Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Promotion in The 1st Season

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Default Re: Promotion in The 1st Season

Quote Originally Posted by glosterred View Post
    ........This is season 3 for fawaz though......
    What!! How did I manage to miss SP's first season in charge, and how did we get on?

I could've sworn it was still 2014 when I last logged on here?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This is season 3 for fawaz though, and promotion in his 3rd season would have been a reaslistic target when he came to our club, i'm sure. Sadly though, I think we are even further away from premier league football now than we were when he first arrived!
    Seriously, you feel we're further away from the Prem finishing just outside the playoffs after an appalling run of injuries, than we did finishing just outside the relegation places under Cotts?

The club has problems as an organisation, largely due to Fawaz giving Billy too much of a free hand (for which he seems to have ironically got a reputation for "interfering"), but you can't deny that as a footballing force we have moved on hugely in 2 years, surely?

I am convinced he won't get 2 seasons.
    Unless we are top six pretty much all season, I'm not sure Psycho will even get to complete the first season before Fawaz pulls the trigger again.

Perhaps someone needs to remind Fawaz about SAF's first season at Man Flu.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    What!! How did I manage to miss SP's first season in charge, and how did we get on?

I could've sworn it was still 2014 when I last logged on here?
    Wooops, correction, I meant next season.....!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Rice x11 View Post
    Seriously, you feel we're further away from the Prem finishing just outside the playoffs after an appalling run of injuries, than we did finishing just outside the relegation places under Cotts?

The club has problems as an organisation, largely due to Fawaz giving Billy too much of a free hand (for which he seems to have ironically got a reputation for "interfering"), but you can't deny that as a footballers force we have moved on hugely in 2 years, surely?
    We have better players. But a new manager, with new ideas, new transfer requests etc, and it will take 2/3 years to bed in. Combined with the fact I dont think pearce is the man for the job, or that he will be given enough time even if he his, then to me it feels like we are further away.

We have better players. But a new manager, with new ideas, new transfer requests etc, and it will take 2/3 years to bed in. Combined with the fact I dont think pearce is the man for the job, or that he will be given enough time even if he his, then to me it feels like we are further away.
    Better than a manager with no ideas, which is what we had when we were taken over.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Its funny how Davies is the only bottler on here yet Doughty, MCClaren, Hart, Calderwood, all go scot free they could equally be labelled that. I dont want the imp back now its dead for me but it always seems like that people judge him on his personality then results just take Doughty he was a bottler of the highest order he made crap decision after crap decision and ironically his Davies appointment was the only inspired choice he ever made yet thats the decision now that everyone is against. I hope people dont interpret this as me sticking for Davies he was petty and had little man syndrome he was harming the club and quite frankly was mental but when we commentate on history give good proportionate views it does seems to me you can be nice and everyone forgives you, take note Billy Davies.
    I'll always find it a shame that Davies wasn't given the time by Fawaz if only for that fact that if he had have taken us up it would have been a Nigel Doughty appointment which got us promoted. In the passing of time all the politics would have been forgotten about and Doughty would have, albeit in a roundabout way, achieved success with the club still.

Sadly that now can't happen