Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Running

Can't Re Member

Default Re: Running

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    No problem with people taking up running now to get some fresh air and exercise. Quite likely they did other sports or fitness activities that have stopped currently. People have to stay active somehow. If you don't have a bike, alternatives are limited.

People putting on sports gear to go for a picnic in the park should probably have a word with themselves.

I try to get out at 5am. Barely any other runners, pedestrians around at that time. Not many cars either, you can use the road to pass anybody if you do see somebody.
    Yeah, I get out at 6ish here and nobody around. By mid morning onthe old railway line path that runs behind my house is like the M1 in rush hour. Loads of non runners giving it a go, ditto on bikes, dog walkers, families with peaks. No chance of keeping distance, doubt it’s 2m wide in most places

Oh FFS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bonalair View Post
    Yeah, I get out at 6ish here and nobody around. By mid morning onthe old railway line path that runs behind my house is like the M1 in rush hour. Loads of non runners giving it a go, ditto on bikes, dog walkers, families with peaks. No chance of keeping distance, doubt it’s 2m wide in most places
    I've noticed that cyclists genuinely seem to think that the 2 metre rule doesn't apply to them where we walk. I'm getting fucking close with one Pepsi max lycra **** on his powered mountain bike.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Funny you say that. I played football a lot when I was younger and took up running maybe 15 years ago (I’m 39) and feared the knees would be shot. They have their moments but are holding up ok touch wood. One of my ankles has started to give me grief in the last 6 months which is a bit of a worry. Funnily enough it doesn’t hurt while running but twisting, lifting foot etc.. not great. Reckon it’s is affecting the way I run as that foot is hurting after a run now.
    That's pretty much how my ankle is. I have flat feet and my right is worse than the left so that's my issue. Doesn't hurt when running but as I recline on the settee now I can feel it's not right, it obviously gets worse the more I run. Currently I'm not doing more than 6 miles which keeps me ticking over I suppose

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I've noticed that cyclists genuinely seem to think that the 2 metre rule doesn't apply to them where we walk. I'm getting fucking close with one Pepsi max lycra **** on his powered mountain bike.
    That’s because we are cyclists, so fuck everyone else. Pissing people off is what we live for.

Seriously though, I’ve avoided the trails for this reason, it’s almost impossible not to make a close pass by walkers in some places.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    That’s because we are cyclists, so fuck everyone else. Pissing people off is what we live for.

Seriously though, I’ve avoided the trails for this reason, it’s almost impossible not to make a close pass by walkers in some places.
    It is where we walk though, the grove is about 12 feet wide as a minimum but this prick insists on riding on the smoothest section. **** will know about if I take the dogs out without the missus.

The Foam Hand

It is where we walk though, the grove is about 12 feet wide as a minimum but this prick insists on riding on the smoothest section. **** will know about if I take the dogs out without the missus.
    They should have a bell to warn walkers they are approaching, I know a lot don’t though.

Where's me hammer?

They should have a bell to warn walkers they are approaching, I know a lot don’t though.
    I had a bell on my MTB, made no difference

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I had a bell on my MTB, made no difference

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    A lot don’t hear it do they.
    I was riding down a trail and saw an old women walking her dog and a teenage girl separately up ahead. I rang my bell several times, the old lady edged to one side smiling, the teenage girl had earphones in reading her phone and just carried on oblivious. I swerved around her nearly ending up in a hedge bottom. No acknowledgment from her, just a dirty look. The old women shook her head and said “Young uns nowadays, always got their heads in their phones”.

Quote Originally Posted by Redad View Post
    That's pretty much how my ankle is. I have flat feet and my right is worse than the left so that's my issue. Doesn't hurt when running but as I recline on the settee now I can feel it's not right, it obviously gets worse the more I run. Currently I'm not doing more than 6 miles which keeps me ticking over I suppose

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Yeah mine sometimes hurts when I'm laying in bed or flopped in the armchair. But I can run 6 miles and barely feel it.

The fanny could move over 2m and ride around, he must have £4k's worth of power assisted mountain bike, the transition is from compacted mud to short fucking grass.

The Foam Hand

The fanny could move over 2m and ride around, he must have £4k's worth of power assisted mountain bike, the transition is from compacted mud to short fucking grass.
    Sounds like a dick mate, there’s always one.