153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sign him up again.

27 17.65%
  • Unsure! I've no opinion.

29 18.95%
  • Get rid ASAP please.

97 63.40%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Simon Cox - extend or eject?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    Why is he heavy? I agree he is but he's a professional footballer who gets paid handsomely. No excuse.
    Depression? Estrogen dominance? His woman is a feeder?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Kebabs.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Drink.

He's not fat... he's just big boned

That one really big bone that goes around his waist

Look at how happy that fat toddler is. Just do what makes you happy. If eating pork rind makes Cox feel alive then he should do it

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    He's not fat... he's just big boned

This lad still looks as though hes got more pace than Simon Cox and given his apetite he wouldn't get caught offside so many ruddy times ... and would likely score more !

Bloody well SING HIM UP

I think he is shocking , He needs to learn the offside rule and learn to score goals sadly I don't think he will be able to do either. get rid.

He works hard and runs around a lot, but a striker needs to score goals and worry the defensive of the other team. cox simply doesn't do that and never fills you with confidence that he will grab a brace.

I don't think he is any good whatsoever, his got nothing to his game that I think could be useful. I think we should dump him on the iPrideless doorstep.

I bet even they'd turn the lights off and pretend their not home.

Could be that our midfield players don't spot his runs in time,or that he makes those early runs to make space for others.Maybe its up to the players to spot if someone is offside before passing to them.
    Or maybe there is not enough movement any where on the pitch.He is an inside right,not a No9, too many percentage balls aimed in his direction,not enough balls to feet.
    Just my opinion.

Last edited by Jim Baxter; 24-04-14 at 18:06.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Baxter View Post
    Could be that our midfield players don't spot his runs in time,or that he makes those early runs to make space for others.Maybe its up to the players to spot if someone is offside before passing to them.
    Or maybe there is not enough movement any where on the pitch.He is an inside right,not a No9, too many percentage balls aimed in his direction,not enough balls to feet.
    Just my opinion.
    Exactly.

So it's Andy Reid's fault for not spotting that he's offside? Hmm. It's usually only a matter of inches.

A few inches makes a big difference!

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    A few inches makes a big difference!
    I'd say the consistent nature of his offside runs indicates that the blame lies with him. He needs a stern telling off

Edit: I've only just realised what you were alluding too. I'm an idiot

Last edited by tropix; 24-04-14 at 20:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Baxter View Post
    Just my opinion.
    I Agree

Also he's not being used correctly.

Anyone think when they are foaming at the mouth that If he's not in the box it might be because he's been told to play out wide?

Plays on the shoulder so gets caught offside. Plenty of good players get caught offside. Eventually flag stays down and he's left one on one.....where bereft of confidence from people bollocking him from the stands about not being in the box or being caught offside, he misses.

I'd say the consistent nature of his offside runs indicates that the blame lies with him. He needs a stern telling off

Edit: I've only just realised what you were alluding too. I'm an idiot

He's a keeper for me. He puts together runs of scoring.. Too inconsistently I grant but he really is not a bad player to have in the squad.

I've asked before but I may as well ask again - when was the last time he had a clean, crisp shot on goal? He just doesn't shoot. Little Pato is more of a forward than he'll ever be... these are the sorts of players we need if we want to get promoted. I'm not saying Cox is poor but he's just completely lacking inspiration these days
    I think trying Paterson up front is a great shout. He has all the attributes needed to play a bit further up the field and if given a full season there would bag 20 goals easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Coops View Post
    I think trying Paterson up front is a great shout. He has all the attributes needed to play a bit further up the field and if given a full season there would bag 20 goals easily.
    Quite a statement for a player who himself has a showreel of misses this season.

Paterson's strength is cutting in from wide and from deep, not with his back to goal as the furthest man forward.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Quite a statement for a player who himself has a showreel of misses this season.

Paterson's strength is cutting in from wide and from deep, not with his back to goal as the furthest man forward.
    In your opinion. Playing a bit further up the field doesn't necessarily mean playing with your back to goal especially if you're the second striker.

Also, he has 12 goals in 25 starts this season and all some miserable b@satards care about are the ones he's missed!!!

Last edited by Super Coops; 25-04-14 at 08:30.

Best served cold

Spot on. Paterson is an excellent winger, and causes so many problems cutting in from out wide.

As for Simon Cox, I honestly think he has a lot of talent, we just don't see it in a Forest shirt sadly.

I am not sure he has done anything to deserve a contract extension, but knowing our luck he will have an amazing season next year and then leave for free.

Will be interesting to see if Pearce can get more out of him

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

I'd say Pato's greatest strengths are his quick feet and his ability to place his shots, so that could easily translate to a central role. To be honest he's good wherever he plays

He doesn't have a 'showreel' of misses either. Christ! He's only just come into the team in the second half of the season and he's been a revelation.

Don't wanna derail the thread but... Hail Pato

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

He's scored 20 goals this (first) season fro me on FIFA 14 doing exactly that. And we know FIFA is never wrong.