Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lars Veldwijk

Default Re: Lars Veldwijk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Was anyone else at the incredible performance at Trent Poly back in 1973?
    Focus were immense.
    Ackermann on guitar was simply unbelievable.
    I think you mean October 1972, I think that was the only time they played Trent Poly.

They played the University a few years later.

I first saw them at Loughborough Uni, a few weeks before they played Trent Poly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by cms186 View Post
    Having done the maths, it is mathematically impossible to be promoted before the 28th game ( this is assuming we would win all our games and every other game in the league is drawn, which is obviously not going to happen, but is mathematically possible ), the 28th game last year took place on the 2nd February
    Top man, can you be relegated by Xmas? I know the sheep went in march.

From the goals on Youtube, Lars looks like a very strong presence who gets into good positions and punishes defensive lapses. That's good enough for me, I think.

While we're on the subject of Dutch musical memories, I had a great night at the Rescue Rooms a few years ago watching Epica supported by ReVamp. Both delivered superb examples of symphonic/gothic metal. Also, I got to meet ReVamp singer Floor Jansen and get my picture taken with her. Now that she's joined Finnish metal kings Nightwish permanently, this memory has become even more special.

Looking Hairy

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sutton's lazy eye View Post
    Top man, can you be relegated by Xmas? I know the sheep went in march.
    Theoretically, no.

This is all off the top of my head but with 23 games played each, worst possible position is to have lost every game and obviously have 0 points. Two other teams have only beaten you and have 3 points each. Everyone else W/L against each other (most possible points handed out) means 13 wins, 10 defeats each for 39 points. With 23 games remaining, you can still get 69 points. If you extrapolate the points per game ratio against the dwindling points available, it would be the 30th game before you can logically be relegated. Our 30th game this year was the 11th February.

Of course however, this doesn't account for the reduced points other teams would get if you won the rest of your available games from say...the 25th game onwards. It would likely be the 31st game.

Last edited by Kelvin's Local; 13-06-14 at 21:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Halford's Lid View Post
    Theoretically, no.

This is all off the top of my head but with 23 games played each, worst possible position is to have lost every game and obviously have 0 points. Two other teams have only beaten you and have 3 points each. Everyone else W/L against each other (most possible points handed out) means 13 wins, 10 defeats each for 39 points. With 23 games remaining, you can still get 69 points. If you extrapolate the points per game ratio against the dwindling points available, it would be the 30th game before you can logically be relegated. Our 30th game this year was the 11th February.

Of course however, this doesn't account for the reduced points other teams would get if you won the rest of your available games from say...the 25th game onwards. It would likely be the 31st game.
    Administration with points reduction plus fielding ineligable players might bring it forward a little. ��

Banned

tone it down a fucking bit he has signed

Quote Originally Posted by Nffc View Post
    tone it down a fucking bit he has signed
    The sheer arrogance of our fans winds me up.

PSYCHO:PSYCHO:PSYCHO

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboreds View Post
    they are true Forest supporters who are passionate and believe and extremely optimistic which is what true supporters are like, far too many of the threads on here are manic depressive, i really hope none of the players read the posts on this site, far too many on here constantly just looking for a problems and fester damaging rumours

Victor Meldrew

He will need time to settle into the team, Eastick said he is a prospect rather than someone who will start straight away.

he's from the netherlands therefore he is a skunkaholic, and this should form the basis on his chart

Victor Meldrew

Welcome to our football club Lars.
    Thank you for being so tall and so young.

He's definitely been brought in with an eye on the future...the undisclosed fee signals low intial fee to Excelsior with decent add ons.

He will be on the bench to start with, but a 6'6" CF will be an interesting option to be using in the last 20 mins with scores level or chasing a game...pure pain in the arse for opposition CBs!

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Fantastic news that this deal has been done!!!

Haven't been able to stop watching his highlights all week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj-YMXUbqY4
    You can see why he needs to play with the youth team for a while, he doesn't look very impressive to me, yes he can score but at the moment doesn't look championship quality.

Same as Derbyshire last season. He'll star in the pre-season games and Psycho won't be able to leave him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Von View Post
    You can see why he needs to play with the youth team for a while, he doesn't look very impressive to me, yes he can score but at the moment doesn't look championship quality.
    I think the vid reel looks good. Strong, good running and can finish. Couple of comedy goals in there but not really his fault on either and I'll take comedy goals next year if they're off his arse. They all count!

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO:PSYCHO:PSYCHO View Post
    they are true Forest supporters who are passionate and believe and extremely optimistic which is what true supporters are like, far too many of the threads on here are manic depressive, i really hope none of the players read the posts on this site, far too many on here constantly just looking for a problems and fester damaging rumours
    I genuinely believe these are the same people that go manic depressive after an away draw at Barnsley. They're a rather capricious bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Fantastic news that this deal has been done!!!

Haven't been able to stop watching his highlights all week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj-YMXUbqY4
    I for one appreciate the use of MLK's 'I Have a Dream' speech, fused with saxaphone-techno beats, to accompany footage of this flying Dutchman.

Dancing in the Trent End

As I see it we're lucky to have him so early on, means he can get involved in all the friendlies and test himself. I'm excited

Dancing in the Trent End

Quote Originally Posted by Jara Wizard, Harry View Post
    I genuinely believe these are the same people that go manic depressive after an away draw at Barnsley. They're a rather capricious bunch.
    To be fair, 15 years of shit does that to people sometimes.

Just a thought: we should hold on to Doris, if only to help Weldwijk settle in a bit, though he is a great back-up 'keeper. Let's not do another Guedioura.

At least we know we don't have a many well rounded fans then, only extremely positive ones and extremely negative ones.

We are completely bipolar, hence the differences of opinion on here all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboreds View Post
    Twitter is the problem, and any written form of expression that is done by people who can't convey their tone. Most fans of most clubs probably say things in the pub which are meant entirely tongue in cheek. Unfortunately this doesn't come across online, no matter how many lols and smileys are used.

He looks better than Nikola Zigic to me. Perhaps that isn't saying much, but Zigic is reputed to be on £50k a week and was bought for wads of money. Based on those clips, I would be very worried if we were signing a defender or a goalkeeper; no wingers or midfielders stood out as worthwhile. But one player on those clips was the highest scorer in his division, scoring more than half his teams goals, and could give lessons to half our squad on how to take a penalty.

He may look awkward at times, but he's clinical and he's a Red!!!!!!!!!!

I just find these comments disrespectful to his previous club and belittles his previous achievements.

I think they cut the "Fuck" out.