Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you line-up?

Default How would you line-up?

Reading through some of the more recent threads there seems to be a forum-wide (and probably fan-wide) feeling that Gary Brazil is just getting it wrong with his tactics and personnel. Some might disagree or maybe I'm reading it all wrong but how do you guys think we should line up with the players currently at our disposal, their match fitness and this supposed falling out in the squad?

Ideally this is how I would have liked us to be lining up:

4-2-3-1

Darlow
    Peltier Lascelles Wilson Fox(?)
    Lansbury Greening
    Paterson
    Osborn Abdoun
    Djebbour

I know a lot of people don't rate Greening but I think that based on what we have available and the performances over the past handful of games I think he has been one of our more dependable players who combines good work ethic with good performance.
    For me Mackie and Cox would get nowhere near the team, they don't DO enough. Yes they work hard but their jobs are to score goals and they just don't do that, so for me they have to be dropped. Plus, and I could be getting this all wrong here, but when I see Forest play it just seems like all these 2 do is run, make mistakes and then have a go at other players.

Depending on the opposition and whether we are playing at home or not and generally as a plan B in case 'Plan A' isn't working, my secondary line-up would be something along the lines of:

4-1-2-1-2

Darlow
    Lansbury
    Abdoun Osborn
    Paterson
    Tudgay Djebbour
    This formation would be somewhat flexible with Osborn and Paterson forming either a narrow diamond or playing as wide men if need be. If was a big game I'd maybe opt out of playing Osborn and instead put Jara in and swap him with Abdoun so Jara is on right wing with Peltier staying at RB. but as there are no big games left for us I'd rather play the youngster than Jara who's already clearly thinking about the world cup.
    Also it would be a toss up between Derbyshire and Tudgay but went with Tudders coz he's got something left to prove if he wants to stay at the club, and is also less likely to be involved in any internal 'spat' that may be happening.

Right now it's about looking to the future and putting out a team that's going to compete regardless of whether there's something to play for or not. So I'd be tempted to bring in Blake onto the bench and possibly give him some minutes too. It's all about playing the youngsters and the players who will likely get played next year so we can start working on an understanding.

So what do you guys think? would your choice be something similar or would it be completely different? Or do you think Gary Brazil has been getting his tactics/line-ups pretty spot on?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: How would you line-up?

I don't think he's getting it that wrong at all really. Derbyshire was a strange choice and yet he scored but aside from that what other real changes would you have made yesterday? I wouldn't have made many, if any at all.

The problem is two things. A lack of organisation at the back. It's basic stuff not closing down, tracking runners, marking etc. it's far too easy to score against us.

The other issue, attitude. Everyone is clearly looking to the summer. It's just wrong. How can you blame the players though, the fans and media have decided this is a fresh start in the summer that's needed, the owner's actions imply very similar sentiments. There's nothing to play for anymore apparently and it shows on the pitch.

The bloke was scuppered from the moment we appointed someone to take over in the summer really. All that really needs doing is somehow getting these players fired up but when you look at all going on around you, it's a mammoth task.

Footy Manager Researcher

I'd be controversial and play without a striker.

I'd have...

Darlow

Peltier
    Fox
    Lascelles
    Wilson

Vaughan
    Reid
    Lansbury

Osborn
    Paterson
    Mackie

Let Reid and Lansbury try and run the game from the middle, and lets go for it.

I doubt any manager could select a team from what we currently have available that would please all the fans. GB makes his choice and takes the responsibility. Many sat behind their keyboards want to make choices without any responsibility or consequences for them. We have a number of weak links in the squad and GB has to select them because there are currently no viable alternatives. I don't know why Djebbour or Abdoun are not selected, but I am sure there are rational reasons known to GB so I have to respect that.

Darlow
    Jara Lascelles Wilson Fox
    Peltier
    Mackie Lansbury Abdoun
    Paterson
    Djebbour

Darlow.

Peltier. Lascelles. Wilson. Fox

Osborn Lansbury. Abdoun

Mackie Paterson

Tudgay

It's with a heavy heart I pick Tudgay as I don't really rate him a jot, but it think it will be more beneficial to the team as a whole.
    I'm not convinced by Djebbour and Cox has himself to blame. I also think he's too similar to Mackie (personal opinion).
    Of course it's making the best of an injured bunch.

i wonder if mackie would make a better wing back than forward hes got the legs for it

It's always a sign of a team doing well when it virtually picks itself. Earlier this season and most people's 1st 11s would be the same or very similar.

Looking at team selections now and it really reflects what a state we're in.

Still makes me wonder why some were telling us between Aug-Jan that things were awful.

Darlow

Peltier Lascelles Wilson Fox

Lansbury Greening

Mackie Osbourn Pato

Derbyshire

Though obviously thats with a view that the ball is played on the deck and not lumped up to Derbyshire.

I dont understand this falling out malarkey. They are grown men. Grow some balls, man up and get on with it. It sounds like a couple of our lads are getting too big for their boots ie Cox and Mackie. Its funny because didnt Mackie fall out with the 'big time' players at QPR aswell. Sounds like an inferiority complex to me as opposed to a dislike of attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by steppan View Post
    Reading through some of the more recent threads there seems to be a forum-wide (and probably fan-wide) feeling that Gary Brazil is just getting it wrong with his tactics and personnel. Some might disagree or maybe I'm reading it all wrong but how do you guys think we should line up with the players currently at our disposal, their match fitness and this supposed falling out in the squad?

Ideally this is how I would have liked us to be lining up:

4-2-3-1

Darlow
    Lansbury Greening
    Paterson
    Osborn Abdoun
    Djebbour

I know a lot of people don't rate Greening but I think that based on what we have available and the performances over the past handful of games I think he has been one of our more dependable players who combines good work ethic with good performance.
    For me Mackie and Cox would get nowhere near the team, they don't DO enough. Yes they work hard but their jobs are to score goals and they just don't do that, so for me they have to be dropped. Plus, and I could be getting this all wrong here, but when I see Forest play it just seems like all these 2 do is run, make mistakes and then have a go at other players.

Depending on the opposition and whether we are playing at home or not and generally as a plan B in case 'Plan A' isn't working, my secondary line-up would be something along the lines of:

4-1-2-1-2

Darlow
    Lansbury
    Abdoun Osborn
    Paterson
    Tudgay Djebbour
    This formation would be somewhat flexible with Osborn and Paterson forming either a narrow diamond or playing as wide men if need be. If was a big game I'd maybe opt out of playing Osborn and instead put Jara in and swap him with Abdoun so Jara is on right wing with Peltier staying at RB. but as there are no big games left for us I'd rather play the youngster than Jara who's already clearly thinking about the world cup.
    Also it would be a toss up between Derbyshire and Tudgay but went with Tudders coz he's got something left to prove if he wants to stay at the club, and is also less likely to be involved in any internal 'spat' that may be happening.

Right now it's about looking to the future and putting out a team that's going to compete regardless of whether there's something to play for or not. So I'd be tempted to bring in Blake onto the bench and possibly give him some minutes too. It's all about playing the youngsters and the players who will likely get played next year so we can start working on an understanding.

So what do you guys think? would your choice be something similar or would it be completely different? Or do you think Gary Brazil has been getting his tactics/line-ups pretty spot on?
    You state Cox & Mackie aren't in the side because they don't score,then you have Djebbour upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    You state Cox & Mackie aren't in the side because they don't score,then you have Djebbour upfront.
    Yes I am aware but based on what's available there are not strikers who can score to pick from. However Mackie and cox have been playing all season without scoring, and were included in the side during what was arguably our strongest period. Djebbour, however, hasn't made a home debut and has played an average of 30mins per game, I think he deserves a shot in a half decent squad alongside players than can carve out opportunities, unlike the squad that lined up throughout most of Feb n march.

Interesting to see others that think peltier ought to be put at RB and jars dropped. From what I've seen peltier looks like he can play but he is way too slow with the ball to play in cm position, he kills any momentum we have when we break.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    It's always a sign of a team doing well when it virtually picks itself. Earlier this season and most people's 1st 11s would be the same or very similar............
    Seems like our porcine friend has found his natural home Alf.

And, guess what, he's happily spreading his doom and gloom as to who WON'T be in next season's line-up.

http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.u...27756&posts=15

I don't know where Vaughan and Reid are in terms of potentially starting, i'm hoping Vaughan might be able to and Reid to come off the bench.

I'd go with...

Darlow

Jara Lascelles Wilson Fox

Lansbury Vaughan Blake

Paterson Osborn
    Mackie

i'm assuming Abdoun and Djebbour are still off limits.

It was tought between Mackie and Cox. I just think Cox is not only in dire form, but also rock bottom confidence wise. I know Derbyshire is an option, but he's just so, so weak. With Mackie my thoughts are he'll work hard, pressure defenders, nick the ball and then have Lansbury and Pato around him to use the space.

I'd start Blake and Osborn to just give them opportunities. There's no way we're making the play-offs. So lets give Osborn more time and Blake a glimpse of action. He'll be best protected in a midfield 3, he's very much a ball player so he'll fit in well with Vaughan and Lansbury.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post

And, guess what, he's happily spreading his doom and gloom as to who WON'T be in next season's line-up.

ah, I wondered what had become of Porks

How come he was banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe Gariboldi View Post
    ah, I wondered what had become of Porks

How come he was banned?
    Abuse, I'd assume?

The fact he's added "LTLF" to his Vital name would suggest he's feeling maudlin for this place.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 15-04-14 at 10:20.

..............Darlow...........
    Jara...Lascelles....Wilson....Fox
    .............Peltier............
    .......Blake.......Lansbury......
    Paterson.................Osbourn
    .............Djebbour..........

Alternatively, Derbyshire up front if Djebbs is 'unavailable'.

Tell Blake and Lansbury to bust a gut to get beyond the front man at any point and tell the wingers to stay as wide as possible and run at their man at every single opportunity. Peltier is told to simply sit infront of his back four, not stray and give the ball forwards as quickly as possible.

Ball stays on the deck wherever possible and we always look to feed the wingers.

Most of the players in the squad should be able to perform to the required standard in the Championship.
    The performance issue stems from upheaval within the club, the absence of a quality manager and coaching staff.
    Until that is sorted you could perm any starting 11 from the 23 in the squad and still have a losing side!

Why anyone would risk Lansbury and Wilson now our playoff chances are all but over is beyond me.

Darlow
    Peltier Lascelles Collins Harding
    Mackie Greening Osbourne Patterson
    Derbyshire Tudgay

I'd play Peltier at rb to see how good he is in his natural position. The rest speak for themselves. Derbyshire and Tudgay because they are better than the rest, give them a run of games and see how many they score.

Not that type of player

I see he's still obsessed with Derby doing well.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Davies gone, so now let's stir the pot up by spreading fear about other things instead. It's none-stop.

I wonder if other clubs has as many folk out to self-harm? Or as many other fans suckered in by it?

I've noticed that a lot of the same posters screaming "Davies out" all season have now switched to "Fawaz is shit". Totally ignoring the fact he gave them just what they wanted

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 15-04-14 at 12:33.

Davies gone, so now let's stir the pot up by spreading fear about other things instead. It's none-stop.

I wonder if other clubs has as many folk out to self-harm? Or as many other fans suckered in by it?

I've noticed that a lot of the same posters screaming "Davies out" all season have now switched to "Fawaz is shit". Totally ignoring the fact he gave them just what they wanted
    Just like many of those who masquerade as Forest fans to send abusive tweets to Fawaz, I'm convinced that Porks, like several other prominent members on Vital, in reality supports a rival club.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 15-04-14 at 13:43.

Just like many of those who masquerade as Forest fans to send abusive tweets to Fawaz, I'm convinced that Porks, like several other prominent members on Vital, in reality supports a rival club.
    Aye, even if their intentions don't their actions most certainly do.

The Hobbs saga is the worst ever case I've seen of blatant anti-Forest-ness. Signing potential player of the season, arguably best CB in the league, key figure, 24 y/o stalwart and likely captain for under 1m a "bad move"?

Devils favourite advocate

Aye, even if their intentions don't their actions most certainly do.

The Hobbs saga is the worst ever case I've seen of blatant anti-Forest-ness. Signing potential player of the season, arguably best CB in the league, key figure, 24 y/o stalwart and likely captain for under 1m a "bad move"?
    How can that ever be a bad move? Any body with half a brain can see he's a beast. The credibility of a poster making that kind of statement has to be shot down in that one statement.

Drop Jara for sure, play 442 with wingers and big man little man combo up front.

Darlow
    Pelts Lascelles Wilson Fox
    Pato Lansbury Osbourn Abdoun
    Hendo Derbyshire.

Or Djebbour for Derbyshire if we want to give him a chance.