Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The deal is you're not allowed to celebrate if we go up this year, okay?

Default The deal is you're not allowed to celebrate if we go up this year, okay?

Since everyone else has written this season off already (despite the fact we could be two points off the play-offs by Friday afternoon if most of the matches end with home victories), I'm the only one who's allowed to celebrate if we sneak into the play-offs on the final day and then manage to fluke our way to promotion via Wembley.

Fair deal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: The deal is you're not allowed to celebrate if we go up this year, okay?

I think that's called jerking off............

Enjoy yourself.

Default Re: The deal is you're not allowed to celebrate if we go up this year, okay?

I think most are still hoping for something Jerellis, but there just isn't any sign of anything happening, and it's the fact that so many other teams have a nose in front now which makes it look unrealistic.

And Gary Brazil being in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by PynchonForest View Post

Enjoy yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by PynchonForest View Post

Enjoy yourself.
    If following Forest wasn't enjoyable I wouldn't do it. Out of curiosity, why do you follow Forest?

I think Saturday was the last real glimmer of hope for me. Of course it's mathematically possible but we'd really have to win all our remaining games and hope the others continue dropping points (which is very much possible). With the amount of goals we're letting in lately, I struggle to see us winning games. But I'll keep hoping.

Rose-Coloured Boy

Ok deal, I promise to do this instead:

We're not going up. Not going to happen.

I don't think we will win a game all season ..

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    We're not going up. Not going to happen.
    We weren't going up (automatically) then either:

http://www.statto.com/football/stats...ble/2008-04-08

Anyone thinking of play-offs needs to give their head a wobble.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Stop being so bloody ridiculous.

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Okay jerellis1, you can have your lone celebration at Wembley if we go up and we'll all just look sheepish and shameful at ever having doubted it.

BUT the condition is that if we don't go up, you must be seen on national television on the final day of the season sitting in the stands weeping profusely with 'Premier League Here We Come' written in lipstick on your bare chest, your Gary Brazil mask lying scrumpled on the floor next to you, while the rest of us are on our way to the pub to discuss next year under Psycho, eve if it was never mathematically possible for us to reach the play-offs in that match.

Deal?

‘This at bottom is the wish and prayer of all human hearts, everywhere and at all times: “Give me a leader, a true leader, not a false sham-leader; a true leader, that he may guide me on the true way.”’

- Thomas Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Okay jerellis1, you can have your lone celebration at Wembley if we go up and we'll all just look sheepish and shameful at ever having doubted it.

BUT the condition is that if we don't go up, you must be seen on national television on the final day of the season sitting in the stands weeping profusely with 'Premier League Here We Come' written in lipstick on your bare chest, your Gary Brazil mask lying scrumpled on the floor next to you, while the rest of us are on our way to the pub to discuss next year under Psycho, eve if it was never mathematically possible for us to reach the play-offs in that match.

Deal?
    Sorry Al, but my love and support for Forest are unconditional.

An unnecessary positive thread can be just as annoying as a tirade of negative ones. Sometimes I just want to wallow in nothingness... can a man not just wallow?

Quote Originally Posted by jerellis1 View Post
    Sorry Al, but my love and support for Forest are unconditional.
    And it shows.
    Well done.

Dancing in the Trent End

If following Forest wasn't enjoyable I wouldn't do it.
    That's just it though, you get suckered in. It's like going back to a cheating wife whom you know is only going to bring you pain and misery, but you go back anyway because you love her.

Anyway, it's not happening mate. Sorry. Done for this season, just got to try and get ready for next season without any more infighting or utterly shit performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallon View Post
    ... you get suckered in...
    ... willingly though - because it's fun.

And I bet you think you'll win the lottery one day too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Mill View Post
    And I bet you think you'll win the lottery one day too.
    I don't do the lottery.

Since everyone else has written this season off already (despite the fact we could be two points off the play-offs by Friday afternoon if most of the matches end with home victories), I'm the only one who's allowed to celebrate if we sneak into the play-offs on the final day and then manage to fluke our way to promotion via Wembley.

Fair deal?
    Friday ?

3 points without playing would be a very generous gesture by the football league.

I haven't given up hope though. I too enjoy following Forest, and would probably enjoy it much more if I didn't read this forum. But this is another of those cheating wives that you keep going back to.

be serious..............we'll all go ape if we go up this year and you know we will..."we are notingham forest fc,we do what we want"

Impressive member

I can't see us finishing any higher than we are now. A win against Birmingham, but that's it.

I have finally given up hope. Its all futile.

How about just taking it one matchday at a time for a change instead of declaring the season over every ninety minutes? There really is no denying that if this weekend's matches are mostly home wins, we'll be back to within two points of the play-offs with three rounds still to play. Why's that so hard for Forest fans to wrap their heads around? It's not even deluded, masturbatory happy-clapping either - it's just sums.

How about just taking it one matchday at a time for a change instead of declaring the season over every ninety minutes? There really is no denying that if this weekend's matches are mostly home wins, we'll be back to within two points of the play-offs with three rounds still to play. Why's that so hard for Forest fans to wrap their heads around? It's not even deluded, masturbatory happy-clapping either - it's just sums.
    We're 11th. We haven't won in 13. There's a bit of maths for you. I commend your effort though