Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Being and keeping Realistic

Bucksred

Default Being and keeping Realistic

okay so it's great to get two wins in a row, I think we all agree this was long overdue!

However it's a time about being realistic, we beat (with respect to both Clubs) two out of form teams as the league table suggests and given the money pumped into our Club it's been a frustrating last two months to say the least. Great to have Vaughan back (class player) Our last game against Leeds only highlighted our unwillingness to close down the opposition defence (especially the second half) and I have to say I was left un-entertained. I would not have minded this result two months ago, but as we've slid so far down the table, it's not good enough in my opinion and i feel to late in the day. We have to rely on other teams to falter now and that's just not good enough. What's wrong with putting some pressure on the Leeds defence and it left me feeling sorry for Derbyshire not being able to complete his hatrick and explains why so many of our strikers don't score enough I.E we sit far too deep and don't press the ball-frustrating

I'm all for the academy players getting there chance and hope to see some serious changes when Pearce is in charge, but feel we are just not good enough and think the next two games will highlight this. Hobbs is the player I think Nottingham a Forest have missed the most out of all our injuries and I'm still NOT sure where or what is going on with Abdoun and Djebbour, anyone know? Just my opinion

Last edited by Bucksred; 24-04-14 at 23:22.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Being and keeping Realistic

nearly got a bite

Pride on the pitch is pride in me.

A win is a win.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    A win is a win.
    It is what it is..

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Bucksred

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    A win is a win.

I'd have agreed with you had it been a month or two back, however that's not the case.

Bucksred

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post

Was there pride in the second half against Leeds?

Bucksred

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    It is what it is..

Lol, I've been missing that comment.

Realism is an illusion created by sensory input. Your reality: particularly so.

Really though, if we finish below 6th, we weren't good enough over the season to finish higher. That's realistic.

I'm just glad that the last few games are giving opportunities for positivity in the future. i.e. young players getting a chance, and we are still in with a chance for playoffs with 2 games to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksred View Post
    Was there pride in the second half against Leeds?
    In our defending. Made a change to see us so solid again!

Realistically, Pearce is in charge in a bit, and will guide us towards sanity. In the meantime we have between two and five games to play. I pray it's either two, or five and a part. Anything else will probably do for half the population of this forum. Seriously, there's going to be aneurysms.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Fail View Post
    Realistically, Pearce is in charge in a bit, and will guide us towards sanity. In the meantime we have between two and five games to play. I pray it's either two, or five and a part. Anything else will probably do for half the population of this forum. Seriously, there's going to be aneurysms.
    Will it be an Aortic or Cerebral aneurysm? In my case I've got loads of cholesterol (don't know if it's the "good" one!).

For sure if we beat feckin Dierby in the playoffs I don't give a shite how I die or which aneurysm I had. Simples.

COYR's

The damage had been done as soon as it was taken out of our hands.
    I agree it's important to praise good performances and results. But equally important to not paper over the cracks.
    I suppose that is one of the reasons I am against renewing Derbyshire's contract.

Bucksred

Quote Originally Posted by ForestinLancs View Post
    In our defending. Made a change to see us so solid again!
    I call it desperate! 11 men behind the ball. Boring and no surprise we lost again, 1 up front when we need a win??

Bucksred

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    The damage had been done as soon as it was taken out of our hands.
    I agree it's important to praise good performances and results. But equally important to not paper over the cracks.
    I suppose that is one of the reasons I am against renewing Derbyshire's contract.

I'm afraid Pearce might have to put his boots on.

Bucksred

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Fail View Post

Realistically, Pearce is a Nottingham Forest idol, what teams has he got promoted?, didn't he manage us briefly before and what happened?. My all time player favourite along with Keane, just hope he does well.
    Let's say 1 game to go shall we and be realistic.............?

Realistically, Pearce is a Nottingham Forest idol, what teams has he got promoted?, didn't he manage us briefly before and what happened?. My all time player favourite along with Keane, just hope he does well.
    Let's say 1 game to go shall we and be realistic.............?
    He picked eleven outfield players and forgot the goalkeeper

I call it desperate! 11 men behind the ball. Boring and no surprise we lost again, 1 up front when we need a win??
    Today, maybe, but no opinion from me as I wasn't there. Monday 2-0 up and against a side we controlled by that tactic - and an opinion because I was there. Simples!