Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Mancienne

Default Re: Michael Mancienne

He can only have improved in Germany, with the quality of the coaching over there, and we need another experienced CB. I'm all for it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mint, pleased about this!

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    Lascelles out for £6m or so
    Mancienne, Laing and Riera in for £1.5m

I know that Jamaal is outstanding, but that's damn good business
    I'm not so sure. Could be fantastic business. But I haven't seen Mancienne play for about 5 years, I've never seen either Laing or Riera play. "Pedigree" is one thing, but I only like to judge on what I see.

What I do know is that Jamaal Lascelles was fantastic alongside Jack Hobbs last season and was getting better by the game. He is highly rated by top clubs, he is on a long-term contract, I really want us to keep hold of him for at least or year or 2 and see where we stand then. Could Southampton have sold Lallana for £25 million 3 years ago? No chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarantine the Pass View Post
    If he gets shot of Collins then frankly the man can do no wrong. Best piece of business we'll do all summer.
    Wont disagree with that. Just hope we have more players fit for Blackpool, we need a good start.

Impressive member

Be good cover for Vaughan too.

As for Mancienne, he was highly regarded at Chelsea and during his loan spell at Wolves but didn't seem to be settled in one position. A little like Phil Jones in recent times - centre half one week, a defensive midfielder the next, and then a spell at full back.

I have no idea how he has got in Germany. Wikipedia suggests 40 games for Hamburg in 3 years which isn't too convincing. But Pearce clearly knows him well, if we could get him for £1.5 million and he could fulfil some of his early potential, it would be a great signing.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    He can only have improved in Germany, with the quality of the coaching over there, and we need another experienced CB. I'm all for it.
    Exactly.

Best served cold

This is excellent news.

Hopefully he can form a good partnership with Lascelles with the Super Biscuit Brothers still being injured.

What's interesting is that in Laing and Mancienne, Pearce has bought in two players with a point to prove, and both can play CB or DM.

I am loving this approach to transfers Pearce has bought to the club. No endless chasing of players we can't get or have to spend a fortune on like under Davies, or expensive panic buys like under SOD because the seasons starting soon.

There appears to be a genuine ethos in place, and a plan for shrewd signings.

Last edited by incapable hulk; 16-07-14 at 10:45.
    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by RedUpNorth View Post
    Wont disagree with that. Just hope we have more players fit for Blackpool, we need a good start.
    well, we'll have more players than Blackpool, thats for sure

Excellent signing goes a long way to solve problems we have at centre back and defensive midfield.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    Riera who looks to be going into the under 21s
    Yeah, I'm not expecting anything from Riera this season, 19 is awfully young for a footballer to move abroad and he'll probably need a full year adjusting to the culture, the difference of the game and potential homesickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Top class signing, but I am worried about Forest fans potential inability to correctly spell his last name.
    Mansell

Great piece of business. Great player

I'm sure the sheep shagging twats will find something up with him

Rice 34

Would slay! Signed him on my Champ man 01-02 game for us recently (with updated database) and thought it would be a good signing .

When I was little I signed Nigel Quashie for Forest on Premier Manager for the Megadrive, later that day we signed him, hope he is better for us than that

Zycomm Two Way Radio

Wikipedia (I know, I know) says he's only played 40 games since he signed for Hamburg in 2011. 40 in 3 years would suggest we might be adding another biscuit to the tin..

Quote Originally Posted by matt1988 View Post
    Wikipedia (I know, I know) says he's only played 40 games since he signed for Hamburg in 2011. 40 in 3 years would suggest we might be adding another biscuit to the tin..
    Or is it just that he isn't first choice?

Looking on Fifa it appears Djourou and Westermann play ahead of him - which isn't a surprise.

We are the Garibaldis after all.

As mentioned, one more body between Collins and the pitch........that's good enough for me.

Banned

As for Mancienne, he was highly regarded at Chelsea and during his loan spell at Wolves but didn't seem to be settled in one position. A little like Phil Jones in recent times - centre half one week, a defensive midfielder the next, and then a spell at full back.

I have no idea how he has got in Germany. Wikipedia suggests 40 games for Hamburg in 3 years which isn't too convincing. But Pearce clearly knows him well, if we could get him for £1.5 million and he could fulfil some of his early potential, it would be a great signing.
    The German league is a top league tbf. Easily on par with the Prem and maybe a little lower than the Spanish league. If he can cut it in the Bundesliga he can sure as shit cut it in the Championship.

He has played about 50 matches in 3 seasons I think, And when the league only has 18 teams isn't too bad a return. I don't think he is a sicknote.

No wonder my post count..

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    This is excellent news.

Hopefully he can form a good partnership with Lascelles with the Super Biscuit Brothers still being injured.
    Super Biscuit Brothers.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His anticipation is fantastic and he's very quick. He'll be a more mature player now at 26 and having played in Germany.

For £1m I think it could be a bargain and these are the types of defenders we need to be relying on, rather than Collins and Halford.

Lascelles, Wilson, Hobbs and Mancienne sounds absolutely class and provides us with quality taking into account injuries and suspensions.

Maybe play as DM?

Talented but overrated and error prone in his early career. He is more experienced now and under good leadershiphe should be a cracking player.

Enzo Molinari

Bit old and a bit crap if he's been in Germany for so long

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    His anticipation is fantastic and he's very quick. He'll be a more mature player now at 26 and having played in Germany.

For £1m I think it could be a bargain and these are the types of defenders we need to be relying on, rather than Collins and Halford.

Lascelles, Wilson, Hobbs and Mancienne sounds absolutely class and provides us with quality should we get injuries.
    Yep £1m seems an absolute steal.

Lichaj Mancienne Wilson Cohen

Or if Pearce is feeling like going continental

Mancienne Wilson Lascelles with Cohen and Lichaj as fullbacks.