Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 323 of 326 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,075 of 8137

Thread: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

      
  1. #8051
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,800

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Are Leeds skint or sommat, surely they can comfortably swallow loses of revenue for 4 home games especially as most tickets are pre paid vis STs


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #8052
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    17,751

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Summat's amiss Edz.


  4. #8053
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    24,777

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Are Leeds skint or sommat, surely they can comfortably swallow loses of revenue for 4 home games especially as most tickets are pre paid vis STs
    They gouge away fans £40 a ticket though.

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  5. #8054
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,800

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    They gouge away fans £40 a ticket though.
    true but you'd think Leeds could swallow the losses without reducing players wages, if Leeds can't then sure as shit the likes of Forest, Derby& Sheff W won't be able to either.


  6. #8055
    Polly Harvey Bangerz
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    1,518

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    You have to think now this season will be voided


  7. #8056
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    11,589

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    true but you'd think Leeds could swallow the losses without reducing players wages, if Leeds can't then sure as shit the likes of Forest, Derby& Sheff W won't be able to either.
    But Leeds would have made more losses.


  8. #8057
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    6,719

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Not that football matters matter right now, but, if football ever resumes Brentford are supposedly interested in buying a former player of ours, Qazim Laci, of Albanian origin, a product of our academy) for 5m. He's a versatile, hard-working midfielder, who plays for Ajaccio in Ligue 2. We let him go on a free a couple of years ago, but we have a 50% sell on clause.


  9. #8058
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    If the season is completed behind closed doors what do you think are the chances of the games being televised on IFollow or Sky?


  10. #8059
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Twitter: @Mark_Searby
    Posts
    13,453

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Quote Originally Posted by SDRED View Post
    If the season is completed behind closed doors what do you think are the chances of the games being televised on IFollow or Sky?
    They will be televised. The clubs need to make the money back from the lost gate receipts. As much as this may annoy some people, I can totally understand their reasoning.
    Price it right and they will get a lot more money than they would on an average match day.


  11. #8060

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Quote Originally Posted by FBS View Post
    They will be televised. The clubs need to make the money back from the lost gate receipts. As much as this may annoy some people, I can totally understand their reasoning.
    Price it right and they will get a lot more money than they would on an average match day.
    That will be great for the future of match going fans. If they play behind closed doors it proves once and for all that proper supporters no longer matter.


  12. #8061
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Twitter: @Mark_Searby
    Posts
    13,453

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    That will be great for the future of match going fans. If they play behind closed doors it proves once and for all that proper supporters no longer matter.
    It will only be in the immediate future while large events etc are still banned.


  13. #8062
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,196

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Quote Originally Posted by FBS View Post
    It will only be in the immediate future while large events etc are still banned.
    Or the catalyst for change.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


  14. #8063

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Or the catalyst for change.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    They aren't arsed about having our scumbags in the ground if it wasn't for our money, as soon as football finds an alternative revenue stream we're done.

    Last edited by Wes' Organ; 19-04-20 at 18:13.

  15. #8064

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    That will be great for the future of match going fans. If they play behind closed doors it proves once and for all that proper supporters no longer matter.
    Or it proves that they do, to somebody, by stopping them gathering in numbers


  16. #8065

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Or it proves that they do, to somebody, by stopping them gathering in numbers
    ...or they could suspend football until the real stakeholders are able to attend.


  17. #8066
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Twitter: @Mark_Searby
    Posts
    13,453

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    ...or they could suspend football until the real stakeholders are able to attend.
    The sad reality is that PL and EFL are both determined to finish this season by August.


  18. #8067

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    ...or they could suspend football until the real stakeholders are able to attend.
    It's not worth getting wound up about it. They haven't got a clue what they're going to do, because nobody knows when football will resume, and what else will be permitted at the time it does.


  19. #8068
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,469

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Honestly, we just have to adapt.

    It is a quarter of a season left. There is the balance of not effecting future seasons too.

    If it meant football was behind closes doors to finish the season then so be it. Don't think it is the biggest issue because it isn't a long-term thing and never will be.

    I think football also is vital to the people in any shape or form. You can add mental health benefits so if it meant they can watch their team on tv or the internet in these difficult times to finish the season then I'm all for it.


  20. #8069

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    I disagree.
    This season means nothing now, football has become a total irrelevance and the only motivation is self interest from clubs and players.
    Scrap this season with a view to starting next season around September is the way to go for me.


  21. #8070
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    17,350

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Whatever the Premiership decides to do will have a knock-on effect on all other leagues within the EFL.

    What about the Euros? Postponed until 2021 as well as the Olympics? Will the World Cup then be 2022 or deferred to 2023?

    Everything will change.

    'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

    I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

  22. #8071
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    12,692

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    I don’t want to watch a behind closed doors game. It’s not right.


  23. #8072

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    If it happens, I won't go.


  24. #8073

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    If it happens, I won't go.
    If it doesn't you probably won't either.


  25. #8074

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    To football? I would.

    But if relaxing of restrictions allows for football, but not crowds for a time I won't stomp my feet and say nobody gets to start anything until I can be involved.

    As the world starts emerging from this grim time, and things tentatively start up again, footballers should carrying on reading bed time stories on Zoom until we can get 30k in the City Ground again? I don't think so.


  26. #8075
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    12,692

    Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    To football? I would.

    But if relaxing of restrictions allows for football, but not crowds for a time I won't stomp my feet and say nobody gets to start anything until I can be involved.

    As the world starts emerging from this grim time, and things tentatively start up again, footballers should carrying on reading bed time stories on Zoom until we can get 30k in the City Ground again? I don't think so.
    It’s not about me going. I don’t really go anymore anyway due to circumstance. But for me (don’t want to sound corny) football is about fans. It isn’t right playing behind closed doors. It affects the tempo of the game and the result. It isn’t that important in current times so let things pass until it is safe to play it properly. Write off the whole of next season if necessary and play the quarter season left including some sort of FA cup from January one game per weekend with fans there, how it should be.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •