Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Schteve

Default Schteve

The year of Schteve McClaren it seems.

Not only have Derby finished their highest in years, but Matt Derbyshire's weak header finding the net makes him joint top league goalscorer this year...

... with Ishamel Miller.

Andy Reid wins POTS.

Just shows Doughty was right to bring him in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Schteve

George Boateng is now Head Coach of Kelantan FA in Malaysia.

Jonathan Greening got a haircut.

Schteve was right all along it seems.

Actually, fuck it - let him take them up. Somebody suggested in another thread that it might not be a bad idea for Forest not to have to face Derby next season, and I'm starting to warm to that idea. Don't get me wrong, it's certainly not that I'm afraid of us losing to them; I love the big matches and there's nothing more thrilling than Forest taking on Derby. But from a businesslike point of view I'd much rather we concentrated solely on going up next year, totally clinically and without anything that might prove a destabilising distraction or present Psycho with any unneeded extra pressure. Let the sheepshaggers go up now, then let them stay up by the width of their underpants elastic next season and let's look forward to locking horns with them again in the top flight in 2015/16, and then twice every season in the Premier League for hopefully many years to come. Let this season and next be the last two seasons that Derby ever finish above us, and then let's all slug it out in the top flight (us, Derby and Leicester) for decade after glorious decade that put the East Midlands firmly back on the European football map.

It seemed like a nightmare when they went two divisions above in 07. But 16 months later we were playing each other again in the league and Derby had made history. If they go up, it is not impossible to image us replacing them in the PL in a year's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    It seemed like a nightmare when they went two divisions above in 07. But 16 months later we were playing each other again in the league and Derby had made history. If they go up, it is not impossible to image us replacing them in the PL in a year's time.
    That would result in a stream of jizz from the CG forming a tributary with the Trent. Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Would you rather Forest were at least a division above Derby or would you prefer it if we were in the top flight together? Got to be the latter for me - Forest v Derby on Match of the Day with a Europa League spot up for grabs for us and Derby dangling nervously just above the trap door? Yes please!

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Wasted millions of our money learning Championship basics, and helped put an owner who'd invested 75m into a position where he felt forced to step down, just so that he could take our local rivals to their best finish in years.

Still loved more by some of our fans than the best manager we've had in 15 years

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    Still loved more by some of our fans than the best manager we've had in 15 years
    Agreed, it's a disgrace how Calderwood is treated by certain Forest fans.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Agreed, it's a disgrace how Calderwood is treated by certain Forest fans.
    If only JW waas still here.

I'm beyond caring this season - Forest could certainly learn a few things from Derby with how they're set up, run and play football.

If they go up, it should be used as a motivation to help us kick on and improve significantly in the league. Why dwell on what the likes of Leicester and Derby have done, we are where we are for a reason - just like they are.

I like going to QPR and Brighton, good days out.
    The DW is the only ground in the current Championship that I haven't been to. Would like another opportunity next season.

So, I wouldn't mind too much if Derby go up. It isn't a particularly good day out. I normally end up keeping a low profile while walking back to the city centre, surrounded by their supporters laughing at the misfortune of the rival supporters they refer to as inbreds.

I don't care how they get on next season if they are in the Prem. However, as Jerellis1 stated, it would be good to have all three major East Midlands clubs up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post

Who, Megson?

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    .... but Matt Derbyshire's weak header finding the net makes him joint top league goalscorer this year...
    Eh? Where did you get that from Robbie? The nffc13 book of "Facts"? or do you mean 2014 only - hey you rated him 0% until recent times ....