Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How would you line-up?

Default Re: How would you line-up?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sutton's lazy eye View Post
    How can that ever be a bad move? Any body with half a brain can see he's a beast. The credibility of a poster making that kind of statement has to be shot down in that one statement.
    Exactly. Sad thing is said poster span more lies and anti-Forest angles than you'd dream possible. Absolutely every action at the CG was given a negative angle, and now he's got his desire in Davies gone he's moved on to Fawaz & Pearce.

EDIT: Talking of which where's Kevin & BillySharp24? Barely seen a post from them since Billy went. thought they'd be spunking for joy

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 15-04-14 at 15:41.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

All about trying players out for next season now really.

Definitely give Peltier some run at RB in the remaining games. Depends what other options are available this summer, but provided he's relatively cheap, he could be worth making permanent if he plays decent there. Would like to see the Algerians start all 4 too, particularly Djebbour. We need to get some idea of whether this guy's doing to contribute next season, because if he isn't, I really think we need to finally bite the bullet and pay for a proven striker.

I'd pretty much go with your first lineup I think, though I'd rather not see Greening start. Don't see a lot of point in carrying on with a 35 year old who's out of contract and about to retire. Is there an academy player on the fringes of the team that we could try out at CM? Jack Blake?

I think we're at the point now where there's no point in playing players who aren't likely to be here next season, I don't see what we can realistically gain from it.

Therefore Jara, Peltier, Greening, Moussi, Derbyshire, Tudgay and the Algerians (likely) can all finish early.

Darlow

Halford
    Lascelles
    Wilson
    Fox

Lansbury
    Osborn
    Radi

Mackie
    Cox
    Paterson

Bench: de Vries, Collins, Harding, Blake, Henderson, Vaughan, Reid. Stick Demitreou (sp?) on the bench of any of those not fit enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rippey89 View Post
    I think we're at the point now where there's no point in playing players who aren't likely to be here next season, I don't see what we can realistically gain from it.

Therefore Jara, Peltier, Greening, Moussi, Derbyshire, Tudgay and the Algerians (likely) can all finish early.

Darlow

Halford
    Lascelles
    Wilson
    Fox

Lansbury
    Osborn
    Radi

Mackie
    Cox
    Paterson

Bench: de Vries, Collins, Harding, Blake, Henderson, Vaughan, Reid. Stick Demitreou (sp?) on the bench of any of those not fit enough.
    Why are the Algerians not going to be here next year? Have I missed something? They'll be under contract, and I can't see teams queueing up to buy them. Surely we aren't throwing in the towel and releasing them on a free already.

Don't think it's completely unthinkable that Peltier could be a Forest player next season either. I think we should at least entertain the idea, since we've decided to pay him for the last few months.

Cox is so clearly not the answer up front that I'd much rather see us try Djebbour. Even if he completely sucks, I still think it's the right decision. At least we'll have learnt something.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven McTowelie View Post
    Why are the Algerians not going to be here next year? Have I missed something? They'll be under contract, and I can't see teams queueing up to buy them. Surely we aren't throwing in the towel and releasing them on a free already......
    Exactly.

It's laughable that there are those who think Djebbour and Abdoun, as well as other contracted players, will automatically be jettisoned by SP because they're not rated by people who post on forums.

De Vries

Harding Wilson Lascelles Fox

Lansbury Osborne Vaughan Paterson

Tudgay Djebbour

I think Darlow needs a rest for a game, at least.

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Exactly.

It's laughable that there are those who think Djebbour and Abdoun, as well as other contracted players, will automatically be jettisoned by SP because they're not rated by people who post on forums.
    Correct, I still can't understand how folk are calling djebbour shit, he's started 3 games FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Exactly.

I think that the plot is a little thicker than that. Do you not think it likely that Pearce is acutely aware of the current situation (both players not even on the bench) with the pair? I'm sure he's already analysing wage structures etc., and if it were me I'd be slightly concerned that two of the highest earners (speculation, but likely) aren't even remotely involved. His history with Abdoun is also relevant, of course. I'll be amazed if both are still representing Forest next season

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    I think that the plot is a little thicker than that. Do you not think it likely that Pearce is acutely aware of the current situation (both players not even on the bench) with the pair? I'm sure he's already analysing wage structures etc., and if it were me I'd be slightly concerned that two of the highest earners (speculation, but likely) aren't even remotely involved. His history with Abdoun is also relevant, of course. I'll be amazed if both are still representing Forest next season
    I don't foresee any out-of-contract players being offered new ones, whilst the rest, in my opinion, will probably have a clean slate.

Although none of us are actually relying on anything other than guesswork.

I'm with those who say to give Blake a chance for the last few games. I think he needs someone with experience next to him though. I also think that Osborn could do with someone with experience next to him (though he's done well). Given that they are recovering from injury, I would share the load between Lansbury and Reid, for the latter role.

Darlow

Peltier Lascelles Wilson Fox

Greening Blake

Paterson Reid/Lansbury Osborn

Tudgay/Djebbour

I think Tudgay is the only striker we have that can play up top on his own, but Djebbour is the one who would most benefit from the service of the attacking 3 midfielders, playing on the shoulder of the last defender.

Quote Originally Posted by bgd View Post
    Darlow

Jara Lascelles Wilson Fox

Lansbury Vaughan Blake

Paterson Osborn
    Mackie
    Oh no, not the dreaded Christmas Tree. 4-4-F**king-2

Quote Originally Posted by steppan View Post
    For me Mackie and Cox would get nowhere near the team, they don't DO enough. Yes they work hard but their jobs are to score goals and they just don't do that, so for me they have to be dropped. Plus, and I could be getting this all wrong here, but when I see Forest play it just seems like all these 2 do is run, make mistakes and then have a go at other players.
    If players received bonuses for turnovers, Mackie would be the highest paid player on the squad. The amount of times that opposition players make mistakes because he is running around like that is unreal. Cox is less so, because he is generally up against centre backs, who are less likely to make mistakes that wingers or full backs (unless you are counting our centre backs).

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    EDIT: Talking of which where's Kevin & BillySharp24? Barely seen a post from them since Billy went. thought they'd be spunking for joy
    Kevin was on quite a bit after BD got sacked. He was uncharacteristically positive. I actually thought you 2 had swapped accounts for a while