Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fawaz' premier league war kitty

Banned

Default Fawaz' premier league war kitty

I have for the last hour or so been looking for a news article that was a interview with Fawaz and his ambitions for premier league glory and to get the 3rd star on forest shirts. I read it about 6 months ago and even then I can't remember how old the interview was. Fawaz reportedly said that he had put 200 million to one side to buy players when we get to the premier league.
    I have been thinking about that article due to all the talk of Moyes not being trusted with spending the Glazers 200 million.

Anyway, do you guys think that if we go up this season or next, do you think Stuart Pearce or the club in general will be able to attract top players? Do you think we have any edge over other clubs upon our return? I know it would be super hard to get a player that has the other option of joining a club with competition in Europe. Do you see us spending many seasons struggling to maintain a mid table position and Fawaz' pockets being bled dry?

Last edited by Newark Faith; 23-04-14 at 02:41.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Default Re: Fawaz' premier league war kitty

I wouldn't hold my breath tbh. I dare say there'll be a bit more csah avail, and I dare say Fawaz will back the manager, but 200m? Nah.

Nothing like keeping our feet on the ground eh?

Banned

Why does it seem so unrealistic? He openly says that he wants to be the one to drive forest to a third European trophy and is obviously desperate to get to premier league for that purpose. He's surely not daft enough to think hes going to do it cheaply and its not like 200m would be that much to him.

£200m would not be that much to him!? Who do you think owns us?

Enzo Molinari

I want to sleep with Mila Kunis, not gonna happen

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Newark Faith View Post
    Why does it seem so unrealistic? He openly says that he wants to be the one to drive forest to a third European trophy and is obviously desperate to get to premier league for that purpose. He's surely not daft enough to think hes going to do it cheaply and its not like 200m would be that much to him.
    I think we hit a limit on purchases this year which seemed to be around the 3m mark with the likes of Leadbitter, Austin, Wickham etc. all being rumoured, but never quite being landed (Leadbitter I think was stated as a case of a bit pricey)

I know the Prem will boost our income, but i can't see a team which won't break a 3m pricetag easily spending 200m.

You are obviously one of those who believed everything that was said in that staged interview with Nat Jackson, if he had that sort of money he would have thrown it at us ages ago to get us out this league to gain the riches of the Prem.
    He is a brilliant chairman but unfortunately he does not tell the truth about his wealth.
    Do you believe he could have purchased Real Madrid and Barcelona?

Banned

From my research, he is personally worth 1.6 billion and thats not including his family

Banned

And get real, You cant just throw money at getting out of the championship. What player would come here with other options?

Who cares Anyway...?

From my research, he is personally worth 1.6 billion and thats not including his family
    What research? That's a genuine question by the way.

Banned

For some reason I cant edit post to add things or reply with quotes from people. This forum is freaking out on me so sorry for the repeated posts.

Banned

What research, Do some yourself, Google is your friend. Look at the kuwaiti rich list.

Banned

I do apologize, my 'research' is actually a financial anylsts estimate but im sure he isnt that far off. It says fawaz has never revealed his wealth.

I think by now Fawaz has realised that money doesn't necessarily buy you football happiness and that football has a way of kicking you in the teeth. It's all a bit harder than he thought.

Who cares Anyway...?

So your research is you googled it and found that no one's really quite sure what his wealth is?

Who cares Anyway...?

Assuming he is worth 1.6 billion, how does that mean 200 million is nothing to him? That like suggesting someone with £16,000 would happily just chuck £2,000 of it away.

Last edited by Rigler; 23-04-14 at 09:33.

Banned

Yes I suppose the financial anylists that have articles show up on a Google search are obviously bullshit, because you know, everything that google returns is bullshit.

Your right, the reading that I have done about the estimates of his wealth could be wrong. But they aren't definatley wrong, so there's no need to try belittling me. His car collection looked to be worth about 100m? He was also confident enough to purchase a club what, 85m+ in debt and spend how much to date?

Banned

I said 200m not grand and your determined to take this off topic to have a pop at me aren't you. I was just asking for what people thought about what he said in a interview a while back.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Leicester red View Post
    You are obviously one of those who believed everything that was said in that staged interview with Nat Jackson, if he had that sort of money he would have thrown it at us ages ago to get us out this league to gain the riches of the Prem.
    He is a brilliant chairman but unfortunately he does not tell the truth about his wealth.
    Do you believe he could have purchased Real Madrid and Barcelona?
    No, as they can't actually be bought.

Who cares Anyway...?

I said 200m not grand and your determined to take this off topic to have a pop at me aren't you. I was just asking for what people thought about what he said in a interview a while back.
    Sorry, I meant million, I put grand by mistake. Plus I'm not trying to have a pop at you, just not convinced I believe he's in a position to throw anything like £200 million at the club.

I don't want Fawaz to just throw money at our club, I want him to spend it where needed. In hindsight, there was no need for him to panic buy in January, or throw £8m or whatever it was at Jordan Rhodes, as it'd have done us no good.

In the Premier League? If he thinks he can bring someone in who will truly make a difference then why not, I just hope he isn't one of these people that would be fooled into thinking offering loads of wages to someone like Nicholas Anelka would be worthwhile.

You seem to have taken those early interviews at face value. I don't recall him ever being quoted as saying he's put £200M aside to buy players in the PL, but maybe you can provide a reference/link for that?

Even if he did have a desire to spend £200M on players, we'd fall foul of FIFA FFP rules (we just wouldn't have a big enough income to be able to justify that expenditure) so we be banned from Europe anyway. I'm fairly confident that the '3rd Star' statement was a throw-away comment without a solid plan to back it up. Think about it for a minute - the last club from a city of comparable size was Opporto in 2004 (managed by Mourinho) and before that you have to go back to the 1980s. In other words, forget it, it was naïve and ridiculous for Fawaz to make statements like that. He could throw £1.6BN at it and we still wouldn't do it because it just ain't feasible for a club from a city the size of Nottingham anymore. You could offer Messi and his ilk £1M a week and I doubt he'd sign. That kind of player will never play for a club like ours again unless they come from our Academy.

I also think your 'financial analysts' assessment of Fawaz's wealth lacks hard evidence too. The best estimate I've seen is about £300M for the Al Hasawi family, of which Fawaz is unlikely to have overall control. He's a good owner, but he's not a billionaire I'm sure of that.

Sorry to be a bit scathing, but you did ask

Well throwing money at the club seemed to do the job for Leicester and Cardiff.