Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 155 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Bikes

Looking Hairy

Default Bikes

Anyone here like a bit of the old pedal action? I've just bought myself a new one from Wiggle, i'm kitting it out with new tyres (standard ones are a bit too slick) and a couple of other things but I can't settle on a new saddle or pedals. Realistically I don't want to spend more than £100 on the pair, does anyone have any recommendations? Need some lights too, come to think of it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Left Winger

Default Re: Bikes

Saddle - Charge Spoon, comfiest saddle ever.

Pedals - I like Shimano 105s for your budget.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

I am only a casual cyclist but Brooks saddles are brilliant once you have worn them in.

Do peddles matter that much? As long as you have some.

I've just got in cycling having discovered the strava app. My bike cost me about 700 notes but the seat on it is truely awful obviously lightweight I've tried padded cycle shorts and changing the seat but my arse still feels like I've had a night with Omar Williams

Looking Hairy

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Saddle - Charge Spoon, comfiest saddle ever.

Pedals - I like Shimano 105s for your budget.
    The Charge Spoon is actually the one i'd earmarked already. Good to get a second opinion on that.

Just had to pop into the center and there's no end of folk at it today on em.

And also the dude walking his Owl......

20140525_111921.jpg

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Halford's Lid View Post
    The Charge Spoon is actually the one i'd earmarked already. Good to get a second opinion on that.
    I have Charge Spoons on all my bikes.

Lovely saddle and a very good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    Just had to pop into the center and there's no end of folk at it today on em.

And also the dude walking his Owl......

20140525_111921.jpg
    You see folk moan about getting old, but its being able to just randomly take an owl for a walk and no one bats an eyelid that cancels everything negative you get from being old.... That and being able to put a flat hand on the wall just above your head when having a piss in a public urinal....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sutton's lazy eye View Post
    You see folk moan about getting old, but its being able to just randomly take an owl for a walk and no one bats an eyelid that cancels everything negative you get from being old.... That and being able to put a flat hand on the wall just above your head when having a piss in a public urinal....

I scincerly hope me & my mates all go out walking our owls together in 40-50 year time.

Better Call Saul!

thought this thread was going to be about rough old slags.....disappointed

I do some road cycling.

I have a fausto coppi laguna (2006)

I use look pedals and clips - never used anything else and think these are the shit.

Cant imagine riding without clips now.

Ha I saw that guy walking his owl in West Bridgford on the way to Forest one day. Also saw an owl in a car round Meadow Lane way, guessing it was the same guy. He has a dog too right?!

On topic, I've started cycling to work. Well, I was for 2 weeks until it started raining again (I need to invest in a waterproof windbreaker). "Fairweather cyclist" my mate called me, sounds about right. It's a 4 mile trip, so nearly 50 miles a week. There's steady incline/declines which drain my legs in work boots, but it's got easier and easier each day and only taking me 15-20 minutes. If I finish late, at rush hour it would actually take me 15-25 minutes in the car anyway where as it's 7-8 minutes at 5.20 in the morning with no traffic...

bullittboy

Haha, clipless pedals.

Thick pedestrian walked straight out in front of me this afternoon. Managed to swerve and avoid him but had to
    slam on the anchors to avoid riding into the side of a bus resulting in the inevitable can't get my foot out
    of the clip in time.

Crash, bang, wallop!

I'm laid out in the centre of Derby with a cargo bike on top of me that had about 100kg of parcels in it, stillclipped in and pinned to the floor.

How to try out bike seats

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    That's me, shopping for Butt Plugs

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Go a size smaller.

Ive just got back from a 51 mile ride, awsworth-heanor- Belper-carsington water-cromford-ambergate-home longest ride I've ever done, my legs are like jelly....took 4 hours 20 mins loved it though. Some cracking hills got 45mph coming down from wirksworth to cromford my new favorite hill.

Left Winger

Ive just got back from a 51 mile ride, awsworth-heanor- Belper-carsington water-cromford-ambergate-home longest ride I've ever done, my legs are like jelly....took 4 hours 20 mins loved it though. Some cracking hills got 45mph coming down from wirksworth to cromford my new favorite hill.
    Excellent work. Keep that up, you'll crack the century easily.

Fuck me you're brave!

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Excellent work. Keep that up, you'll crack the century easily.
    I'm not sure I could do that far my last pb was 36 miles.... Strava did tell me I'd done 250 k this month which I didn't realise and I'm slightly chuffed about having only got into riding mid april... Only issue is its a new month Sunday which means I have to start again.

Last edited by Barry; 30-05-14 at 19:30.

Fuck me you're brave!
    It's s cracking hill about a mile long, I defo could have gone faster but my balls are only so large and its lights at the bottom onto a main road...took some slowing down as it was even with disc brakes.

It's s cracking hill about a mile long, I defo could have gone faster but my balls are only so large and its lights at the bottom onto a main road...took some slowing down as it was even with disc brakes.
    I know that hill quite well. Not sure I'd want to go that fast down it in a car!

I know that hill quite well. Not sure I'd want to go that fast down it in a car!
    It's what kept me going knowing I'd get a go at it, it didn't disappoint.

bullittboy

If you want to test how big your balls are may I suggest Amber Lane, known locally as Slack Hill on the
    Matlock to Chesterfield road. Not as long as Cromford Hill, but even steeper and except for a couple of farm
    driveways turning on to it, no roads, or traffic lights, therefore no vehicles pulling out in front of you.
    People have posted on line of passing 60mph on there.