Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

Looking Hairy

Default Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

I have a few things I'd do if I were Pearce, the first one is slightly controversial.

1) Sell Darlow and Lascelles. I know, I know. They're good, they're young and they're English but they're also extremely valuable and we could get a fortune for the pair. Darlow is going to be a really good goalie but right now he's highly replaceable. Lascelles will likely be our third choice centre back next year too so selling them now makes sense. To think we signed Lansbury, Paterson and Hobbs for £3m combined, imagine what we could do with £15m.

2) Sign a left winger and a proper striker. Reid tired this year and next year he's going to be another year older. We need someone who will be a legitimate option for a game here and there. I like Osborn but he looks more like a central midfielder to me. A well managed Reid wins you a title. As for the striker, make it our marquee signing. It goes without saying why this is so important. I'd go for Connor Wickham, he fits the bill in every area for my money.

3) Make sure everyone is fit. Don't rush anyone, don't take risks. This team would win the league if given time to recover. Learn from Davies' mistakes.

4) Get Lansbury on a long term contract, then don't sell him. Get him on a new long term deal, whatever money he wants. Lascelles and Darlow are replaceable, Lansbury realistically isn't. Same applies to Pato with the contract for him already sorted.

5) Clear out the crap and the disinterested. Collins, Majewski, Moussi, Cox, Miller, Jara, Abdoun, Djebbour and Tudgay can go for all I care. I'd actually keep Harding and Derbyshire though, they've both earned another shot. One more year to prove themselves, you can't criticise their effort. We need to keep unity and stability in the first team, but we need more strength in our depth.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

Quote Originally Posted by Halford's Lid View Post
    I have a few things I'd do if I were Pearce, the first one is slightly controversial.

1) Sell Darlow and Lascelles. I know, I know. They're good, they're young and they're English but they're also extremely valuable and we could get a fortune for the pair. Darlow is going to be a really good goalie but right now he's highly replaceable. Lascelles will likely be our third choice centre back next year too so selling them now makes sense. To think we signed Lansbury, Paterson and Hobbs for £3m combined, imagine what we could do with £15m.

2) Sign a left winger and a proper striker. Reid tired this year and next year he's going to be another year older. We need someone who will be a legitimate option for a game here and there. I like Osborn but he looks more like a central midfielder to me. A well managed Reid wins you a title. As for the striker, make it our marquee signing. It goes without saying why this is so important. I'd go for Connor Wickham, he fits the bill in every area for my money.

3) Make sure everyone is fit. Don't rush anyone, don't take risks. This team would win the league if given time to recover. Learn from Davies' mistakes.

4) Get Lansbury on a long term contract, then don't sell him. Get him on a new long term deal, whatever money he wants. Lascelles and Darlow are replaceable, Lansbury realistically isn't. Same applies to Pato with the contract for him already sorted.

5) Clear out the crap and the disinterested. Collins, Majewski, Moussi, Cox, Miller, Jara, Abdoun, Djebbour and Tudgay can go for all I care. I'd actually keep Harding and Derbyshire though, they've both earned another shot. One more year to prove themselves, you can't criticise their effort. We need to keep unity and stability in the first team, but we need more strength in our depth.
    1) is daft. You expect to just pick up players cheap to replace them?!

Mine are:
    1 get a striker and back up
    2 get a cm
    3 get wingers
    4 renew contracts of key players
    5 get rid of the flops

Default Five things you'd do if you were Pearce.

Get Lansbury tied down to a long deal.
    Somehow identify a decent striker and clear the decks of the average ness we currently have.
    Appoint Hobbs as club captain.
    A massive overhaul of the coaching and technical staff at the club.
    Get in a competent defensive Midfielder. Would love to think Vaughan would stay fit. If not it's imperative we get someone in.

Last edited by puds1970; 13-04-14 at 16:12.

1. Sign Lansbury up

2. Keep Lascelles and Darlow

3. Unpopular one, but try and tie Jara up before the World Cup. Keep the likes of him, Majewski and similar players who can do a really good job for us, but have been zapped of any confidence by the negative tactics and instability this season. Sign players on the cheap. Sign players who need to prove themselves, not players already proven. We have enough of them.

4. Get a really good backroom staff next to him.

5. Embrace the Forest supporters in the way he knows how to. Don't put a mental shield up. Be the manager, but relate and get close to the fans like he used to. Everyone can be truly together, pushing in the same direction, and that'll get bums on seats and make the City Ground a fortress once again.

shit myself............and go........1.2.3.4.5............and then lead us to glory!.

Last edited by trent end loyal; 13-04-14 at 16:26.

Selling BOTH Lascelles & Darlow would be stupid. Build the team around them, keep the core of young English players. It's not as easy as you would think to replace them, you mentioned we picked up Lansbury, Paterson & Hobbs for £3million but we also picked up Cox & Majewski for £3million. I would rather keep them for as long as we can until a ridiculous offer comes in for one.

1. And how much would they cost to replace? I'd keep both.
    2. Reidy was injured. He was having a great season until then.
    3. Yes that's obvious.
    4. Yes sign Lansbury onto a long term contract
    5. Harding is not good enough.
    6. bring in some good coaches

1) Lifetime ban for any 'supporter' who declares the season to be over twenty times before April.

2) Send the opposition's manager flying with a sliding tackle within five minutes of the start of every game.

3) Rename the Main Stand 'The Psycho Stand'.

4) Never, ever, respond to an interviewer's question with 'no comment'.

5) Dye the City Ground pitch red.

1) No! They will be worth a fortune next summer if we are selling for the cash (prob £8m this summer, double that next!)

2) Agree we need a proper winger but like Troy Deeney as CF better.

3) True.

4) give him a few months to get back up to speed and double his wages until 2019.

5) Might struggle to offload any players on contracts due to high wages. Wouldn't keep Derbyshire, far too late in the day to make an impression. Get a young League 2 CF as one for the future.

1.. get a striker
    2... get someone who can score a one on one
    3... get someone that can finish
    4...get someone that doesn't miss easy chances
    5... and someone to SCORE goals regular...

Simples

sign Callum Wilson

21 goals this season in league 1 for Coventry, has bags of pace and can finish + only 22 years of age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY4qKz2meO0

Last edited by tomw94; 13-04-14 at 17:03.

Find out who the bad influences are sack them off. Then build a team around Darlow,Hobbs,Lascelles,Lansbury and Cohen and buy a strikers or work with Djebbou also get rid of Halford Collins Jara and Henderson.

Rose-Coloured Boy

1) buy a striker
    2) buy another striker
    3) release Derbyshire, Moussi, Miller, Henderson and Collins
    4) make sure every player is covered head-to-toe in cotton wool before every training session
    5) pray for some luck

1. Reassure our young talent such as Darlow, Lascelles and Paterson that their home is Nottingham Forest, at least for the next few years. Persuade them that they will be better off playing major roles in a team, that it will help their development. Use my past experience and knowledge of working with and developing young players to do this.

2. Sign Aron Gunnarsson from Cardiff, Chris O'Grady, David and James Vaughan, and a right-back.

3. Develop the team around Andy Reid.

4. Forest will probably be banned from signing any players in January; prepare for this during the summer, both by ensuring I'm reasonably happy with a squad and not still looking for players in October, and also by tasking the youth/reserve set-up in preparing any younger players that might be needed to fill gaps later in the season.

5. Don't "clear out the crap" in a knee-jerk fashion. I'm a different manager and will play in a different way than the previous managers - I may be able to bring the best out of players like Miller, Majewski, Collins, Cox - in fact all of them. They have ALL proven they can play well at this level or higher. Make a sensible assessment of whether they are my kind of player and can get them playing well.

Left Winger

1. Find and hire the best Fitness and Conditioning Coach possible.

2. Find and sign two quality strikers. Maybe who know where the goal is and know the offside rule.

3. Pension-off Danny Collins.

4. Get Henri on a long term contact.

5. Clean slate for all remaining players.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Everyone saying get rid of this lot and keep that lot

Ffs it really annoys me as none of us know what has happened

It could all be Lansbury stirring shit, we all then gonna say to get rid of him of we found out our best player was being a dick

I agree with people like greening, miller( bad egg) Collins. But the season has been so start stop which had ended in a total capitulation that how on earth can we say such things about players when we haven't had a normal season yet again

This isn't football manager ffs

1 Get a good number 2 not wigley
    2 Sign a big hard central Midfielder so we cant be bullied anymore
    3 Two strikers
    4 Get rid of the rubbish you know who they are
    5 I agree sell Darlow keep Lascelles get 5m for him and spend wisely

Quote Originally Posted by Forest ash View Post
    Everyone saying get rid of this lot and keep that lot

Ffs it really annoys me as none of us know what has happened

It could all be Lansbury stirring shit, we all then gonna say to get rid of him of we found out our best player was being a dick

I agree with people like greening, miller( bad egg) Collins. But the season has been so start stop which had ended in a total capitulation that how on earth can we say such things about players when we haven't had a normal season yet again

This isn't football manager ffs
    It's going slightly off topic, but I agree with you 100% - some of the schoolyard gossip we read about the players is very unhelpful at best, and at worst mischief-making.

We've heard players are alcoholics, falling out, shagging each other's girlfriends and scrapping (injuring each other), going off home in a huff, going out drinking after a loss - I could go on - and for the most part it's totally unsubstantiated.

Who knows what is going off? Few/none of us, but we still base opinions on these unsubstantiated rumours and they never have a positive effect in my experience.

Well a dicky bird had told me a senior member of the squad has been/or is knobbing another players missus that has caused obvious discontent.

Better Call Saul!

1. look
    2. laugh
    3. turn round
    4. open door
    5. leave

Well I haven't heard those extremes but they are worrying as no smoke without fire with things like this

I just hate all this get rid of them and keep them bollox. Not as easy as that I'm afraid

I should imagine very little will change with the playing staff

Pearce will have a good look round, he will know what has and hasn't happened

Again I'm more hoping that we get people in to run and have jobs at the club behind the scenes

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988 View Post
    Well a dicky bird had told me a senior member of the squad has been/or is knobbing another players missus that has caused obvious discontent.
    But this same story was around when lee camp was here ffs

Impressive member

Darlow and Lascelles still have a lot to learn, but I want them to continue their education at NFFC. Get Lansbury on a long term deal. We need two decent strikers in the summer. Once the deadwood has gone (Miller, Derbyshire, etc,) we need to start adding players who can complete for places, and be good enough to take over if needed.

Looking Hairy

Quote Originally Posted by WillE View Post
    1) is daft. You expect to just pick up players cheap to replace them?!
    Well...no, obviously not. Precisely the opposite. Darlow is relatively easy to replace right now (DDV isn't a whole lot worse) and Lascelles is our third best centre back. We could realistically spend £5m on each of their replacements and land very, very good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Selling BOTH Lascelles & Darlow would be stupid. Build the team around them, keep the core of young English players. It's not as easy as you would think to replace them, you mentioned we picked up Lansbury, Paterson & Hobbs for £3million but we also picked up Cox & Majewski for £3million. I would rather keep them for as long as we can until a ridiculous offer comes in for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jumper View Post
    1) No! They will be worth a fortune next summer if we are selling for the cash (prob £8m this summer, double that next!)
    They're worth a fortune now. What if Lascelles doesn't get his form back? What if Darlow takes the Loach route? Right now their value and reputation is sky high, I can't see them ever being worth a whole lot more and they're worth more to us in transfer fees than their current squad status. There's a LOT of better players out there right now for less than what we'd receive. With FFP on the horizon, healthy income from transfer fees like this can help no end.

What if they both kick on and become England players and we sold them for good money but not amazing? Given theiur progress, it's surely worth keeping hold for more 1 season to see how they go? Doubt SP or Fawaz will want to sell young English players unless they have to!