Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 468

Thread: Majewski

      
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In house
    Posts
    1,193

    Default Majewski

    Tara for the up coming season, You have been a burden on finances and the squad for the last 5 seasons, Time for you to pack your bags and move to pastures new. With Psycho in charge we need better than you!! I would say thanks for the last five seasons but you have offered very little. Went from Pole international to nowhere near the national team, Struggled to become a regular started even with so many managers. All in all you are an utter waste of space, Hopefully you bin of becoming a 'professional footballer'

    Thanks but pack your bags and fook off!

    Last edited by red@rmy; 28-04-14 at 23:23.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    queing up for a cob
    Posts
    4,458

    Default Re: Majewski

    boffin says he holds the ball in the final 3rd to positive effect. I don't know. Despite several good moments, I wouldn't be heart broken if he left.


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,144

    Default Re: Majewski

    Bit of an over reaction...


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: Majewski

    Yeah, yeah........your rubbish mate......yeah


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,272

    Default Re: Majewski

    Thread predictions: some agreement, some disagreement, some reacting to the tone rather than the point, focus shifts onto posters not posts, flame war, tea break, flame war resumes, thread becomes indistinguishable from rest.

    I will agree, though that he has failed to live up to promise, was absent even when stood in front of us in a red shirt all too often and no manager really harnessed his undeniable skill. In five years we'll just remember those couple of wonder goals, though. Unless Pearce has some means of rejuvenating him. The likelihood is that it's Do widzenia to him. Shame, as he's a capable footballer and a nice chap. Very much from the 'better at any other similar sized club' generation of Forest players.


  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In house
    Posts
    1,193

    Default Re: Majewski

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Fail View Post
    Thread predictions: some agreement, some disagreement, some reacting to the tone rather than the point, focus shifts onto posters not posts, flame war, tea break, flame war resumes, thread becomes indistinguishable from rest.

    I will agree, though that he has failed to live up to promise, was absent even when stood in front of us in a red shirt all too often and no manager really harnessed his undeniable skill. In five years we'll just remember those couple of wonder goals, though. Unless Pearce has some means of rejuvenating him. The likelihood is that it's Do widzenia to him. Shame, as he's a capable footballer and a nice chap. Very much from the 'better at any other similar sized club' generation of Forest players.
    Thats the issue Alpha many will flame and take issue with my original post, But can anybody really say he has given us our moneys worth for the last five seasons? He has been awful, Manager after manager has decided that he isn't for the first team, Yet you get many on here saying he is a world beater?

    He has digressed massively from when he signed for us, The only sensible option is go bite the bullet and get rid, He will never be a 1st team regualr for any championship club, Let him go back to Poland and get drunk on his Dad's homemade Vodka!


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canoe on the Trent
    Posts
    3,193

    Default Re: Majewski

    Has been appalling for the past 2 seasons. Get rid.


  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In house
    Posts
    1,193

    Default Re: Majewski

    Quote Originally Posted by bgd View Post
    Bit of an over reaction...
    To what 5 years of wasted wages and mediocrity?

    Yep I agree!

    Any redeeming features for the guy?


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canoe on the Trent
    Posts
    3,193

    Default Re: Majewski

    Quote Originally Posted by red@rmy View Post
    To what 5 years of wasted wages and mediocrity?

    Yep I agree!

    Any redeeming features for the guy?
    What about that screamer against Derby.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    4,672

    Default



    That is all


  12. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In house
    Posts
    1,193

    Default Re: Majewski

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimboreds View Post
    What about that screamer against Derby.
    I know and that through pass to Earnshaw in the Playoffs!

    I know that is the two things people will mention in 5 years of service

    The bloke is a fraud and the sooner he is got rid of the better, Hell even Osborn and McLaughlin were chosen ahead of him the last few matches!


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Y block lower b
    Posts
    9,494

    Default Re: Majewski

    And his volley against west brom


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,220

    Default Re: Majewski

    Think people forget we've always played our best football with him in the side. It's no coincidence, either.

    Why get rid of players like Majewski now?

    One of the most talented players. Best first touch. Best in tight areas. Good delivery.

    When we play tactics to suit him, we're a brilliant team to watch. When we play with forwards in front of him with no movement, what do you expect from him? When we play with wingers that are told to narrow, what do you expect from him? Just nullifies everything he's about.

    Just going to be an endless cycles of players a lot less talented than Majewski if we keep treating players like this.

    In different threads you'll be slating the forwards. Or the defenders for not being solid, and distributing properly. So how can you have a go at a player who would excel when all of those factors were working fine?

    5 years of wasted wages?

    Billy Davies first spell - He was brilliant.

    McClaren - Good when used.

    Cotterill - The 4 of Blackstock, Majewski, Guedioura and McCleary saved us. Fact.

    SOD - The trio of Majewski, Reid and Guedioura was one of the best midfields in the league at that time. Majewski very good.

    Billy 2nd spell - Very, very impressive towards the end of last season. Struggled this season a little, but tactics nullified him. Lacked an outlet. Lost confidence and belief. Went a little in his shell. Could repeat that about a lot of players.


    The likes of Swansea and Southampton would build their team around players like Majewski. Stable clubs from the very top. I see Majewski as the marker for the club as a whole. Suffered from instability, but shines when there's a solid structure in behind and can flourish with a brand of football and proper ethos within a side, with every player knowing their roles.


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Majewski

    Quote Originally Posted by red@rmy View Post
    Tara for the up coming season, You have been a burden on finances and the squad for the last 5 seasons, Time for you to pack your bags and move to pastures new. With Psycho in charge we need better than you!! I would say thanks for the last five seasons but you have offered very little. Went from Pole international to nowhere near the national team, Struggled to become a regular started even with so many managers. All in all you are an utter waste of space, Hopefully you bin of becoming a 'professional footballer'

    Thanks but pack your bags and fook off!
    Those who think that under-performing, but still-contracted players will be allowed to just walk away with their contracts fully paid up are set to be disappointed.

    Majewski, like the others, will doubtlessly be given a clean slate by SP.

    On the other hand, I highly doubt any of the out-of-contract players will be offered new ones.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 29-04-14 at 00:03.

  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The very black holes of my mind.
    Posts
    5,194

    Default Re: Majewski

    Quote Originally Posted by red@rmy View Post
    Tara for the up coming season, You have been a burden on finances and the squad for the last 5 seasons, Time for you to pack your bags and move to pastures new. With Psycho in charge we need better than you!! I would say thanks for the last five seasons but you have offered very little. Went from Pole international to nowhere near the national team, Struggled to become a regular started even with so many managers. All in all you are an utter waste of space, Hopefully you bin of becoming a 'professional footballer'

    Thanks but pack your bags and fook off!
    Bad day?


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    12,998

    Default Re: Majewski

    Time for him to move on for ours and his sake. Not done it for a long while now.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Majewski

    Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    Time for him to move on for ours and his sake. Not done it for a long while now.
    Call me cynical, but I can't see Radi foregoing the remainder of his contract and walking away.


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    4,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    Think people forget we've always played our best football with him in the side. It's no coincidence, either.

    Why get rid of players like Majewski now?

    One of the most talented players. Best first touch. Best in tight areas. Good delivery.

    When we play tactics to suit him, we're a brilliant team to watch. When we play with forwards in front of him with no movement, what do you expect from him? When we play with wingers that are told to narrow, what do you expect from him? Just nullifies everything he's about.

    Just going to be an endless cycles of players a lot less talented than Majewski if we keep treating players like this.

    In different threads you'll be slating the forwards. Or the defenders for not being solid, and distributing properly. So how can you have a go at a player who would excel when all of those factors were working fine?

    5 years of wasted wages?

    Billy Davies first spell - He was brilliant.

    McClaren - Good when used.

    Cotterill - The 4 of Blackstock, Majewski, Guedioura and McCleary saved us. Fact.

    SOD - The trio of Majewski, Reid and Guedioura was one of the best midfields in the league at that time. Majewski very good.

    Billy 2nd spell - Very, very impressive towards the end of last season. Struggled this season a little, but tactics nullified him. Lacked an outlet. Lost confidence and belief. Went a little in his shell. Could repeat that about a lot of players.

    The likes of Swansea and Southampton would build their team around players like Majewski. Stable clubs from the very top. I see Majewski as the marker for the club as a whole. Suffered from instability, but shines when there's a solid structure in behind and can flourish with a brand of football and proper ethos within a side, with every player knowing their roles.
    Thanks for having a more constructive attempt than me at defending the lad!

    I agree wholeheartedly of course and expect plenty to disagree.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Borstal
    Posts
    2,100

    Default Re: Majewski

    Too light weight. Gets bullied easily in the championship, lacks the pace and power of a modern day midfielder and lunges in to tackles like Paul Scholes used to. Lovely footballer but time to move on. He'd be better off in a less physical league.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    12,998

    Default Re: Majewski

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Forest View Post
    Too light weight. Gets bullied easily in the championship, lacks the pace and power of a modern day midfielder and lunges in to tackles like Paul Scholes used to. Lovely footballer but time to move on. He'd be better off in a less physical league.
    Women's netball team?


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    12,998

    Default Re: Majewski

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Call me cynical, but I can't see Radi foregoing the remainder of his contract and walking away.
    Unfortunately true.


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,144

    Default Re: Majewski

    He's played a part in some huge wins, scored some damn important goals and helped us play some fantastic football. He's also gone missing on plenty of occasions and get himself sent off a couple too.

    I think if he's not scoring or making a killer pass people don't see much in him, but he will take the ball in tight spaces and find feet. He links up brilliantly with Reidy and Cohen, there was a time when them three were taking the piss out of sides down the left.

    I think if we have a main midfield three of Lansbury, Reid and Vaughan, then Majewski coming into that three at some point, especially in home games where we want to keep it on the floor in the opposition half, then Majewski can still provide plenty of use.

    If he's in a three with Moussi and Jara, then he's going to be damn poor, absolutely.

    I think for him to be effective he definitely need to be involved in a midfield three, and he certainly will still have his uses next season if he's kept around.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,151

    Default Re: Majewski

    I'm not sure he was part of one of the 'best midfield's in the league' under SOD, he barely played.

    Since he signed permanently, he's never showed any consistent form. He finished the season well under Cotterill and he hit a purple patch of goals when BD came back but apart from that, he's been a disappointment.

    Also, in his loan season, he predominantly played in a central midfield two (especially at home) with McKenna.


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,169

    Default Re: Majewski

    Quote Originally Posted by bgd View Post
    He's played a part in some huge wins, scored some damn important goals and helped us play some fantastic football. He's also gone missing on plenty of occasions and get himself sent off a couple too.

    I think if he's not scoring or making a killer pass people don't see much in him, but he will take the ball in tight spaces and find feet. He links up brilliantly with Reidy and Cohen, there was a time when them three were taking the piss out of sides down the left.

    I think if we have a main midfield three of Lansbury, Reid and Vaughan, then Majewski coming into that three at some point, especially in home games where we want to keep it on the floor in the opposition half, then Majewski can still provide plenty of use.

    If he's in a three with Moussi and Jara, then he's going to be damn poor, absolutely.

    I think for him to be effective he definitely need to be involved in a midfield three, and he certainly will still have his uses next season if he's kept around.
    Cohen..? Oh yeah, I remember him.


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Away in the NW.
    Posts
    2,614

    Default Re: Majewski

    Since he first signed in 2009/10 he's played 161 games and scored 19 goals in total.

    In the same period a player that most here seemed glad to let go, Lewis McGugan, played 139 games at Forest scoring 30 goals and 37 games at Watford this season scoring 11.
    A total of 176 games with 41 goals.

    It's said Lewis was idle, didn't tackle or work for the team .... just watch the "Cox goal of the season" please. He lost the ball, tracks back, tackles and wins it back. He beats a couple and delivers a ball for Cox to take two touches to score his wonder goal.

    Radi's spectacular goals, pff no contest!

    Discipline record LOL.


    Creative wise? Well watch the first goal Simon cox scored for the club away at Huddersfield - who created that? I can't be arsed with assists stats. What's the point ... we let the quality one go for free and the debate is about keeping the useless one.

    Exactly why did you most of you want the lightweight one and not the quality one?

    It beggars belief - really!

    Get rid IMO.

    COYR's


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •