Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 944
  1. #551
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,028

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    I reckon he's a confidence player. The fact Warburton gave him a new contract would suggest he rates him.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #552
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    11,445

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    I reckon he's a confidence player. The fact Warburton gave him a new contract would suggest he rates him.
    Warburton described Mancienne as a "Rolls Royce" when he was at Brentford.

    Although in the same sentence he was explaining that him playing in midfield was a weakness they exploited

    And what a surprise by the way, Mancienne has a specific position instead of being moved around all the time and he's putting in good performances.


  4. #553
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    DOGHOUSE
    Posts
    10,159

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    Only watched a rerun of the Birmingham game, but having been a prolific critic of Mancienne, Id say he's in the form of his Forest career at present.

    Never been so confident having him in the line up, seems to have a much more positive approach to things under MW.

    There you go, thats fucking jinxed it.


  5. #554
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In exile.
    Posts
    16,073

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    Definitely in a purple patch at the moment, and a well-timed one too given how threadbare we are in that area right now.


  6. #555

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Only watched a rerun of the Birmingham game, but having been a prolific critic of Mancienne, Id say he's in the form of his Forest career at present.

    Never been so confident having him in the line up, seems to have a much more positive approach to things under MW.

    There you go, thats fucking jinxed it.
    Not directed at you at all MASE, but again, amazing how things improve when they are GIVEN TIME TO.

    "We need more defenders!!" Or maybe we give it more than a handful of games to let a fairly unfamiliar squad settle, and players who haven't played regularly for a while time to find their feet again?

    No wonder this club was debted up to the eyeballs when so many encourage "buy new player" as the instant solution to so many problems.

    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

  7. #556
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    14,268

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Not directed at you at all MASE, but again, amazing how things improve when they are GIVEN TIME TO.

    "We need more defenders!!" Or maybe we give it more than a handful of games to let a fairly unfamiliar squad settle, and players who haven't played regularly for a while time to find their feet again?

    No wonder this club was debted up to the eyeballs when so many encourage "buy new player" as the instant solution to so many problems.
    Does the "give them time" sentiment extend to Darykwa, who to my mind is looking to be either totally inept, or (at best) in a poor run of form?
    And I feel we do need more defenders - we need at least 1 new full back on whom we can rely in that left-back role, for when Traore/Fox/Cohen are absent through injury (as at present, and for the foreseeable future).


  8. #557

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Does the "give them time" sentiment extend to Darykwa, who to my mind is looking to be either totally inept, or (at best) in a poor run of form?
    And I feel we do need more defenders - we need at least 1 new full back on whom we can rely in that left-back role, for when Traore/Fox/Cohen are absent through injury (as at present, and for the foreseeable future).
    Yep. Daryk has looked mostly wank, but it's still very early days for him and, whilst he aint young, he aint old either. As many of us have said, this is a "work in progress" season, one which we've needed for years now, but one which might actually FINALLY get chance to flourish. that's the current process, no reason to not give it a chance with him too at the mo.

    We do need more, better defensive players. But anyone who still can't see there's absolutely no need to rush that this season is beyond help now. We can cope, we've always been able to, and consistancy + stability will reap it's own rewards. Add & integrate at the right time & price, not at the first opportunity out of some BS fear of relegation.

    Last edited by Erik; 21-11-17 at 09:01.

  9. #558
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,831

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    We've needed a centre-back with experience to step up. Long may it continue. Much was hoped of a young Mance but its still not too late to have a good Prem career with us. Hopefully he will provide a base for guys like Worrall & co.


  10. #559
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    9,074

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    I hear his missus is knocked up.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


  11. #560
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    DOGHOUSE
    Posts
    10,159

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    I hear his missus is knocked up.
    Beautifully delivered.


  12. #561
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In exile.
    Posts
    16,073

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    I hear his missus is knocked up.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Apparently he found out because, being so close to Easter, he asked her if she had any current buns...


  13. #562
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    9,074

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    Apparently he found out because, being so close to Easter, he asked her if she had any current buns...
    I hope Tomlin isn't like Reidy in EVERY way.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


  14. #563
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    preston
    Posts
    1,583

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Beautifully delivered.
    She's not had it yet

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


  15. #564
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    29,244

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    A toaster to the bun in the oven.

    "Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

  16. #565
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Executive Lounge
    Posts
    68,414

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    The ball came in the box... and Mance fails to clear it.

    Same old, same old.

    „The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

  17. #566
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,302

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    He meant to put it in the back pass, but he misplaced it... Unfortunately Mancienne hasn't found out about the baby yet, his communication skills are too poor. Much like on a football pitch, he prefers to just put his head down and get on with it.


  18. #567
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,880

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    It's no coincidence that his dropping from the team coincides with our upturn in form.


  19. #568
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,757

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    Mancienne won't turn into a bad defender overnight, he'll be fine. Being saddled with an inexperienced keeper n a partner does him no help


  20. #569
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,972

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    We need to fuck him off, he’s been shite this season but he’ll only get worse with a lack of kip & his mrs whinging like fuck


  21. #570
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    DOGHOUSE
    Posts
    10,159

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Mancienne won't turn into a bad defender overnight, he'll be fine. Being saddled with an inexperienced keeper n a partner does him no help
    Being the supposed senior pro, he's should improve that situation, Mancienne was the worst player of the three by some distance.

    I think he's done here.


  22. #571
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,818

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Being the supposed senior pro, he's should improve that situation, Mancienne was the worst player of the three by some distance.

    I think he's done here.
    Agreed, at this stage of his career and with the captains armband he should be taking control of these situations not making them worse..


  23. #572
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,972

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    Fuck knows who knocked his Mrs up because Mancienne hasn’t got any bollocks


  24. #573
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    14,268

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    We've needed a centre-back with experience to step up. Long may it continue. Much was hoped of a young Mance but its still not too late to have a good Prem career with us. Hopefully he will provide a base for guys like Worrall & co.
    Mancienne and Premier career - not heard that in the same sentence before.
    In terms of the requirements for a Premiership defender:
    1 He doesn't have sufficient pace;
    2 He lacks the necessary physique;
    3 He is as one footed as the duck in One Duck Stuck in the Muck (great book for young kids!).
    4 He contributes nothing going forward.
    5 He is apparently prone to being struck dumb the moment the ref starts the game.
    Other than that he is an ideal candidate to have as your senior back 4 pro in a Premiership side


  25. #574
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    29,244

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    I reckon we’ll see him at full back before the season ends.


  26. #575

    Default Re: Michael Mancienne

    I can't say i've ranked Mancienne as a top player or anything. I think he's a limited defender, but is useful still.

    I think we need to lay off the idea he's useless which has been creeping in a bit recently.

    He's had a crisis of confidence recently, but he's still got a lot of use in the squad.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •