Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Aidan Junior- new from the nike academy

lol

Default Aidan Junior- new from the nike academy

Aidan Juniorjoined from the nike academy apparently it says on there twatter. Says he has raw potential. Could upload a picture because my phone is stupid

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Aidan Junior- new from the nike academy

Good spot

lol

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    Good spot

Is he good? Im in class right now. Can't do much but just post this

Quote Originally Posted by Master Hakem View Post
    Is he good? Im in class right now. Can't do much but just post this
    Not sure chap. He's one of the lads who had only just recently joined the Academy, just like Dylan Burns

http://nikeinc.com/news/winners-of-n...-george-s-park

The way forward IMO - Jimmy Gilligan had input in this surely!

I thought Jimmy was prominent on the touchline at Leeds - can anyone confirm that please.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by ForestinLancs View Post
    The way forward IMO - Jimmy Gilligan had input in this surely!

I thought Jimmy was prominent on the touchline at Leeds - can anyone confirm that please.
    isnt he helping brazil right now. and seeing that brazil is a garbage coach, probably jimmy was giving him alot of the ideas but just giving and brazil hearing it but not taking it.

He has quick feet. Started some games wide left and the u17 game v Derby on Saturday through the middle.

One of the 5 winners of the Nike Academy for 2014 along with Dylan Burns who was on the bench on Saturday.

Time will tell if they are necessary additions. Especially if it is the necessary age group because you don't want to bloat next years 2nd year scholars & have so little 1st year scholars.

For anyone wondering what Jimmy Gilligan has to offer the club, and the quality of player he is capable of spotting and nurturing, I thoroughly recommend watching this video. It's 30 odd minutes long, but well worth it, I reckon. After watching it, I am very confident that the U18s are in good hands, and that players like Aidan will be pretty decent at least. He seems to have the right balance between being a hard task master, and giving the right guidance and training (unlike MacParland, who came across as just harsh).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D3OO6fuBfA

Quote Originally Posted by UndisclosedFee View Post
    For anyone wondering what Jimmy Gilligan has to offer the club, and the quality of player he is capable of spotting and nurturing, I thoroughly recommend watching this video. It's 30 odd minutes long, but well worth it, I reckon. After watching it, I am very confident that the U18s are in good hands, and that players like Aidan will be pretty decent at least. He seems to have the right balance between being a hard task master, and giving the right guidance and training (unlike MacParland, who came across as just harsh).

I will try and watch later. I was very impressed with the FP interview with Jimmy Gilligan. Less so with the interviews with Charlie on FP. He just seemed a bit tainted by Billy and a bit jaded. Didn't see a lot of enthusiasm for his work.

That was a brilliant watch, just the type of person we need with the youngsters at Forest.

I thought so too. I didn't set out to watch the whole thing, but was drawn in. I watched another, shorter one as well, in which our own (ex) Rob Kelly was very involved.

I thought so too. I didn't set out to watch the whole thing, but was drawn in. I watched another, shorter one as well, in which our own (ex) Rob Kelly was very involved.
    Looks like we have taken 2 players from the Nike academy in recent weeks, would be interesting to see if they make a similar short film like that. Get a better understanding of the type of players we have signed.

Banned

Good spot

I have a feeling I'm being sold high performance clothing for some reason?

He has all the ticks...................... But does he tick the right boxes?

I've just been watching that video for about 5 minutes and googled the name of one of the players who got chosen and he's now playing for Helsinborg and has a decent shoring record for them, so he can obviously spot talent! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Accam

Another here signed for Celtic is now on loan at Melbourne Victory and has 9 Australia caps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Rogi%C4%87

Last edited by Masuka; 29-04-14 at 22:34.

Gonna sit own with a nice cup of tea and watch this vid now. I love stuff like this

Gonna sit own with a nice cup of tea and watch this vid now. I love stuff like this
    Well worth it. Enjoy!