Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank god we didn't get Warnock

Default Thank god we didn't get Warnock

Neil Warnock pretty much put that Leeds team together, what a load of shite... Worst team i've seen all season, absolutely no quality. Without McCormack they'd have gone down imo.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Default Re: Thank god we didn't get Warnock

This^ x10000

Warnock's brand of footy would have drove most of us crackers too. Fuck him, fuck him right in his Colin Wanker's bumeye.

Imagine if he'd got his way and dropped Lascelles like he wanted to do according to the rumours.

Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan ad infinitum

Ow I see Brazil has one two games now, beat two very poor teams and all of sudden Brazil is a better choice fair enough people didnt want Warnock but put him up against Brazil just as a temp then there is no contest. Colin is dick Ill give you all that.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    This^ x10000

Warnock's brand of footy would have drove most of us crackers too. Fuck him, fuck him right in his Colin Wanker's bumeye.
    What is a wankers bumeye? Some kind of sti? I'm laughing a lot more than I should be here

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    Neil Warnock pretty much put that Leeds team together, what a load of shite... Worst team i've seen all season, absolutely no quality. Without McCormack they'd have gone down imo.
    Awful dirty team with wank donkey footballers except for Mccormack.
    I think the Ipswich team Mcarthy has put together is similar. All physicality and no guile.

Warnock would have us higher up than were we are now. Even if u hate him he generally gets results (other than at Leeds)

Bucksred

Under Brazil we play far too deep and Greening is not good enough (my opinion). We never put Leeds defence under any pressure and in the 2nd half sat deep and invited Leeds to attack. Thankfully they looked void of any ideas, as for Warnock he's a quality Manager in the Championship.

But Warnock didn't put OUR team together.
    He offered us Lee Peltier who has done well since arriving.
    He said we would play a more attacking style of football with Mackie & Hendo playing up front TOGETHER with Patto providing some ammo.

I cannot believe you think the style of football we are playing is better than any other manager could improve on, as someone that has seen everyone of Brazils games WE ARE SHIT, playing shit football and have been lucky to win against two of the worst teams in the division.

I'm not totally blaming GB because its certainly not his fault, but I do think Warnock would have had us in a better position.

Guys, I love my team but Im not prepared to wear my rose tinted glasses till the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky tree travel View Post
    But Warnock didn't put OUR team together.
    He offered us Lee Peltier who has done well since arriving.
    He said we would play a more attacking style of football with Mackie & Hendo playing up front TOGETHER with Patto providing some ammo.

I cannot believe you think the style of football we are playing is better than any other manager could improve on, as someone that has seen everyone of Brazils games WE ARE SHIT, playing shit football and have been lucky to win against two of the worst teams in the division.

I'm not totally blaming GB because its certainly not his fault, but I do think Warnock would have had us in a better position.

Guys, I love my team but Im not prepared to wear my rose tinted glasses till the summer.
    I don't get this post at all...

This 'shit' forest side has just walked over a team mae up mostly of Neil Warnock, without breaking a sweat.

Paul Green
    Ryan Hall
    Steve Morison
    Luke Varney
    Michael Tonge
    Habib Habibou

Just a few of his signings, could you imagine turning up week in week out to watch signings like that kick teams to death in the hope of winning games.

You've put him playing Mackie and Henderson up front together as if it's a good thing Thank god he's never going to be part of our club

I think you have missed my point.

He would have had to play the squad that Billy put together, he potentially would have joined us on deadline day for loans.

I am delighted that Pearce is our new manager but would have loved Warnock here for the 9 games.

My point on the forward 3 is about putting round pegs in round holes.

Warnock should never be considered as a full time post, but he would have got more out of our currant group than GB has.

Banned

I think, especially with other sides faltering around us, that a Warnock inspired side would have seen us in the top six, not saying it would have been pretty or even inspirational football, but his experience and knowledge would have been invaluable, over the very short term.

Warnock vs Gary brazil?

Give it a rest lol take them rose tinted glasses off

It does make you wonder why he didn't take it?.As his main gripe of being told to pick or field players by the owner has not been forced on Brazil.
    I actually question his desire for the game nowadays. I think he's probably better out of the game now because if he's lost the hunger he is missing his main strength.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Whether he'd be better than Brazil or not is another matter, but as someone who made a fair amount of Sheff U games under Warnock when we were not playing or playing miles away and I can hand on heart say it's a blessing that he's not here.

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    It does make you wonder why he didn't take it?.As his main gripe of being told to pick or field players by the owner has not been forced on Brazil.
    I actually question his desire for the game nowadays. I think he's probably better out of the game now because if he's lost the hunger he is missing his main strength.
    It could have been just purely a suggestion that he play Abdoun from his quotes of what was actually said, that's all I've really managed to pick out of it.

Maybe he just saw that combined with a couple of other news stories from 12 months ago was enough to put him off. It was a tough job, very very short term job to walk into in the first place, to then have any slight doubts you've probably got to say no. I do recall him saying it could have got really embarrassing if a couple of losses had happened. He was one of a number of managers (including the one we've ended up getting) to turn it down for right now anyway.

That team was very, very poor. At the end of the day it's McDermotts now, it's like saying it's David Platt that made Hart's team so good. It just don't work like that.

But we weren't much better either really. Don't forget that!

Whilst I agree with the general sentiment of the thread (my season ticket would've gone in the Trent had we appointed Colin!) the Gary Brazil love fest happening across this forum based on 2 very average performances is a bit vomit inducing.

Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan ad infinitum

Quote Originally Posted by bhastings316 View Post
    Whilst I agree with the general sentiment of the thread (my season ticket would've gone in the Trent had we appointed Colin!) the Gary Brazil love fest happening across this forum based on 2 very average performances is a bit vomit inducing.

I go to a football match to see my team win. I had a good time yesterday and enjoyed the banter and the game.

I don't then sit down at the keyboard and start thinking of ways to ruin a perfectly good day out.

For heavens sake, lighten up. Gary Brazil may not be the Messiah, but he's our manager for just two more matches (possibly!)give him a cheer.

Quote Originally Posted by bhastings316 View Post
    I think average is harsh. A desire to win is evident now, flash back to how poor it was vs Charlton and the improvement from that we saw yesterday? He has done a good job and you would be very foolish to think otherwise!

Picked up a team in a very low place, struggled initially but given time has created a completely new, exciting team from an injury stricken squad. Think before you type next time.

Impressive member

I would rather get to the end with Brazil, then let Pearce have a go of it next season, rather than risk letting Warnock get his grubby sausage fingers on our team. What needs fixing at the club could not be done in just 9 games. The faint hope of him getting us promoted would have been too much to risk, because what he would have brought would be more Changing Rooms than Grand Designs - short term fixes that have no substance, and end up costing you more in the long run.

At the risk of staying in the Championship for a little while longer, I think we'd do well to bide our time and get promoted in the right way, like Leicester for example (and I say that with Gary Brazil in charge).

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I go to a football match to see my team win. I had a good time yesterday and enjoyed the banter and the game.

I don't then sit down at the keyboard and start thinking of ways to ruin a perfectly good day out.

For heavens sake, lighten up. Gary Brazil may not be the Messiah, but he's our manager for just two more matches (possibly!)give him a cheer.
    100% agree BUT I still fancy seeing some good football.

For the last 15 games (some would say more) we just have not been entertained.

You can tell we won a game, eh?

2 wins vs 7 Promotions and a 40% win ratio. Yep, Brazil is the man for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky tree travel View Post
    100% agree BUT I still fancy seeing some good football.

For the last 15 games (some would say more) we just have not been entertained.
    This ^

Hanging on for dear life at home to a terrible Birmingham team and surrendering all possession and territory against a toothless Leeds team is not fun to watch. We didn't even try to retain possession, just lumped it long and reset. We are playing terribly to my eyes, but we have won a couple so you take the positives, those wins are not fooling me into expecting anything remotely entertaining from now until the end of the season though.

Banned

Can we just forget about what ifs and get behind Brazil and the lads for the last 2 games ffs!