Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Clayton

Default Re: Adam Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Just reading in our thread 500k plus Majewski. Justify the transfer to me when we have Lansbury, Reid and Osborn
    Well, I've watched Clayton play maybe two or three times in my life (I doubt you've seen significantly more of him?) so I don't really have a strong opinion on whether or not he'd be a good signing.

I don't agree that adding a quality CM would be a waste of resources though. I don't think we really know what Osborn's best position is yet, and he's a 19 year old kid who we shouldn't be relying on heavily next season anyway. Reid is really more of a left mid. Vaughan has had his share of injury problems over the last year or so...

Given the way we completely disintegrated last season once Lansbury got hurt, I certainly think it's an area that we could do with strengthening.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I agree. What does he add? We have plenty of players who can play as an AMC. If we want a smallish squad then adding to an area where we have quality in abundance doesn't make sense.

From 'udders forum

Strong rumours, from contacts within Forest, that a £1.7M bid by Forest for Clayts will be accepted by Town today.
    Henderson included? Presuming he is still there.
    If we are taking Henderson then we need to add an extra £500k onto the fee.
    Asking price is 3.75 million including add ons. So initial value will be somewhere between 2-2.5 million i reckon. 1.7M may just start deano's twitch, but i reckon IF he goes it will be late in the window and after we have found replacements.

Swedish Meatball

I'm always sceptical whenever player + cash rumour comes along.

Yes they happen occasionally and yes Huddersfield have been linked with Majewski and Hendo in recent months.

But most of the time it's someone trying to make their opinion sound more plausible by connecting things you already believe to be true with their conjecture.

The player + cash deals are rare. It puts the makeweight player in a very strong position to negotiate wages with the other club, knowing they can play hard ball. If the makeweight pulls out then the selling club don't get their money, the buying club don't get their player and the other player, Clayton in this case, is pissed off he doesn't get his move.

Easier to keep it straight money for player, less clauses.

Perhaps it'll happen this time, I don't know, but I'm sceptical.

Impressive member

I'd rather lose Henderson than Majewski as part of the deal.

They can have majewski

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

.........Its a waste of time in my opinion.
    No offence, but I have more trust in SP's judgement than I have in your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brolin View Post

The player + cash deals are rare. It puts the makeweight player in a very strong position to negotiate wages with the other club, knowing they can play hard ball.
    I don't think it does, to me it makes the make weight player more likely to move as they are obviously not wanted by the parent club and wanted by the other. But then again the subject is very subjective both could be right

Don't know much about him but maybe he'd add some energy to midfield ?

Looking Hairy

He is older than McLaughlin he couldnt get in a poor Leeds team and if Huddersfield rate him so highly then they would not be thinking about 500k as a serious offer. Trust me this kid is not up and coming hes 25. We do not need another AMC we have Reid, Lansbury, Osborn, etc.. Its a waste of time in my opinion.
    £500k is unrealistic, considering they rejected £1.5m from Boro. We actually do need more AMCs too. We have Lansbury (arguable, he also plays DM too), Majewski (shit) and both Reid and Osborn who are technically left-sided midfielders. Put it this way, if we class them both as AMCs then we need a LOT more left wingers. Also, Huddersfield fans widely consider him their best player.

He'd be a great signing in a position we're surprisingly short on.

How about Henderson and Majewski, and they don't have to give us Clayton if they don't want to.

Looking Hairy

Henderson, Majewski and £500k for Clayton. Win, win, win.

Quote Originally Posted by Halford's Lid View Post
    Henderson, Majewski and £500k for Clayton. Win, win, win.
    Fuck it, give them Halford too.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Penguin View Post
    How about Henderson and Majewski, and they don't have to give us Clayton if they don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Penguin View Post
    That's class! You may be the greatest businessman alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    No offence, but I have more trust in SP's judgement than I have in your opinion.
    No offence was taken, fair enough but anyone opposing Pearce decisions are then surely clueless and shouldn't speak on these matters? In fairness I was ecstatic over Mancienne and Riera does that mean I have equal judgment as Pearce? It's very easy to win this debate by just saying Pearce is a pro at his job.

I don't blame you you are not wrong to use that but every manager at a Forest has made a gash signing his judgement will be poor on one of these signings in my opinion.

I like Pearce a lot I just don't take all his decisions as sacrament and I judge him like every manager we have had over the years I don't lower standards and expectations for anyone. COYR!!! Come one Pearce I am not lying getting promoted with him would be extra special

I'll judge the lad once he is here and not a minute before. I don't know enough about him. But if phsyco wants him so be it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboreds View Post
    I'll judge the lad once he is here and not a minute before. I don't know enough about him. But if phsyco wants him so be it.
    Nail on the head there. Fair enough giving the lad grief when he has played more than a hand full of matches and is showing very little, but before a ball has been kicked? No scrap that before he has even signed? Ridiculous!

Mind you after reading some of this chaps posts in down the pub and the way he is widely ignored by the masses should give you some indication of his mindset and the contempt many people hold for him.

This guy isn't needed, we've got Majewski.

Not banned, just being a pillock

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    This guy isn't needed, we've got Majewski.
    Still waiting for raddy to peak.

No wonder my post count..

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sutton's lazy eye View Post
    Still waiting for raddy to peak.
    I think that moment passed when he scored that screamer against Derby in 2009.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Raddy had a poor season last time round but after seeing him last Saturday against Ilkeston, he's actually put a bit of weight on so not lightweight anymore and actually made a few sensible tackles - not a single scissor kick tackle!!

Whilst he's not been amazing lately, he's defintely still a decent squad player!

Wasn't he their player of the year last season?

Impressive member

Yes.

I'd rather have Raddy. He's a good player. I often don't agree when fans start deriding a player but with Raddy I really don't understand it. We are fortunate to have a few better options in Lansbury, Pato and Reid but that is more to do with those 3 being outstanding at this level than Raddy being bad. He has a good attitude and a lot of ability.

Raddy always impresses me every time he plays, it baffles me that anyone sees a different player. It seems as soon as anyone is out of the team for a while they become a scapegoat. If one of those 3 get injured, he is an excellent replacement.