Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 151 to 173 of 173

Thread: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

      
  1. #151
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,599

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    Judge the decision on Billy's departure by the manager that properly replaces him, not Gary Brazil.
    But that writes off this season? Beyond what's going on next, that in my book makes it a bad decision.

    It's not about who it is, when it is or what they did. It's about being in a great position with a fantastic squad and opportunity and essentially taking actions that lead to you throwing away your prospects of taking that opportunity. It defies logic to take the attitude that you (and a number of others) seem to have.

    At least if we'd stuck with him whether we had failed or turned it around, expecting a top 6 finish would have still been the target.

    Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    Errrr......no.

    Things were panning out quite spectacularly BEFORE his departure and there is little evidence that things could possibly get better as we were in free-fall (or were you dopes watching a different scenario?). Billy had lost his head. Let him go. The majority of fans who tolerated Billy that I know, were well pissed off with him by the end. Some of you want us to fail so that you can use it to make some silly pro-Billy statement. As I said; let the man disappear into the obscurity of his own making.
    Wow, someone who wanted the best for this club on the pitch wants to see them fail to prove a point? Sorry for not writing this season off and waiting till the summer I see a great squad in a great position. I have watched a club write off that opportunity and it's fans sit there and say "there's always next year" almost without any bother at all? Yet I want us to fail?

    I think you should consider that statement, think what it actually means and review your own thoughts. I want us to succeed and what's best for this club. You're happy with accepting failure for this year, or if you want to dress it up a bit to make it sound better "redefining your seasons' expectations" that's fine if that's what you want to do but don't make stupid accusations at people who are more bothered about watching a football game then making a saga out of a press conference!

    Quote Originally Posted by Halford's Lid View Post
    If a plane is screaming towards the Earth and you throw the pilot out of the window 300ft from the ground, do you still survive?
    No you're right. But to continue your analogy (which is shit by all accounts) if it's the pilots fault you're plummeting towards the ground them being thrown out the plane doesn't then lead to all other planes in the air being pulled by gravity towards the ground and creating one mass explosion as they all hit the ground simultaneously? If he's the problem how do things get worse when he leaves?


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #152

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by mouldynffc View Post
    But that writes off this season? Beyond what's going on next, that in my book makes it a bad decision.

    It's not about who it is, when it is or what they did. It's about being in a great position with a fantastic squad and opportunity and essentially taking actions that lead to you throwing away your prospects of taking that opportunity. It defies logic to take the attitude that you (and a number of others) seem to have.

    At least if we'd stuck with him whether we had failed or turned it around, expecting a top 6 finish would have still been the target.
    Aye. Most importantly it leaves us with questions not answers, which means that this will be debated forever. Irregularly and quietly if we are successful, loudly and constantly if we are not. Closure would have been more immediate had we kept Billy here.


  4. #153
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    36,238

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    With our recent results, I'd wager that we've had something to do with Flight MH370...

    "This statement is false."

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  5. #154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,599

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    With our recent results, I'd wager that we've had something to do with Flight MH370...
    Will somebody please lock BD away somewhere where he can't cause natural disasters, planes to disappear and more importantly than ever, make the medias lives a little bit difficult!

    He's holding us back from living in a perfect world!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    Aye. Most importantly it leaves us with questions not answers, which means that this will be debated forever. Irregularly and quietly if we are successful, loudly and constantly if we are not. Closure would have been more immediate had we kept Billy here.
    It's not that so much, if we'd got Warnock in, I'd have been disappointed, will still have thought BD would have got us to the play-offs but at the end of the day I'd say we were probably replacing him with someone that I would say is just as good. You could argue better.

    Even if GB had, or does for that matter get us promoted (there is still a slight lingering chance) I'll be first in line to say "fair play, I was wrong" and be the first one to commend Fawaz on a fantastic decision.

    It doesn't seem to be going that way though does it, in fact it appears to have got much worse. I know GB was not the plan and I appreciate that. Like I said though BD's departure has led to us getting worse and take the name of the manager out of it and their actions, that makes this a bad call. Regardless of whether you think it's because he's the best man for the job or the timing of it or the poor handling of the subsequent recruitment process. We are, as a club, worse off for it.


  6. #155
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Bridgford
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    1. Clear out all the deadwood/players who have no future at the club. Personally I would say this would be Harding, Collins, Moussi, Greening, Miller, Djebbour, Tudgay, Derbyshire, Majewski, Cox.

    2. This will be unpopular but keep Jara and Abdoun. Keep Jara out of midfield and move him back to RB and him at Lichaj will provide good competition for each other. Abdoun cleary has quality and may flourish under Psycho.

    3. Sign at least two strikers. My calls would be Ross McCormack and Lewis Graaban, but anyone who has a proven track record in the Championship will do.

    4. Build up the death of the team. Particuarly in centre midfield, I would like to see Gillett back but don't know if he will, but at least two more midfielders to provide competition/back up for Lansbury and Vaughan (and maybe Cohen if he moves back to midfield)

    5. Get Lansbury on a long term contract


  7. #156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,237

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Sorry lads, but BD's departure doesn't doesn't leave the majority of us with ANY questions. When the going got tough, that particular self-centred man just simply DIDN'T get going. He embarrassingly imploded. Pearce will naturally not implode.

    If he ever goes down, he will go down fighting; he will not surround himself with a clan of close admirers; he will not fart around with 'clever' tactics; he will not feel the world is against him if things get difficult; he will not polarise the Forest fans like the last bloke did.

    Sorry - that's 5 things I think he won't do.

    Now this is what we need to do.
    1. get behind the side at HOME. We need to support the team like our away fans do. Seeing the best part of 2000 fans turning up for night games in London over the last two seasons is a sight to behold. Stop booing like spoilt brats if the going gets tough. Stop getting onto individual players and remember that they were picked by the manager. I couldn't believe how people one minute purported to be big Billy fans yet still managed to give certain of his selections a really hard time. I know Mouldy/Alf etc think they are the only ones who gave poor defenceless Billy a chance, but they are wrong. The majority of fans allowed him to get on with it (including me). Do not mistake comments made on a football forum or those made on the bus on the way back home from another disappointing away performance as in someway being unsettling to the club or manager. Saying that Fawaz got wind of the feeling of 'A VOCAL MINORITY' of the fans and somehow made the decision to sack the dwarf is totally childish. He managed to turn the opinion of the fairly passive majority all on his very own self. I wanted Billy out because of his tactics and method of losing points to lesser sides than ours. I was prepared to give him until the end of the season but it wasn't me who changed all that and loudly (and often foul-mouthedly) supported Forest through thick and thin - during matches. He made it so that he HAD TO GO. I never booed him, demonstrated outside the ground. There are no questions about Billy in my mind. Prat = gone.
    2. Remember that this is a forum and we can embrace other opinions. Despite the odd rude comment here, I have a sneaking regard for those who haven't changed their tune (even though they are clearly wrong!).


  8. #157
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,599

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    Sorry lads, but BD's departure doesn't doesn't leave the majority of us with ANY questions. When the going got tough, that particular self-centred man just simply DIDN'T get going. He embarrassingly imploded. Pearce will naturally not implode.

    If he ever goes down, he will go down fighting; he will not surround himself with a clan of close admirers; he will not fart around with 'clever' tactics; he will not feel the world is against him if things get difficult; he will not polarise the Forest fans like the last bloke did.

    Sorry - that's 5 things I think he won't do.

    Now this is what we need to do.
    1. get behind the side at HOME. We need to support the team like our away fans do. Seeing the best part of 2000 fans turning up for night games in London over the last two seasons is a sight to behold. Stop booing like spoilt brats if the going gets tough. Stop getting onto individual players and remember that they were picked by the manager. I couldn't believe how people one minute purported to be big Billy fans yet still managed to give certain of his selections a really hard time. I know Mouldy/Alf etc think they are the only ones who gave poor defenceless Billy a chance, but they are wrong. The majority of fans allowed him to get on with it (including me). Do not mistake comments made on a football forum or those made on the bus on the way back home from another disappointing away performance as in someway being unsettling to the club or manager. Saying that Fawaz got wind of the feeling of 'A VOCAL MINORITY' of the fans and somehow made the decision to sack the dwarf is totally childish. He managed to turn the opinion of the fairly passive majority all on his very own self. I wanted Billy out because of his tactics and method of losing points to lesser sides than ours. I was prepared to give him until the end of the season but it wasn't me who changed all that and loudly (and often foul-mouthedly) supported Forest through thick and thin - during matches. He made it so that he HAD TO GO. I never booed him, demonstrated outside the ground. There are no questions about Billy in my mind. Prat = gone.
    2. Remember that this is a forum and we can embrace other opinions. Despite the odd rude comment here, I have a sneaking regard for those who haven't changed their tune (even though they are clearly wrong!).
    The majority then clearly have far too much confidence in their own predictions. Because the question of success or failure is very much open. You say our form indicates we were going to fail is a fair plausible comment. I say an entire career of finishing in the top 6 indicates that we would have. Both are plausible we are no closer to answering whether or not Billy would have succeeded or failed and we should be.

    What about questions like why isn't it better? Why do players look unbothered? Why is our PR not improving? Is the new manager going to make us better than BD's team? So many questions from a change at a time that was unnecessary and a poorly handled aftermath.

    I'm asking questions relating to the best interests of mine and your club, not about BD! There are doubts and would have been if it were any other manager.


  9. #158
    Looking Hairy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,218

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    Incorrect scenario.

    The plane is trying to get to France, the pilot has arrived there once before and failed 3 other times. The Plane loses both engines (injuries) and is struggling. We then throw the pilot out and replace him with a passanger because he can land a jet on flight simulator.

    Why did you want to know my job on the Daniel Taylor thread by the way? And why didn't you tell me yours?
    To continue, we only managed to find a passenger because the previous pilot had been such an utter bell that he put everyone else off of a career in aviation with our airline. For some reason he'd also thrown all the other potential pilots out of the door mid-flight.

    Sadly, for this and many other reasons, the plane and all it's passengers were doomed well before the pilot jumped out with the only (golden) parachute. Despite this, he's somehow managed to convince a large percentage of the passengers that despite it being him who overworked the engines causing them to flame out and despite it being him who put them on the wrong course in the first place, he's probably not to blame because he managed to get the plane to take off and he actually landed one once. It's probably the air traffic controller who's to blame, despite the fact he bought the plane, paid everyone's wages in blind trust and subsidised the air fares too.

    I wanted to know where you worked because I was going to make a grossly generalised comment about all people being tits in your sector too, just like you had about journalism (if I recall correctly).

    Last edited by Kelvin's Local; 18-04-14 at 20:33.

  10. #159
    Looking Hairy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,218

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by mouldynffc View Post
    No you're right. But to continue your analogy (which is shit by all accounts) if it's the pilots fault you're plummeting towards the ground them being thrown out the plane doesn't then lead to all other planes in the air being pulled by gravity towards the ground and creating one mass explosion as they all hit the ground simultaneously? If he's the problem how do things get worse when he leaves?
    I don't think you're really following the analogy. Everyone else at Forest is on board and six of the other planes are going where we should have landed already. By now, someone is dredging through the Pacific Ocean looking for our black box.


  11. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by Halford's Lid View Post
    I wanted to know where you worked because I was going to make a grossly generalised comment about all people being ***** in your sector too, just like you had about journalism (if I recall correctly).
    When my industry manipulates facts, manipulates politics, decides on people's careers, lies to the public, persecutes before conviction, camps outside somebody's property, hounds celebrities and taps into people's phones then I'll entertain the idea.


  12. #161
    Looking Hairy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,218

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    When my industry manipulates facts, manipulates politics, decides on people's careers, lies to the public, persecutes before conviction, camps outside somebody's property, hounds celebrities and taps into people's phones then I'll entertain the idea.
    Are you aware just how small a percentage of that industry did and does all that? It's like hating all doctors because Shipman went his own way.


  13. #162
    Victor Meldrew
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Bridgford
    Posts
    15,004

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    1. Muck out the horses.
    2. Realise I'd made a mistake and beg the wife for forgiveness.
    3. Realise I'd made a mistake and tell Fawaz that Nigel Clough would make a great manager.
    4. Emmigrate to Argentina.
    5. Invade the Falklands.


  14. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,599

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by Halford's Lid View Post
    Are you aware just how small a percentage of that industry did and does all that? It's like hating all doctors because Shipman went his own way.
    Journalists being stereotyped?

    The irony.


  15. #164

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by Halford's Lid View Post
    To continue, we only managed to find a passenger because the previous pilot had been such an utter bell that he put everyone else off of a career in aviation with our airline. For some reason he'd also thrown all the other potential pilots out of the door mid-flight.

    Sadly, for this and many other reasons, the plane and all it's passengers were doomed well before the pilot jumped out with the only (golden) parachute. Despite this, he's somehow managed to convince a large percentage of the passengers that despite it being him who overworked the engines causing them to flame out and despite it being him who put them on the wrong course in the first place, he's probably not to blame because he managed to get the plane to take off and he actually landed one once. It's probably the air traffic controller who's to blame, despite the fact he bought the plane, paid everyone's wages in blind trust and subsidised the air fares too.

    I wanted to know where you worked because I was going to make a grossly generalised comment about all people being tits in your sector too, just like you had about journalism (if I recall correctly).
    I thought that the scenario went something like this...

    The Pilot, Captain Billy, took off and climbed to cruising height. The plane hit some turbulence and some of the crew got hurt, and the plane damaged. The onboard backup crew stepped up to replace the injured crew, but, were not performing well so the pilot asked the airline owner to get him some new crew and get them on the plane mid flight Executive Decision style.

    The owner tried to get the replacement crew in that the pilot requested, but some chained themselves in their home airports rather than risk the plane.

    When the tunnel connecting the supply plane and the Forest plane parted at the end of the transfer window, some of the new crew were injured and the turbulence caused more of the original staff to be injured too.

    Next a flock of reporter birds hit the plane clogging the engines and obscuring the pilots view, and the plane started to go into a dive.

    The pilot, Captain Billy, tried to pull up the plane but between the non-performing crew, the distraction of the reporter birds and the screaming of the passengers (fans), the airline owner decided to throw the pilot out the door in mid flight and try and get another pilot in, in another Executive Decision style move. Whislt that was being setup, the airline owner decided that he would use a member of the back up crew who had crashed a plane a few times before without completely destroying the plane.

    Several of the pilots approached to replace Captain Billy took one look at where the plane was and decided that they didn't want to risk the rescue mission. The owner then approached a former head steward who tried piloting before on the plane and other planes. He said he couldn't do it as he had other things he'd rather do. The airline owner started looking at other pilots then the former chief steward decided that maybe he would like to fly the plane, but not until after the plane had landed or crashed without him.

    So here we are falling from the sky the member of the backup team flying the plane, trying to perform the best controlled crash that he can.

    The big question now is, can the stand in pilot manage to crash the season plane into the playoff zone ahead of the other circling planes?


  16. #165
    Looking Hairy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,218

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    I'll be honest, I didn't read that.


  17. #166
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    36,238

    Default

    The pilot of the struggling plane might have had higher survival chances if he'd talked to air-traffic control from time to time when the plane was in trouble..


  18. #167
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    26,025

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.



    "Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

  19. #168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by Halford's Lid View Post
    Are you aware just how small a percentage of that industry did and does all that? It's like hating all doctors because Shipman went his own way.
    Murdoch's empire controls probably a third of the press at a guess. Harold Shipman isn't a third of doctors.


  20. #169
    Looking Hairy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,218

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    Murdoch's empire controls probably a third of the press at a guess. Harold Shipman isn't a third of doctors.
    Even if that were true, holding a News Corp pass doesn't automatically enter you in for the evil league of evil.


  21. #170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by Halford's Lid View Post
    Even if that were true, holding a News Corp pass doesn't automatically enter you in for the evil league of evil.
    Nope, but it does mean you will conform to some or all of the list previously posted.


  22. #171
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    6,398

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by Halford's Lid View Post
    By now, someone is dredging through the Pacific Ocean looking for our black box.
    I think Billy preferred using a ginger one.


  23. #172
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    20,131

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    I think Billy preferred using a ginger one.
    Insert joke about a nose dive


  24. #173

    Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin's Local View Post
    Not true, completely made up. People were criticising the frequent under-achieving
    Oh to be "under-achieving" again


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •