Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Last Ever BD Thread

Default The Last Ever BD Thread

Can we wipe him from our history like Stalin sis with his enemies? Billy gets mentioned in every single thread and I for one have had enough.
    He is our past and not a successful one so let's never mention the poison dwarf again. Let this be the last and only thread he's mentioned in and ban anyone that mentions him in any other future thread.
    Time to move on.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: The Last Ever BD Thread

This

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Yaay.

Another Billy Davies thread.

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Last one standing

Quote Originally Posted by Brettgo View Post
    Let this be the last and only thread he's mentioned in and ban anyone that mentions him in any other future thread.
    Time to move on.
    Best just ban Alf in anticipation then.

Next person to start a Billy thread wins.

He needs his own sub forum "Billy Banter" XD

Devils favourite advocate

All his fans could meet in there and tell little antidotes about the cute things he used to do ...

Senior Pol

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sutton's lazy eye View Post
    All his fans could meet in there and tell little antidotes about the cute things he used to do ...
    Well, some say they do need to be cured.

"Charlie don't surf for his hamburger momma!!"

Banned

Still cringe at that interview between Macbeth and the ginger one, complete with true and false paddles !.

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Best just ban Alf in anticipation then.
    This!^

The whole Billy saga has become quite horror villian-esq, and if you watch the Elm Street series and picture Billy as Freddy then there's quite a lot of parallels

Freddy's ace. Any bloke resurrected by a dog pissing flames on your grave deserves maximum respect. That's how I hope Billy returns next time. Or Maybe bursting out of the new CEO's chest to pin a journo up against a wall and gut him.

And now we've a bloke in charge called "Psycho!" it truly is the Nottm Forest Horror Show *puts Frankenfurter tights on*

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 15-04-14 at 08:53.

What I would like to know is the truth of what was going on behind the scenes with Billy.
    Does it matter? Yes it does. I was a fan of Billy and all of what happened behind the scenes needs to be known. It would help Fawaz for a start and enable people to draw a line under the Bilky years. The NEP is quite vitriolic about Billy today. We need to know the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker's Dog View Post
    What I would like to know is the truth of what was going on behind the scenes with Billy.
    Does it matter? Yes it does. I was a fan of Billy and all of what happened behind the scenes needs to be known. It would help Fawaz for a start and enable people to draw a line under the Bilky years. The NEP is quite vitriolic about Billy today. We need to know the truth.
    Here's my totally speculative take on it.

A total blanket of negative propaganda which would put the nazi's to shame starts sowing the seeds of doubt in Fawaz' and fan's mind about the whole situation early doors. Every single angle is picked apart and any alleged minor flaw highlighted and blown out of proportion. Combined with fan pressure, Fawaz get's influenced into shifting his stance from "Billy is my Ferguson" to "hold up, I need to change a few bits here and now" (rightly or wrongly is up to you).

Come Jan transfer window and Billy's vision and plan suddenly hits a snag in that Fawaz is being told that we need a new CEO, that Billy is vastly under-performing being 2 pts off 2nd place, and that players like Hobbs are bad value at under 1m. Now with far less faith in Billy & his setup and having to endure the oh so painful position of being cemented in the top 6, Price's role is (IMO rightly, but wrong timing) reduced upsetting Billy (despite no-one else stepping in to take over said duties) and Fawaz decides he's got a few other players on the radar which he's sooner have here instead of more of Billy's "under-performing" auto pushing side.

Billy reacts like a nob, taking it personally and letting it get to him way more than he should. He then receives a striker who isn't up to the task of pushing us on this season, and a boat load of injuries follow. Fawaz is even more sucked in by the utterly crackers "even with injuries this sides top 3" claims, some fans can't wait to sack someone again, and division begets division, accumulating in Fawaz looking for the first real opportunity to get rid and not really giving much thought to anything after that.

Stuart Pearce chips in to save the day, and the press try to work out a way to apply pressure from the off, starting by painting the picture that all Pearce really has to do is pick the players up a bit........

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Paul-T...ail/story.html

Pure speculation like. I'm sure many others have their own theories.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 15-04-14 at 13:44.

This is not the last ever Billy Davies thread in the world. It's just a tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post

A total blanket of negative propaganda which would put the nazi's to shame starts sowing the seeds of doubt in Fawaz's and fan's mind about the whole situation early doors. Every single angle is picked apart and any alleged minor flaw highlighted and blown out of proportion. Combined with fan pressure, Fawaz get's influenced into shifting his stance on "Billy is my Ferguson" to "hold up, I need to change a few bits here and now" (rightly or wrongly is up to you).

Come Jan transfer window and Billy's vision and plan suddenly hits a snag in that Fawaz has been told we need a new CEO, that Billy is vastly under-performing being 2 pts off 2nd place, and that players like Hobbs are bad value at under 1m. Now with far less faith in Billy & his setup due to the almost painful position of being cemented in the top 6, Price's role is (IMO rightly, but wrong timing) reduced upsetting Billy (despite no-one else stepping in to take over said duties) and Fawaz decides he's got a few other players on the radar which he's sooner have here instead of more of Billy's "under-performing" auto pushing side.

Billy reacts like a nob, taking it personally and letting it get to him way more than he should. He then receives a striker who isn't up to the task of pushing us on this season, and a boat load of injuries follow. Fawaz is even more sucked in by the utterly crackers "even with injuries this sides top 3" claims, some fans can't wait to sack someone again, and division begets division, accumulating in Fawaz looking for the first real opportunity to get rid and not really giving much thought to anything after that.

Stuart Pearce chips in to save the day, and the press try to work out a way to apply pressure from the off, starting by painting the picture that all Pearce really has to do is pick the players up a bit........

I know you really liked the bloke, fair enough, I wasn't averse to Billy like some were, and found the Billy Out brigade a bit premature and slightly silly. Alf at least you can spot and admit to some of Billys faults, but I think your take on this saga seems like a very good possible explanation, I think we are all equally to blame for this one, Billy, The Players, Fawaz, The Media and the Fans to quite an extent as well.

Left Winger

Default The Last Ever BD Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    This is not the last ever Billy Davies thread in the world. It's just a tribute.
    ...or I'll eat your soul!!

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

A total blanket of negative propaganda which would put the nazi's to shame starts sowing the seeds of doubt in Fawaz's and fan's mind about the whole situation early doors. Every single angle is picked apart and any alleged minor flaw highlighted and blown out of proportion. Combined with fan pressure, Fawaz get's influenced into shifting his stance on "Billy is my Ferguson" to "hold up, I need to change a few bits here and now" (rightly or wrongly is up to you).

Come Jan transfer window and Billy's vision and plan suddenly hits a snag in that Fawaz has been told we need a new CEO, that Billy is vastly under-performing being 2 pts off 2nd place, and that players like Hobbs are bad value at under 1m. Now with far less faith in Billy & his setup due to the almost painful position of being cemented in the top 6, Price's role is (IMO rightly, but wrong timing) reduced upsetting Billy (despite no-one else stepping in to take over said duties) and Fawaz decides he's got a few other players on the radar which he's sooner have here instead of more of Billy's "under-performing" auto pushing side.

Good post and probably pretty close to the truth. I didn't know Jim Price had had his role reduced.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Can the mods just add the words "Billy" & "Davies" to the swear filter so they appear as "B***y" & D****s"?

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Can we wipe him from our history like Stalin sis with his enemies? Billy gets mentioned in every single thread and I for one have had enough.
    He is our past and not a successful one so let's never mention the poison dwarf again. Let this be the last and only thread he's mentioned in and ban anyone that mentions him in any other future thread.
    Time to move on.

Billy who?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    Can the mods just add the words "Billy" & "Davies" to the swear filter so they appear as "B***y" & D****s"?
    Bloody Davies?

The whole Billy saga has become quite horror villian-esq
    Billy the pantomine villain?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BDvillain.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	7124

There will be more Billy posts I'm sure. If Psycho fails some will say should we have stayed with Billy. If Pscho does well the anti-Billy brigade will raise them saying look how good we've done without him. Whatever else he is Billy is a character that will grace Forest boards for a while to come yet.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    Billy the pantomine villain?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BDvillain.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	7124

There will be more Billy posts I'm sure. If Psycho fails some will say should we have stayed with Billy. If Pscho does well the anti-Billy brigade will raise them saying look how good we've done without him. Whatever else he is Billy is a character that will grace Forest boards for a while to come yet.
    Defo! At least painting Pearce as one should prove far harder.

As a big horror fan I actually really like the idea of Billy as a anti-hero horror slasher fiend. It's inspired me to write a Micheal Jackson esq power ballad ala "Give in to me" about the lad too

Quote Originally Posted by Shipstones Pye Eater View Post
    I know you really liked the bloke, fair enough, I wasn't averse to Billy like some were, and found the Billy Out brigade a bit premature and slightly silly. Alf at least you can spot and admit to some of Billys faults, but I think your take on this saga seems like a very good possible explanation, I think we are all equally to blame for this one, Billy, The Players, Fawaz, The Media and the Fans to quite an extent as well.

Time to move on.
    Why mention him when you don't want him to be mentioned?

Don't know what you define success as, he's actually been our most successful manager in the past decade. Whether that's down to him being very good or the others being very bad doesn't matter. BD's teams at NFFC have been a pleasure to watch in comparison to the majority of other managers rubbish I've witnessed.

This is more of a Khrushchev style 'debillyisation'. They'll be taking down the Davies statue in Market Square tomorrow.

Er... BD? Bob Dylan?

How many clubs must Billy Davies manage
    Before you call him a manager?
    How many seas must owd Bill sail
    Before he sleeps in the sand?
    Yes, how many times must Bill speak out
    Before he's forever banned?
    The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind
    The answer is blowin' in the wind

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post