Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155
Results 3,851 to 3,866 of 3866

Thread: Bikes

  1. #3851
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    4,463

    Default Re: Bikes

    Is this the rant thread?


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #3852
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    38,152

    Default Re: Bikes

    Back to push bikes


    Are "Trek Gary Fisher" any good?

    Been offered this for £150

    “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're procrastinating, get some work done!”

  4. #3853
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In isolation.
    Posts
    8,703

    Default Re: Bikes

    Gary Fisher is a Trek Collection - so a mid-market bike... probably costing £600-£1000 when new with decent components, although at the cheaper end mix-and-match, which can be a bit meh-.

    I don;t like hybrids with suspension forks and knobly tires myself - but if it suits your need, £150 is probably OK. Looks in decent nick.

    We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

  5. #3854
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the bath
    Posts
    3,894

    Default Re: Bikes

    I bought the missus a Trek, it's OK, not as good as a Specialized in my opinion but not bad either. For £150 you might get something a bit better but you don't get much for that now.

    Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk


  6. #3855
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    61,911

    Default Re: Bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Back to push bikes


    Are "Trek Gary Fisher" any good?

    Been offered this for £150
    For £150 that is a very good price for the spec.

    I have a Gary Fisher Supercaliber in my garage in the U.K. and if my wife ever found out how much it cost, she’d lay an egg.

    (Gary Fisher is basically a God of mountain biking and one of the originators of the sport).

    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

  7. #3856
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    38,152

    Default Re: Bikes

    He's said it's going on gum tree today for £180 and it's "like new".

    Will go and have a look in the flesh.

    My crank bearings are going on mine, you can feel it crunching and I can't get the indexing right after swapping to new quick shifters either. might strip the old one for parts.


  8. #3857
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In isolation.
    Posts
    8,703

    Default Re: Bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    For £150 that is a very good price for the spec.

    I have a Gary Fisher Supercaliber in my garage in the U.K. and if my wife ever found out how much it cost, she’d lay an egg.

    (Gary Fisher is basically a God of mountain biking and one of the originators of the sport).
    he is the self-style 'Father of the Mountain Bike'


  9. #3858
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    38,152

    Default Re: Bikes

    It's a Trek "Gary Fisher" Utopia

    Here's the spec

    https://archive.trekbikes.com/us/en/...utopia/details

    Definitly worth it?


  10. #3859
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    61,911

    Default Bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    It's a Trek "Gary Fisher" Utopia

    Here's the spec

    https://archive.trekbikes.com/us/en/...utopia/details

    Definitly worth it?
    It has a very decent aluminium frame, a disc-compatible wheelset and a mix of Alivio and Deore components. Provided the wheels are straight and the frame isn’t bent (i.e. not broken) then I think £150 is a decent price.

    I’d pay that, but then if this fits you, it’d be like me trying to ride a garden gate.


  11. #3860
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    38,152

    Default Re: Bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    It has a very decent aluminium frame, a disc-compatible wheelset and a mix of Alivio and Deore components. Provided the wheels are straight and the frame isn’t bent (i.e. not broken) then I think £150 is a decent price.

    I’d pay that, but then if this fits you, it’d be like me trying to ride a garden gate.
    Yeah frame's straight, no cracked paint on joints or anything but the front wheel or disc has a slight run out but I can fix that with spoke straightening. It's only a 17.5 frame but a long enough seat post to accommodate me, in fact I need to drop it a bit. Told him I'll have it and he's dropping it off later.


  12. #3861
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    61,911

    Default Re: Bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Yeah frame's straight, no cracked paint on joints or anything but the front wheel or disc has a slight run out but I can fix that with spoke straightening. It's only a 17.5 frame but a long enough seat post to accommodate me, in fact I need to drop it a bit. Told him I'll have it and he's dropping it off later.
    My Supercaliber is a 14” Frame


  13. #3862
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    38,152

    Default Re: Bikes




  14. #3863
    Lick my legs
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South of the river
    Posts
    10,551

    Default Re: Bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Boy, Lee Dixon's fallen on hard times hasn't he?


  15. #3864
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    61,911

    Default Re: Bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Not far off:




  16. #3865
    Lick my legs
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South of the river
    Posts
    10,551

    Default Re: Bikes




  17. #3866

    Default Re: Bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    That's a nice bike

    Sent from the thunder suckle fuzz canyon


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •