Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Forest Merchandise now available in the City Centre

Best served cold

Default Forest Merchandise now available in the City Centre

Just saw this on the NEP site

http://www.nottinghampost.com/City-c...ail/story.html

Apparently you can now buy Forest shirts and other bits and bobs from the Tourist Information Centre just off the square.

Thats a small positive!

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Forest Merchandise now available in the City Centre

This season's back on baby!!

Left Winger

Progress, at last.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Last one standing

We're gonna win the league!

RIP NFFC

No that's not right, is it?

Who cares Anyway...?

This is good news. I've thought for a long time that they're missing out by not doing this. Any number of foreign tourists may well impulse buy a football shirt from the town or city they're visiting.

The lack of presence of Forest in the community is probably my biggest gripe with the club going back years.

We should be making connections with the local area, or we will see our attendances dwindle and dwindle over the coming years. There are 1001 things we could be doing, starting with available merchandise in the City Centre, more community events and a stronger media (including social media) presence.

Look at Leicester Tigers, that is the model we should be following, not a day goes by when players aren't very visable in being involved in community projects, be it wrapping presents in sponsors shops, running skills clinics, or simply just attending charity functions.

Let's get more kids in the ground, more discounted tickets to local sports clubs etc, get them on the pitch at half time. More tours of the club, more entertainment around the ground and in the City Centre on match days.

I know some of these things 'kids for a quid' etc annoy some fans, but ultimately with the way the world is moving, we will have an empty stadium in 20 years,

It's a huge missed opportunity and the benefits of it are phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigler View Post
    This is good news. I've thought for a long time that they're missing out by not doing this. Any number of foreign tourists may well impulse buy a football shirt from the town or city they're visiting.
    Nevermind foreign tourists, kids are more likely to see the shirts and want one, and ultimately want to wear it to the ground and wear it on their holidays etc etc.

At the moment you have to be a Forest fan and actively seek out any merchandise. That's not the way we should be operating. The Kitbag deal has set us back years.

Who cares Anyway...?

Quote Originally Posted by youreds1986 View Post
    Nevermind foreign tourists, kids are more likely to see the shirts and want one, and ultimately want to wear it to the ground and wear it on their holidays etc etc.

At the moment you have to be a Forest fan and actively seek out any merchandise. That's not the way we should be operating. The Kitbag deal has set us back years.
    Agree 100%. The fact that you can't even buy Forest shirts in local sports shops is ridiculous. Go in to Sports direct in Chilwell and there are shit loads of Arsenal, Manure, Chelsea etc shirts but not a Forest one to be seen.

Last one standing

I'm sure when I was back in Nottingham over Christmas I spotted an NFFC stall in the christmas market on Long Row selling Forest kits and merchandise, but they shouldn't be limiting themselves to seasonal markets or events. A shop on Clumber Street, Old Market Square or even in one of the shopping centres would be very popular. Limiting yourselves to just the club shop is never a good idea, unless the ground happens to be in the city centre.

Left Winger

Back in the day, the club did have a shop in the City centre.

In Clumber Street I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    I'm sure when I was back in Nottingham over Christmas I spotted an NFFC stall in the christmas market on Long Row selling Forest kits and merchandise, but they shouldn't be limiting themselves to seasonal markets or events. A shop on Clumber Street, Old Market Square or even in one of the shopping centres would be very popular. Limiting yourselves to just the club shop is never a good idea, unless the ground happens to be in the city centre.
    The problem with it is, is that as it's own entity, a club shop probably doesn't 'make money' in a City Centre with attached overheads, however, I would argue that it will more than pay for itself with indirect income, increasing the brand and providing a base within the City Centre.

Just simply allowing the likes of Sports Direct, JD etc etc to sell our merchandise would be a start, at least make it easy to 'impulse' buy a shirt and allow for kids to nag mum and dad to buy a shirt and take them to a game.

If the parents aren't Forest fans, the kids have no hope really. Mum and Dad are more likely to pick them up a United shirt or take them to a Prem game.

When I was a kid I can genuinely remember tugging at my mums arm every time we went in a sports shop asking for the new Forest shirt, all my friends did the same. Lo and behold, come Christmas or a birthday, we would all get our new shirts and scarves and hats and training kits etc, all go to school and show them off and then all talk about how many games we wanted to go to.

That simply doesn't happen in the same way now, clubs outside the top 6 are seriously screwed unless they react to this and get into their communities and provide families a reason to support them.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Back in the day, the club did have a shop in the City centre.

In Clumber Street I think.
    It was located just around the corner in Lincoln Street.

With the lack of commitment from many players at the moment, who would want to pour money into the Forest coffers?

post deleted

Yes, I've bought Forest stuff in town. In fact, I'm wearing a rugby type top I bought there! Talk about coincidence.

Was once asked to play for England.

Kitbag type companies a the scurge of modern football.

The way we've been playing, we should have a "Forest suicide kit". Fucking thing would make the club millions in the short term, then bankrupt us.

Wandering around the CG

This is positive news.
    The merch being in town promotes the club and shows the city cares about its local sports teams, it's a healthy win win situation.

I saw some in the broadmarsh a few months back, in the newsagents on the upper floor. Just basic souvenirs like mugs, but still good to see.