Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Ladder & Future Planning for Pearce: "The Blueprint"

Default Club Ladder & Future Planning for Pearce: "The Blueprint"

Going forward would like us to purchase players that have the potential for growth in their games and players near their peak and potential to step up another level. Think Pearce has spoken about how he likes to develop players. So the market here would be lower league talent (Paterson), Premier League reserves (Lansbury) & our own young talent like Darlow, Lascelles and Osborn we have seen this season.

We also don't need these huge squads. 19 senior players plus u21s should be enough under the right training and fitness regimes. Might have one or two injuries but not freakish situations like this last season. This enable our young players to get opportunities so we don't see more situations like Freeman and Bamford.

We also need players with the right character and desire. We need to get good squad dynamics going because we see what happens with players like Abdoun and Djebbour on high on contracts with little return on the pitch and off it to be honest.

This is obviously in an ideal world.

FIRST TEAM

--------------------------- CENTRE FORWARD ---------------------------

--- JAMIE PATERSON ------------------------------- WIDE FORWARD ------

----------- ANDY REID ------ CENTRE MID ---- HENRI LANSBURY ---------

- CHRIS COHEN ----- JACK HOBBS ---- JAMAAL LASCELLES ---ERIC LICHAJ --

--------------------------- KARL DARLOW -------------------------------

Reserves:

Dorus de Vries (GK)
    RIGHT-SIDED DEFENDER (cover RB & CB) (If not Halford stays)
    Kelvin Wilson
    Dan Harding (just see his cheap contract out for squad depth)
    CENTRE-MID (If not Majewski stays)
    Jamie Mackie
    CENTRE OR WIDE-FORWARD (If not we keep one of Derbyshire/Cox/Henderson)
    CENTRE-FORWARD

History of Leadership: Cohen, Hobbs, Lascelles, Reid, Lansbury & Wilson.

With these subs it would mean Halford, Collins, McLaughlin, Cox, Henderson, , Majewksi, Abdoun, Djebbour & Blackstock (loan or retire) would potentially have no future here.

Easier said than done of course. That is why I say in an ideal world this is how we should get our squad shape to look like.

That could mean 'up to' 8/9 players 'out' plus 'up to' about 6/7 'in'. Chances of that happening this off-season are about 30-40%.

UNDER 21s (capable of switching to a 4-3-3)

------------------- JAMES DEMETRIOU ---- TYLER WALKER ---------------------

---- BEN OSBORN ---------------------------------------- OLIVER BURKE -----

------------------ DAVID MORGAN -------- JACK BLAKE ----------------------

-- JAKE WHOLEY ----- KIERAN FENTON ----- JOE WORRALL --- ILIAS POLIMOS ----

--------------------------- DIMITAR EVTIMOV -------------------------------

Subs: Under 18s + Jordan Smith (GK) ,Kieran Wallace, Jorge Grant, Josh Rees, Michael Hollingsworth, Eddie Schoenecker, Willy Gnahore, Deimantas Petravicius, Derrick Otim whoever remains at the club.

Talk is Lawrence Gorman is already on trial at Leicester City.

Captains /leadership roles: Fenton, Worrall, Morgan, Osborn

UNDER 18s

---------------------- JERRY MCDONAGH ----- KASHEME WALTON --------------------

---- LUKE THOMAS --------------------------------------------- ELVIS OTIM -----

-------------------- TOM GAMBLEN --------- RYAN YATES ------------------------

-- JACK KELLY ------ ALEX IACOVITTI ---- DAVID ARROWSMITH --- ANDREAS KARO ---

------------------------------- RICHARD DEARLE ------------------------------

Subs: Joe Boyd (GK), Adam Crookes, Jermaine Worthington, Dylan Burns, Liam Adams

Went for the older Kelly but the younger Crookes could get the nod over the season.
    Went for the younger Yates and Gamblen ahead of Worthington & new NZL youngster Burns.
    Liam Adams has potential as a tricky winger & will be competing for a starting position as the season goes on.

Captains/Leadership role: Yates

Last edited by BryanRoy; 12-04-14 at 17:45.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Club Ladder & Future Planning for Pearce: "The Blueprint"

Wilson should never be in the reserve list

Mackie is good enough for the right wing forward position

Vaughan is good enough for the CM space you left too

so all in all we need 2x top strikers and a good up and coming striker, done.

That being said, we'll probably get relegated next season

You need 23 man squads 2 in every position except for GK which is 3

GK-Darlow, De Vries, Evitmov
    DL-Cohen, Fox
    DR-Jara Lihaj
    CB-Hobbs, Lascelles, Wilson, Halford
    DMC-Vaughan, ?
    AMC-Lansbury, Reid
    RW-Paterson, Osborn
    LW-Mackie, Abdoun
    ST-, Djebbour

SO we need 3 or 4 strikers a DMC and maybe a couple more new defenders with another CM. So I have seven potential signings but if we promote Blake we may not need another DMC.

So be it, all personal opinion. Think he is a damn good player but I just went with the player I think will play less out of Hobbs, Lascelles and Wilson if here next season due to injuries and possible rotation between the 3.

I watched a bit of Bundesliga last night. I admire everything about German football. Especially clubs like Bayern, Dortmund and Schalke. There are a few other clubs with brilliant 'blueprints' shall we put it for success too.

But Schalke have had a similar season to us with injuries. What do they do they get their youngsters in because they are brave enough and confident enough in their own systems in place. Think the rb, 2 cb's and 2 mf's were all 17-22 years of age from their youth system. They 3rd in the league still.

Was good to see Osborn show a willingness to run with the ball and close the opposition down (not sure how many of our players have done it well enough for a while now ?) and he took some great set-pieces and gave some good movement in forward areas too.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    You need 23 man squads 2 in every position except for GK which is 3

GK-Darlow, De Vries, Evitmov
    DL-Cohen, Fox
    DR-Jara Lihaj
    CB-Hobbs, Lascelles, Wilson, Halford
    DMC-Vaughan, ?
    AMC-Lansbury, Reid
    RW-Paterson, Osborn
    LW-Mackie, Abdoun
    ST-, Djebbour

SO we need 3 or 4 strikers a DMC and maybe a couple more new defenders with another CM. So I have seven potential signings but if we promote Blake we may not need another DMC.
    19-20 is fine. You then add players like Evtimov, Fenton, Blake, Morgan, Osborn, Burke, Walker etc

They must be permanently training with the seniors.

Cohen should be in midfield behind Lansbury and Reid, for me. Bring in a quality natural left-back in the summer and keep Harding as second choice. Get rid of Miller, Derbyshire, Tudgay and Henderson up top and bring in a decent striker or two (depending on what on earth is going on with Djebbour). Renew Jara's contract and have him as back-up to Lichaj.

That's all we need to do this summer: ship out the leeches amongst our strikers, renew a contract and bring in one or two signings. And hold on to our current players, of course.

Your a very knowledgable guy but really what will happen is 5% of what is written here. That's not me being negative

That's me realistic, this isn't football msnager

I think the reason we've done so badly over the last 10-15 years is that there has been no blue print at all, when Fawaz came in, he claimed to have a 4-5 year plan, in reality he doesn't have a clue, people won't like to hear that but so far, it seems that he thinks throwing money at transfers and then sacking managers is a plan. However now is the time for him to implement a plan. He alongside Pearce should look at filling all the positions that Fawaz has sacked, filling them with forward thinking people.

I think this summer we will be able to gauge a real opinion on what type of owner Fawaz is, not through his player recruitment but his off the field appointments.

Too School for Cool

It'll need to be a bloody big blueprint that's all I'll say

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    I think the reason we've done so badly over the last 10-15 years is that there has been no blue print at all, when Fawaz came in, he claimed to have a 4-5 year plan, in reality he doesn't have a clue, people won't like to hear that but so far, it seems that he thinks throwing money at transfers and then sacking managers is a plan. However now is the time for him to implement a plan. He alongside Pearce should look at filling all the positions that Fawaz has sacked, filling them with forward thinking people.

I think this summer we will be able to gauge a real opinion on what type of owner Fawaz is, not through his player recruitment but his off the field appointments.
    This goes without saying.

That is why I said all of the above is in an ideal world and at best 30-40% of this will happen this off-season.

Because I think it will take us another season at least to get our ducks in a row on the playing field on the back of good appointments off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    19-20 is fine. You then add players like Evtimov, Fenton, Blake, Morgan, Osborn, Burke, Walker etc

They must be permanently training with the seniors.
    if you add in the youth then you will have your 23 man squad if I add Blake in my squad I have 5 youth teamers from the system, whatever way you do it mine or yours you need 2 players for every position me personally their isnt enough foreigners in the team too much technically poor British players.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    if you add in the youth then you will have your 23 man squad if I add Blake in my squad I have 5 youth teamers from the system, whatever way you do it mine or yours you need 2 players for every position me personally their isnt enough foreigners in the team too much technically poor British players.
    Don't agree about foreigners:

Majewski
    Abdoun
    Djebbour
    Moussi

All not very good and foreign

Devils favourite advocate

I'd start with an attempt at buying two forward players who know how to put the ball in the net in this country, at this level. you can't rely on goals from midfield see season 2013/2014 for evidence of this.

Banned

What makes anyone think that Fawaz is still going to splash the cash after having his fingers burnt with the Toxic jocks spending habits.

Like Nigel Doughty before him, I would imagine this season has been an enormous learning as to splashing the cash does not bring success overnight.

A left back,defensive midfield and a centre forward.

Get rid of Collins,Harding,Gillett,Greening,Henderson and Moussi

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post

Fuck me finally someone who has written what we all think

Great post

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post
    What makes anyone think that Fawaz is still going to splash the cash after having his fingers burnt with the Toxic jocks spending habits.

Like Nigel Doughty before him, I would imagine this season has been an enormous learning as to splashing the cash does not bring success overnight.
    So it's 15 odd year repeating itself then

Lovely

So I will be going on 50 when we next have a chance of top flight football

I'm off to play with my todger

We're not far away from a top squad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    We're not far away from a top squad at all.
    We are not that far from a relegation squad, either. Fine lines indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Mill View Post
    We are not that far from a relegation squad, either. Fine lines indeed.

All about confidence and organisation. Both of which must be instilled in the summer, and won't be found by a huge overhaul of the squad.

Wolves did that when they suffered a double relegation, so it was understandable. We need to do a Leicester and stay as stable as we can, drafting a few cheaps in and get a bit of confidence going.

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    All about confidence and organisation. Both of which must be instilled in the summer, and won't be found by a huge overhaul of the squad.

Wolves did that when they suffered a double relegation, so it was understandable. We need to do a Leicester and stay as stable as we can, drafting a few cheaps in and get a bit of confidence going.
    Do a Leicester.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post

Don't think Billy watches alot of Greek football.
    I can believe that Wilson, Hobbs, Lichaj, Paterson, Mackie, Fox and Vaughan were signings that Billy signed off on. Not too shabby.

Either Fawaz is prepared to splash the cash ON THE RIGHT PLAYERS* or he'll be happy owning a Championship team for years to come.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post

Either Fawaz is prepared to splash the cash ON THE RIGHT PLAYERS* or he'll be happy owning a Championship team for years to come.
    No shit Sherlock, I bet that revolutionary idea has escaped everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by gedlingred View Post
    Do a Leicester.

By that, I don't mean finish top at the end of next season by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    I can believe that Wilson, Hobbs, Lichaj, Paterson, Mackie, Fox and Vaughan were signings that Billy signed off on. Not too shabby.
    A crock. Another crock. Another crock. Someone he only decided to play at Xmas. Mo Farah. Poor panic signing. Another crock.