Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The future and what it holds

Default The future and what it holds

I can well understand the euphoria surrounding the appointment of a club legend as manager,and looking forward to another season with optimism,but as anybody else thought of the scenario at the other end of the spectrum. Could the possibility of the club either being put up for sale or worse entering administration before Christmas, be on the horizon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: The future and what it holds

Yes frequently.

The Steve mc season is still haunting me and I fear it could be repeated.

I'm also worried of talk about fawaz digging deep to find out what price was up to, We could find dealings that could have us in trouble with the fa.

Uniquely incompetent as the FA may be, I'm not sure punishing a club for the actions of a rogue employee, who they sacked already, would make it past an appeal. Indeed one would have to wonder what the point in trying to support the club would be if that happened.

I'm only really interested in supporting Nottingham forest to compete fairly in a sport. If they can't do that then the FA will have freed up a lot of my spare time. We've gained no advantage from anything Price has done, because we're a shitty mess, going nowhere at present.

It's all about mid-table...

There's a hell of a lot of uncertainty. I think most supporters are both looking forward to the next campaign as well as fearing it.

Let's all worry about what hasn't happened yet!!! Good idea (no wonder this country has a depression problem)

My initial statement was to do with the finances.I have thought since the initial takeover that Fawaz was probably not the man with the actual purse strings.I think he as to wait for funds to be sanctioned, this could well explain the delay in some of the payments,the avoidance of a winding up order ,most recently Derby reporting us for non-payment as well as the rumours regarding the failure to pay fees to clubs for players, on time.
    If there is some benefactor looking at this from afar he well conclude that though Fawaz is a "Hail felow well met " sort of guy,he has made a right "pigs ear " of the last two seasons and therefore might issue him with an unequivocal "nolle prosequi".

Rice 34

Could go either way but more optimistic about our long term prospects now than at beginning of season.

Zycomm Two Way Radio

Do we know for sure that Price was sacked at the same time as Billy?

Worry fret panic anxiety woe fear uncertainty problems trouble disaster failure doom collapse damage crisis etc.

Despite all the above and more like them being an obligatory inclusion in every discussion about Forest for the past fifteen years and more, we're somehow still a big club with some excellent players, an enthusiastic and wealthy owner, a large and loyal fanbase and a glittering history, regularly competing in the top half of the Championship and about to welcome home a club legend as manager, so things can't be that bad really. So leave your dad's computer alone for once, get yourself outdoors and enjoy the rest of the holiday cos you're back to school a week tomorrow.

Left Winger

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

I just wish we'd learn to build the future step by step in significant but solid increments, instead of looking for this big magic leap forward all the time.

I'm worried, I can see Pearce's hero status only getting him so far, before a McClaren style disaster which leads to Fawaz riding off into the sunset, leaving us without even a twig to paddle with. Hope I'm totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    I'm worried, I can see Pearce's hero status only getting him so far, before a McClaren style disaster which leads to Fawaz riding off into the sunset, leaving us without even a twig to paddle with. Hope I'm totally wrong.
    The hope which I hold for that is Pearce's attitude and the way he's come in.

McClown came in on a wing and a prayer, and was essentially just having a bit of a laugh and fun under the assumption he could wing it no probs and get some old mates here in the process.

Pearce will at least be focused on the job in hand. Whether he's good enough is a different matter, but his attitude will count for a lot IMO.

Last one standing

Stop overthinking things! None of this negativity will come to pass, Stuart Pearce will 'do a cloughie' and lead us to the Championship and Premier League titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    The hope which I hold for that is Pearce's attitude and the way he's come in.

McClown came in on a wing and a prayer, and was essentially just having a bit of a laugh and fun under the assumption he could wing it no probs and get some old mates here in the process.

Pearce will at least be focused on the job in hand. Whether he's good enough is a different matter, but his attitude will count for a lot IMO.
    I know this is way off beam and I hate it when threads deviate from the original, and hopefully I won't be the cause of this,but I do just have to say Alf your Avatars are what can only be described as shit hot.

Quote Originally Posted by derbyshirered View Post
    I know this is way off beam and I hate it when threads deviate from the original, and hopefully I won't be the cause of this,but I do just have to say Alf your Avatars are what can only be described as shit hot.

It's the core glue which binds the forum Many a thread would descend into spiteful arguments if we all weren't sat there with a hand on our cocks, and experience post ejac euphoria every handful of posts.

That's the theory anyway

I remember Pompey fans hoping everything would turn out ok.

Our wage bill is way too high to be sustainable without getting into that 1st Division. Huge losses are inevitable without selling our best assets.

That's not being negative, it is what it is.

STUART PEARCE. The circle is complete and glory is just around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by chib-e View Post

Did Jim Price leave any brown paper envelopes laying around?

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988 View Post
    Did Jim Price leave any brown paper envelopes laying around?
    Yes, but they were empty !

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    I remember Pompey fans hoping everything would turn out ok.

Our wage bill is way too high to be sustainable without getting into that 1st Division. Huge losses are inevitable without selling our best assets.

That's not being negative, it is what it is.
    To be successful you choose a vision and need to back it all the way to completion to stand a chance. We have failed to do that with the last two managers. We now stand in a very precarious position. The reluctancy to accept that we have made mistakes does not help matters either. Fawaz has listened to far too many soldiers and not enough chiefs. Replacing Billy with Brazil shows a monumental level of stupidity, and Fawaz needs to stop listening to the fans who suggested it (even though they will claim that they did not because they are too dumb to realize that sacking without a proper replacement is doing just that).

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker's Dog View Post
    Do we know for sure that Price was sacked at the same time as Billy?
    He wasn't even employed by the club for the last few months.

He even took to wearing a highly-visible 'guest' pass on a lanyard at the CG on matchdays (unlike anyone else in the directors' box). Presumably for the benefit of any interested journos and/or FL officials.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 14-04-14 at 09:04.

Quote Originally Posted by chib-e View Post
    I really do hope you are correct.

The white knight rides up to the castle on the 1st July ready to build the new camelot.
    Lets just hope that when he crosses the drawbridge he doesn't find that what he's actually got is the Co-op bank.

Like most others who have supported this club for a long time, I just support the club and watch the football. I watch and listen with interest to the antics of Billy and his ilk, but mostly I just adopt a resigned air and get back to watching the football. In time, trophies come and go, owners (Committees as was) come and go, but we live on, just hoping for the best.

Don't beat yourself up over the future or mortgage your hopes on it, just enjoy NFFC for what it is and always has been.

Just the best club in the land.