Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Christian Bolanos

Costa Rican chap in talks according a chap on twitter.

Fawaz apparently talks about this in a youtube interview that is aloso posed somewhere on twitter

Cant be arsed to post the link because im a lazy barsteward.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Christian Bolanos

There seems to be something in this. Alan Nixon says that he's a free agent, so that'd be a decent bit of business. A 30-year old winger who impressed at the World Cup, could be interesting. There'd be a fair bit of competition for his signature though, I would have thought.

The video that Fawaz (apparently) confirms the talks is here, after 13 mins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCix...ature=youtu.be

We'll need somebody who speaks Arabic to back that up though.

Apparently this is the video where he mentions it. I stumbled upon him saying 'Costa Rica' at 11.47 but who knows what they're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    Apparently this is the video where he mentions it. I stumbled upon him saying 'Costa Rica' at 11.47 but who knows what they're talking about

I'll get my arabic speaking friend on it!

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Fawaz mentions us an awful lot, as do a couple of the other guests in that piece..

Also - and this is guesswork on my part - is he confirming something about stadium-naming rights, as he definitely makes reference to the "City Ground Stadium" in the same part of the conversation that he mentions Arsenal and the Emirates and Man City and the Etihad? **

Fawaz also seems to be taking delight in the footage of him being heralded by the fans**

**apologies for digressing from the theme.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 09-07-14 at 15:00.

Impressive member

Sounds promising. Hope this happens.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Bolanos?

Baloney!

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

No wonder my post count..

More chance of signing Bonalair.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terrorist Scum

He's here, he's there,
    He's every-fucking-where!
    BONALAIR!!!
    BONALAIR!!!

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Bolanos had a stint in Norwegian top flight, and was really outstanding. His defensive workrate is quite low, so I guess that's why Solbakken kicked him to the kerb at Copenhagen.
    I think he'd offer a bit in terms of flair and trickery, but would be a bit similar to Abdoun. And he's one of those string-in-the-hair morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Fawaz mentions us an awful lot, as do a couple of the other guests in that piece..

Also - and this is guesswork on my part - is he confirming something about stadium-naming rights, as he definitely makes reference to the "City Ground Stadium" in the same part of the conversation that he mentions Arsenal and the Emirates and Man City and the Etihad? **

Fawaz also seems to be taking delight in the footage of him being heralded by the fans**

**apologies for digressing from the theme.
    He also mentioned shirt sponsorships from Kuwait as well. I feel with FFP naming writes of a stadium is turning vital. The rule is an absolute joke, time and time again new flaws are discovered with FFP. It just makes clubs sell out.

Will the City Ground become the City Fridge or the City AC Unit?

He mentioned a Colombian player he is interested in as well. But the big thing is he is in talks with the Kuwaiti Government. The shirt sponsor could be 'KUWAIT' (similar to this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XAcKZGSAam...tionalTeam.jpg). This is more of a long term vision than short term though. The sad thing about naming writes is that is it vital to keep up with FFP, which just shows another flaw of the rule.

If this pulls through with the Kuwaiti government, do people realize how much of a power house we could become? People talk about revisiting the champions league days but it could be a reality if something like this happens. Only Man City & PSG are owned by governments. Having a millionaire owner is one thing - having a country is another.

Last edited by Rzarecteh; 09-07-14 at 16:18.

Not sure I believe this. He wasn't mentioned in our 'One realistic signing from the World Cup' thread. I'm sure our collective genius would have spotted this fella, if he was a viable target.

Rice 34

There is probably a healthy dose of telling Kuwaiti people what they want to hear too though, not sure I'd take too much of what he says at face value, good or bad!

Zycomm Two Way Radio

I do think the lad in the video at about 4:48 which I guess is Fawaz' son does look like James Perch

Twitter @blockomw

Signing someone who's played in a nil nil draw with England in a World Cup group match? What could possibly go wrong?

Rumours on Twitter about ground being named Kuwait City ground. Couldn't give a shit. Brings in more money then great. Some Twitter morons being moronic about it. Suprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvar Hanso View Post
    Signing someone who's played in a nil nil draw with England in a World Cup group match? What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    Rumours on Twitter about ground being named Kuwait City ground. Couldn't give a shit. Brings in more money then great. Some Twitter morons being moronic about it. Suprise.
    Just pretend you're coughing before you say City Ground and jobs a goodun.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    Fawaz does actually utter those words in the interview.
    Like you I hope it happens assuming it means an extra X million added to this year's income.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

If we are getting sponsorship from stadium I would rather it be Kuwait City Ground than Victor Chandler Arena. It will still be referred to by everyone as City Ground but allow us to move around FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    He mentioned a Colombian player he is interested in as well. But the big thing is he is in talks with the Kuwaiti Government. The shirt sponsor could be 'KUWAIT' (similar to this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XAcKZGSAam...tionalTeam.jpg). This is more of a long term vision than short term though. The sad thing about naming writes is that is it vital to keep up with FFP, which just shows another flaw of the rule.

If this pulls through with the Kuwaiti government, do people realize how much of a power house we could become? People talk about revisiting the champions league days but it could be a reality if something like this happens. Only Man City & PSG are owned by governments. Having a millionaire owner is one thing - having a country is another.
    Good work! I imagine the Kuwait City Ground thing would tie in with the proposed government affiliation... big sponsorship and all that... I hope it happens

Can't we get a decent translation of the important quotes?

My numbers in Arabic are really good, but not the words!

People would be happy with this guy but not Chris Burke? :/