acheived so much more already.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baronvon View Post
    The same Jack Butland who is nearly three years younger than Karl Darlow and has acheived so much more already.
    Don't. He's warned us!

I'm a big Darlow fan but butland would be an upgrade. Sell Darlow 4m and don't get him back on loan and then get butland. Well happy with that scenario.