Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help for an article: Sacking Davies poll

Default Help for an article: Sacking Davies poll

Hi guys, I'm gaUging fans opinion to use in an article or two, could you help? I have/will have posted this question on the other forums as well, no need to answer if you already have elsewhere.

The question: If you were Fawaz, after the Derby game, what would your plans have been regarding the managerial position?

1) No plans to sack Billy.

2) Keep Billy until the end of the season and review the situation.

3) Sack Billy immediately.

You can make up your own options as well if you like.

I think I missed a trick in not asking this straight after the game - I'm relying on you lot not to use the hindsight of the results since the sacking. This is intended to be what you would have done at the time - but if your opinion has changed since, this would also be something I'm interested in.

Thanks in advance, I may want to quote you in an article, if you don't want this let me know.

FB

Last edited by Forest Boffin; 13-04-14 at 16:54.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Help for an article: Sacking Davies poll

3. Getting rid was simply the only option after the defeat and the manner of the performances in recent months.

Learn to spell "gauging" correctly and you might have a chance.

Then again, you might have meant "gagging".

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

I think the writing was on the wall before the game even kicked off and he was a dead man walking. The result, I'd suggest, was almost immaterial in events.

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Losing 5-0 to Derby is an instant sacking for gross misconduct.

Last edited by Tutts; 13-04-14 at 16:58.

Lol. Where is my U? Has anybody seen a U? Bloody keyboard. I cut and past it too so it's all over the interweb! Thanks for the heads-up.

I would had got a better plan B before applying plan A.

2 for me but I think that Billy was a dead man walking before the game started. I suspect that Billy was aware of that too.

Sack him!!

3) Sack Billy immediately.

Most people who would have said 2) would only be saying it because of our recent results. He had to go, all talk, treated Forest and Forest fans of a way to get revenge on people.

Too School for Cool

Billy knew that with everything else that'd happened he'd probably be sacked if we lost to Derby.

We got thrashed. He knew he was a goner.

When he was here the first time and when he appeared in the media after he was sacked he always talked about how great the fans were and yet after a defeat to our local rivals, after which he knew he would never manage Forest again, he just walked off, no interview, no nothing.

The man was a class A twat - I wanted him gone at the time, and as shit as we've become since, and as poor a manager as Gary Brazil is, I wouldn't have him back for all the trophies in the world.

3, in other words.

2) We've thrown the season away with no benefit to us. His replacement arriving only in July is bizarre and makes us look like an embarrassing joke.

2. It's Fawaz's duty to run a business best he can, which should always mean taking the most thought through course of action which puts the club in the best position. Initially and long term. Sacking Billy without replacing with better rendered the imediacy of the sacking pointless.

If only to fully lay the ghost of Billy to rest and give him enough rope to hang himself he should have stayed till season end. As it is we'll continue to hear about him until we do better than he did. Something no-one else other than Hart has done in 15 years.

If we face relegation, those who hate him will hear more about him than they ever did before.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    As it is we'll continue to hear about him until we do better than he did.
    Wonder who will be reminding us.

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    Wonder who will be reminding us.
    Did I start the thread?

You can't blame human nature on me mate Plenty of fans think we've been short changed. Again.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 13-04-14 at 17:17.

2) Knowing that no manager would come in it has to be 2 I would rather have a manager in the run in then a very average caretaker who has won 1 in nearly 30 games its cutting off your nose to spite your face the only benefit I have seen and felt is radio interviews if I am being brutally honest.

I wanted him to have until the end of the season, before the Derby game, but after the 5-0 defeat I wanted him gone straight away. Still glad he's gone and glad he'll never have a job at this football club ever again. The unfinished business he had here, had nothing to do with getting us into the premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    Did I start the thread?

You can't blame human nature on me mate Plenty of fans think we've been short changed. Again.

I should hope so, but that's not stopping most of your posts slanting towards your opinion that binning Billy was an error. Await the ultra-defensive Alf cornering himself pleading his innocence.

Not that type of player

2. Review at the end of the season. With Davies' record of always finishing top six, any new manager coming in would have to have guaranteed promotion to make sacking him worthwhile.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

I should hope so, but that's not stopping most of your posts slanting towards your opinion that binning Billy was an error. Await the ultra-defensive Alf cornering himself pleading his innocence.
    Innocence at what? Expressing an opinion on a forum? My opinion is that there were better courses of action we could have taken than the one we did, and that said options were all in our own hands. If you expect me to not express that when people ask questions relating to it then you need to review what you think a forum is used for.

Option 1

My answer would have been 1 after the game.

I would now say 2 after a few weeks of reading other people's opinions of why he needed to go.

Definitely not 3, he hadn't failed yet. It looked all over after defeats to Swansea, Leeds and Reading made it 9 without a win 3 years ago, yet we still made the play offs.

I didnt like Billy in the end but what improvement have you seen since he left? If you dont care about results then say it instead of just saying he had to go I would respect your position if you just said that missing out on the playoffs was better for Forest as Davies had to go, also their no denying we had a better chance with Davies structure then Brazil and gilligan. The only improvement to me a forest fan is radio interviews that it is it since he left.

2 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    I didnt like Billy in the end but what improvement have you seen since he left? If you dont care about results then say it instead of just saying he had to go I would respect your position if you just said that missing out on the playoffs was better for Forest as Davies had to go, also their no denying we had a better chance with Davies structure then Brazil and gilligan. The only improvement to me a forest fan is radio interviews that it is it since he left.

Very short-termistic view. Nobody should judge Billy's departure on what we're seeing now, blimey. You're letting the mess you're seeing cloud the view on the long term health of the club.

You're judging it on what you're seeing, but what you're not seeing is Pearce's notes. The Pearce and Fawaz phone-calls. The plans in place for the future of the club.

This season was a write off long before Brazil was on the scene, and if a quick-fix like Warnock had been put in place, it may have been to the detriment of the future even if he had got us into the playoffs.

Important not to look back on this season with too much regret. It's gone. It promised so much 4 games in, but after that fizzled out with the odd moment of positivity.

All about the formula Pearce is building, and his route to success. He wants the whole club together. From the U8s to the seniors, and I for one think it'll be worth the wait.