Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Club Ladder & Future Planning for Pearce: "The Blueprint"

Default Re: Club Ladder & Future Planning for Pearce: "The Blueprint"

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    Plus he'll cost quite a bit. Why spend that much on him when we can get Macheda for free?
    Just think Assombalonga will offer us more. Pace, power and goal scoring and more of a British mentality growing up here. Can get through the tough periods better. Can play as a wide-forward for variation with his ability to cut in. If we spend any money this summer it is to get a proper centre-forward not two or three bits and pieces forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jumper View Post
    Macheda will piss off to Spain or Italy if he's got any sense!
    I reckon so to.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Remember you saying we need to spend 4-6m. Do we even need that ?
    I did say that! I can't see this chap being the main man tbh, reckon we need a pucker CF in the squad, which is where the £4m would go! Buckley and Albrighton are both decent shouts, I'm a big fan of Craig Gardner and we could do worse than Peltier if reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jumper View Post
    I did say that! I can't see this chap being the main man tbh, reckon we need a pucker CF in the squad, which is where the £4m would go! Buckley and Albrighton are both decent shouts, I'm a big fan of Craig Gardner and we could do worse than Peltier if reasonably priced.
    The good thing about Gardner is that he has stated he wants to come back to the midlands. So there is a chance here if we show interest. Reckon he will bring a more dynamic game than Vaughan.

Wolves ?
    WBA ?
    Birmingham ?
    Leicester ?
    Forest ?
    Derby ?

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    The good thing about Gardner is that he has stated he wants to come back to the midlands. So there is a chance here if we show interest. Reckon he will bring a more dynamic game than Vaughan.

Wolves ?
    WBA ?
    Birmingham ?
    Leicester ?
    Forest ?
    Derby ?
    He's already played for Villa and Brum so may not fancy another club right on his doorstep, plus WBA looks like a relegation battle waiting to happen! Leicester I could see, but maybe they'll be setting their sights a bit higher and scouting at the World Cup.

It's all about money fellas. Villa and WBA will be able to offer much more than us and he'll get to be a part of a Prem squad still.

my summer shopping list would be:

John Brayford
    Connor Coady
    David Vaughan
    Rob Hall
    Britt Assombalonga
    loan to cover CB if we can ship Collins out.

One big issue will be that any decent players willing step down are going to be gobbled up by the ones going up; Leicester at least.

We have to look at the same league or below, then failing that try abroad. I would imagine Pearce will already have an eye on one or two players and it wouldnt surprise me if we had a confirmed signing within a day of him returning; or whenever the transfer market opens.

Quote Originally Posted by adamthered View Post
    One big issue will be that any decent players willing step down are going to be gobbled up by the ones going up; Leicester at least.

We have to look at the same league or below, then failing that try abroad. I would imagine Pearce will already have an eye on one or two players and it wouldnt surprise me if we had a confirmed signing within a day of him returning; or whenever the transfer market opens.
    You may be right, but don't you think "The Pearce Factor" (trademark me) would be a draw?

Quote Originally Posted by bgd View Post
    It's all about money fellas. Villa and WBA will be able to offer much more than us and he'll get to be a part of a Prem squad still.

my summer shopping list would be:

John Brayford
    Connor Coady
    David Vaughan
    Rob Hall
    Britt Assombalonga
    loan to cover CB if we can ship Collins out.
    Think Brayford will be staying at the Blades. Basically said so on twitter after the game yesterday. Quality player at our level for sure.

Think if we get 2 centre-mids, Coady wouldn't be a bad shout along with a Gardner. Think 3 parties could agree there pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by adamthered View Post

Our problem in recent years has been looking at players in the same league where our competitors don't want to sell to us. Prem reserves or lower league probably easier to do business.

Like Greenjumper mentioned, Villa is where him and his brother came through I don't think Villa want him back. Brum don't have the money and he has played there.

There was a link with WBA but not since Pepe Mel joined. Think he will look to his own targets.

Leicester, Wolves and Derby probably most realistic. But I wouldn't write-off our chances either. Think SP knows both Gardner brothers from u21 squads.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 14-04-14 at 18:55.

My shopping list is:

Lee Peltier
    Danny Fox ( I think this deal is done tbh)
    Craig Gardner
    Troy Deeney

plus a couple of young guns from League 1/2 or the academy.

I think we can and should do better than Peltier personally.

Massive shame if Brayford chooses to stay at Sheff Utd. I know he's really enjoying living in Sheffield as it suits his personality and he is a fan of Clough. but he owes it to himself to get in thr Prem and prove Cardiff wrong for not giving him a chance. Brilliant full-back.

Peltier as a decent (a relaitvely versatile) squad player would be OK imho.

I don't think we should set out to sign squad players. I think the aim should be to sign players you either think are good enough to start every week, or younger players who will develop. obviously you can't start 19 players, but thats how you create good competition amongst quality players.

We do need a back-up RB though, otherwise the defence is OK from where I'm looking. Still believe the serious money should be invested further forward with players who will be starters as you say.

I agree we need another RB. I don't think it needs to be a designated 'back-up' one though. it needs to be someone just as good as, if not better than Lichaj.

I just don't believe the defence needs much work though (for the first time in years!). I'd rather we get someone for not too much money and spend money on a couple of big signings at CM & CF.

I don't buy into spending less on defenders and more on forwards personally
    I agree we don't need big changes. we don't need many all over the squad
    but I think we should find ourselves a real good right-back, or keep Jara, but I think he'll be off.

It's not spending less on defenders and more on forwards, although forwards usually cost more. Just saying for the level we're at, Licahaj is fine atm. We need someone else decent who will press him and provide decent injury cover. I'd just like to see the money spent were we have obvious shortcomings at CM and CF. If you take Lansbury and Reid out of the equation, we currently have own no viable CM or CF imho. Cox and Djebbour are squad players (OK but you don't want to rely on them to do it week in week out).
    Jara seems likely to leave...I would if I were him!
    I'm thinking something like 8 out and 4/5 in should do the trick.

Most of what is needed is here, just get them all fit. Massive change isn't needed. Just a few quality additions and get rid of the deadwood this summer and that's all we need.

Quote Originally Posted by gedlingred View Post
    Last season, despite blowing both automatic promotion and the playoff semi final in equally spectacular fashion and with the majority of fans demanding he be sacked, Leicester stuck by their under fire manager.

They have now reaped the rewards.

Forest are incapable of doing a Leicester.
    We did that in 2010 after losing in the play offs.

And then the next season we.... Lost in the play offs.

Forget promotion next year, get some young players in whether they are British or from Europe, somebody who can basically trap and pass a football, then build a team for the future.