Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Default New Transfer Etiquette

Isn't it brilliant.

No rumours, no false dawns, no ITK twatter accounts.

We just wake up one morning to hear a players having a medical and he joins the same day.

No BS, No Agendas, Just efficient.

Well done Fawaz and SP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

indeed!

Not that type of player

It's been refreshing how proactive and no nonsense the transfers have seemed.

Hopefully the days of drawn out and ultimately fruitless sagas are past.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post
    Isn't it brilliant.

We just wake up one morning to hear a players having a medical and he joins the same day.

Well done Fawaz and SP
    On top of that it's also Adidas.

Only one more thing to sort out.

Impressive member

Yes, it's brilliant. Mr Pearce gets his man. I think we're benefitting from Stuart's attitude, and also the supporting backroom staff. Billy seemed to have it set us as him being the top dog, whereas Pearce appears to be thinking of it long-term. No nonsense.

I preferred it when Jimbo said 'lol' and 'who?' a lot

Last one standing

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    lol

I also get the impression that if we are seen to go about transfers in the right way other clubs will change their opinion of us which will make it easier in the future. I have heard off other fans that we have a pretty poor reputation of making a hash of things and that doesnt help.

Onwards definatly.

Just one of the reasons I'm happy to take our time over employing the right CEO. Last thing we want is someone to come in, do an Arthur, and fuck up our progression.

The signings out of nowhere are always the best.

To be fair though, it did help it was a foreign team desperate for cash.

Who cares Anyway...?

Just playing Devil's advocate here, but should we maybe see how the new signings perform before we start praising the new transfer system/etiquette?

Quote Originally Posted by Rigler View Post
    Just playing Devil's advocate here, but should we maybe see how the new signings perform before we start praising the new transfer system/etiquette?
    The proof of the pudding is always in the eating........ However it smells pretty good at the moment!

Impressive member

Whether the signings turn out to be a success (in a playing sense) is yet to be seen.
    What is in no doubt is the fact that the transfer etiquette has been conducted in an excellent manner.

I don't think so really. Whether the player turns out to be gash or not is irrelevant as the OP is simply highlighting and praising the way in which our business, approach and ultimately the closure of the deal has been conducted. Whther the player is successful or not bears no relevance to how we are now dealing with the actual transfer itself.

Quote Originally Posted by notcher10 View Post
    I don't think so really. Whether the player turns out to be gash or not is irrelevant as the OP is simply highlighting and praising the way in which our business, approach and ultimately the closure of the deal has been conducted. Whther the player is successful or not bears no relevance to how we are now dealing with the actual transfer itself.
    Yes that was my point

the last 2 transfer windows was stressful for a fan

so much BS that you didn't know who to believe and invariably people got pi55ed off because a 'rumour' didn't materialise

This year, no such thing.

Just enjoying the weather

oopsy daisy!

I really hate to be seen as defending the terrible twosome in any way but there was a lot of fuss in certain quarters last season when a number of behind the scenes people were 'let go' (shall we say). It may be coincidence that since these people left the good ship Forest has ceased to leak transfer stories like a sieve, it may not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    And took shots of £50 pound notes to get Forest slags into the board room (allegedly)

Looking Hairy

How the players perform is entirely irrelevant to the etiquette in signing them.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I really hate to be seen as defending the terrible twosome in any way but there was a lot of fuss in certain quarters last season when a number of behind the scenes people were 'let go' (shall we say). It may be coincidence that since these people left the good ship Forest has ceased to leak transfer stories like a sieve, it may not.
    The difference in the amount of leaked info between then and now is quite staggering. Place your bets ladies and gentlemen as to who it was from the old regime who seemingly delighted in gossiping about potential transfers...

Is there much difference?

Every signing we've made has been in the press well before the club have announced it.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    Is there much difference?

Every signing we've made has been in the press well before the club have announced it.
    Can't agree with you there.
    Mancienne was done and dusted same day as it was reported. Although there were fan rumours due to Pearce's relationship with him.
    Riera was in the press and happened within 48 hours. No one had ever heard of him previously.
    Lang was signed within 48 hours of it appearing in the press.

The difference with Davies's time was that these transactions were much more prolonged and often ended in the deal falling through or just not officially happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Can't agree with you there.
    Mancienne was done and dusted same day as it was reported. Although there were fan rumours due to Pearce's relationship with him.
    Riera was in the press and happened within 48 hours. No one had ever heard of him previously.
    Lang was signed within 48 hours of it appearing in the press.

The difference with Davies's time was that these transactions were much more prolonged and often ended in the deal falling through or just not officially happening.
    Lars and Fryatt were known a week or 2 before they signed, but once we showed proper interest (ie made a bid) it was sorted within a few days (Lars nipping home for 48 hours to think it through)

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Lars and Fryatt were known a week or 2 before they signed, but once we showed proper interest (ie made a bid) it was sorted within a few days (Lars nipping home for 48 hours to think it through)
    But there was definite news there, because all these deals happened. It's understandable in this day of social media, 24 sports news, etc that information is reported days before it's concluded.
    What's different are the rumours surrounding Davies' targets like Sakho, Leadbitter, Dorrans, etc, which circulated for months and ended without Forest confirming an actual bid was made. Then there was the transfer of Djabbour which was so protracted it took till January before we actually got him. I'm sure there are more examples of Billy's pursuit of players - although I don't count Charlie Austin because it seemed like we actually tried to land him - where rumours of our interest were leaked to the press in an effort to unsettle the player rather than handle the selling club in a more direct way.
    It can't be too much of a coincidence that many clubs wouldn't play ball with us under Billy's reign. And I'm not saying this because I'm anti-Billy (quite the opposite, I was behind him, I disagreed with sacking him) but Stuart Pearce's transfer activity has been much cleaner so far.

Forest Till I Die!

Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post
    Isn't it brilliant.

Well done Fawaz and SP

There is one, maybe slight agenda, which could have a hidden message or meaning (in arabic?) :

Sign as many footballers as possible, whose names have alliteration.

I might have to start a rumour, as can guess the most likely one from this alliteration quiz to join next:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Dezmond...ive_footballer

Mind you: the quiz is 5 years old, & a fair few out of the 22 have retired, or are "currently" on a bit too much money, to join!