Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Asply
    Posts
    8,320

    Default New Transfer Etiquette

    Isn't it brilliant.

    No rumours, no false dawns, no ITK twatter accounts.

    We just wake up one morning to hear a players having a medical and he joins the same day.

    No BS, No Agendas, Just efficient.

    Well done Fawaz and SP


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    queing up for a cob
    Posts
    4,398

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    indeed!


  4. #3
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    31,716

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    It's been refreshing how proactive and no nonsense the transfers have seemed.

    Hopefully the days of drawn out and ultimately fruitless sagas are past.

    "Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    812

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post
    Isn't it brilliant.

    No rumours, no false dawns, no ITK twatter accounts.

    We just wake up one morning to hear a players having a medical and he joins the same day.

    No BS, No Agendas, Just efficient.

    Well done Fawaz and SP
    On top of that it's also Adidas.

    Only one more thing to sort out.


  6. #5
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    10,305

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Yes, it's brilliant. Mr Pearce gets his man. I think we're benefitting from Stuart's attitude, and also the supporting backroom staff. Billy seemed to have it set us as him being the top dog, whereas Pearce appears to be thinking of it long-term. No nonsense.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    16,602

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    I preferred it when Jimbo said 'lol' and 'who?' a lot


  8. #7
    Last one standing
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    25,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    I preferred it when Jimbo said 'lol' and 'who?' a lot
    lol


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    I also get the impression that if we are seen to go about transfers in the right way other clubs will change their opinion of us which will make it easier in the future. I have heard off other fans that we have a pretty poor reputation of making a hash of things and that doesnt help.

    Onwards definatly.


  10. #9

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Just one of the reasons I'm happy to take our time over employing the right CEO. Last thing we want is someone to come in, do an Arthur, and fuck up our progression.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    14,211

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    The signings out of nowhere are always the best.

    To be fair though, it did help it was a foreign team desperate for cash.


  12. #11
    Who cares Anyway...?
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chilwell (The posh end of Beeston)
    Posts
    4,811

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Just playing Devil's advocate here, but should we maybe see how the new signings perform before we start praising the new transfer system/etiquette?


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    LE
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigler View Post
    Just playing Devil's advocate here, but should we maybe see how the new signings perform before we start praising the new transfer system/etiquette?
    The proof of the pudding is always in the eating........ However it smells pretty good at the moment!


  14. #13
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    10,305

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Whether the signings turn out to be a success (in a playing sense) is yet to be seen.
    What is in no doubt is the fact that the transfer etiquette has been conducted in an excellent manner.


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mansfield
    Posts
    240

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigler View Post
    Just playing Devil's advocate here, but should we maybe see how the new signings perform before we start praising the new transfer system/etiquette?
    I don't think so really. Whether the player turns out to be gash or not is irrelevant as the OP is simply highlighting and praising the way in which our business, approach and ultimately the closure of the deal has been conducted. Whther the player is successful or not bears no relevance to how we are now dealing with the actual transfer itself.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Asply
    Posts
    8,320

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by notcher10 View Post
    I don't think so really. Whether the player turns out to be gash or not is irrelevant as the OP is simply highlighting and praising the way in which our business, approach and ultimately the closure of the deal has been conducted. Whther the player is successful or not bears no relevance to how we are now dealing with the actual transfer itself.
    Yes that was my point


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Asply
    Posts
    8,320

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    the last 2 transfer windows was stressful for a fan

    so much BS that you didn't know who to believe and invariably people got pi55ed off because a 'rumour' didn't materialise

    This year, no such thing.

    Just enjoying the weather


  18. #17
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    15,638

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    I really hate to be seen as defending the terrible twosome in any way but there was a lot of fuss in certain quarters last season when a number of behind the scenes people were 'let go' (shall we say). It may be coincidence that since these people left the good ship Forest has ceased to leak transfer stories like a sieve, it may not.


  19. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In house
    Posts
    1,193

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    I preferred it when Jimbo said 'lol' and 'who?' a lot
    And took shots of £50 pound notes to get Forest slags into the board room (allegedly)


  20. #19
    Looking Hairy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigler View Post
    Just playing Devil's advocate here, but should we maybe see how the new signings perform before we start praising the new transfer system/etiquette?
    How the players perform is entirely irrelevant to the etiquette in signing them.


  21. #20
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    31,716

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I really hate to be seen as defending the terrible twosome in any way but there was a lot of fuss in certain quarters last season when a number of behind the scenes people were 'let go' (shall we say). It may be coincidence that since these people left the good ship Forest has ceased to leak transfer stories like a sieve, it may not.
    The difference in the amount of leaked info between then and now is quite staggering. Place your bets ladies and gentlemen as to who it was from the old regime who seemingly delighted in gossiping about potential transfers...


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,019

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Is there much difference?

    Every signing we've made has been in the press well before the club have announced it.


  23. #22
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    10,305

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    Is there much difference?

    Every signing we've made has been in the press well before the club have announced it.
    Can't agree with you there.
    Mancienne was done and dusted same day as it was reported. Although there were fan rumours due to Pearce's relationship with him.
    Riera was in the press and happened within 48 hours. No one had ever heard of him previously.
    Lang was signed within 48 hours of it appearing in the press.

    The difference with Davies's time was that these transactions were much more prolonged and often ended in the deal falling through or just not officially happening.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7,627

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Can't agree with you there.
    Mancienne was done and dusted same day as it was reported. Although there were fan rumours due to Pearce's relationship with him.
    Riera was in the press and happened within 48 hours. No one had ever heard of him previously.
    Lang was signed within 48 hours of it appearing in the press.

    The difference with Davies's time was that these transactions were much more prolonged and often ended in the deal falling through or just not officially happening.
    Lars and Fryatt were known a week or 2 before they signed, but once we showed proper interest (ie made a bid) it was sorted within a few days (Lars nipping home for 48 hours to think it through)


  25. #24
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    10,305

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Lars and Fryatt were known a week or 2 before they signed, but once we showed proper interest (ie made a bid) it was sorted within a few days (Lars nipping home for 48 hours to think it through)
    But there was definite news there, because all these deals happened. It's understandable in this day of social media, 24 sports news, etc that information is reported days before it's concluded.
    What's different are the rumours surrounding Davies' targets like Sakho, Leadbitter, Dorrans, etc, which circulated for months and ended without Forest confirming an actual bid was made. Then there was the transfer of Djabbour which was so protracted it took till January before we actually got him. I'm sure there are more examples of Billy's pursuit of players - although I don't count Charlie Austin because it seemed like we actually tried to land him - where rumours of our interest were leaked to the press in an effort to unsettle the player rather than handle the selling club in a more direct way.
    It can't be too much of a coincidence that many clubs wouldn't play ball with us under Billy's reign. And I'm not saying this because I'm anti-Billy (quite the opposite, I was behind him, I disagreed with sacking him) but Stuart Pearce's transfer activity has been much cleaner so far.


  26. #25
    Forest Till I Die!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North London (Originally Nottingham)
    Posts
    665

    Default Re: New Transfer Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post
    Isn't it brilliant.

    No rumours, no false dawns, no ITK twatter accounts.

    We just wake up one morning to hear a players having a medical and he joins the same day.

    No BS, No Agendas, Just efficient.

    Well done Fawaz and SP

    There is one, maybe slight agenda, which could have a hidden message or meaning (in arabic?) :

    Sign as many footballers as possible, whose names have alliteration.


    I might have to start a rumour, as can guess the most likely one from this alliteration quiz to join next:

    http://www.sporcle.com/games/Dezmond...ive_footballer

    Mind you: the quiz is 5 years old, & a fair few out of the 22 have retired, or are "currently" on a bit too much money, to join!


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •