Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Darius Henderson is a footballer...............

Default Re: If Darius Henderson is a footballer...............

If it's not fair to judge Djebbour on fleeting sub appearances, why is it ok to judge Henderson on them? I'm not defending his recent performances - they've been poor - but expecting him to change the game in a 10 minute spell is silly... especially when we just start desperately hoofing it up to him like he's Peter fecking Crouch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

A little nudge and he goes down as though he's been shit and on the rare occasions he keeps his feet to receive the ball it bounces off him as though he is built of misshapen bricks.

You don't need game time to stay on your bloody feet and show a bit of spirit.

*shot😃😃😃😃😃

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    A little nudge and he goes down as though he's been shit and on the rare occasions he keeps his feet to receive the ball it bounces off him as though he is built of misshapen bricks.

You don't need game time to stay on your bloody feet and show a bit of spirit.
    Exactly. Its not form its total lack of any footballing quality.

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    If it's not fair to judge Djebbour on fleeting sub appearances, why is it ok to judge Henderson on them? I'm not defending his recent performances - they've been poor - but expecting him to change the game in a 10 minute spell is silly... especially when we just start desperately hoofing it up to him like he's Peter fecking Crouch
    Tudgay has 20min on the pitch tuesday, totally changed the game by working hard, having a lovely first touch and giving us an aerial threat. When was the last time he got minutes under his belt?

I'm not expecting him to have a worldie but a complete lack of effort and footballing ability. I'd rather keep Tudgay at the club next season and palm off Henderson to some sap willing to pay his wages.

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Tudgay has 20min on the pitch tuesday, totally changed the game by working hard, having a lovely first touch and giving us an aerial threat. When was the last time he got minutes under his belt?

I'm not expecting him to have a worldie but a complete lack of effort and footballing ability. I'd rather keep Tudgay at the club next season and palm off Henderson to some sap willing to pay his wages.
    Tudgay at least kept the ball in the last 3rd. If the ball goes to Hendo or Derbyshire it comes straight back. Hendo is also supposed to have arial ability but never wins the ball or knocks it nowhere near a Forest player. They also provide limited movement to the midfield.

ps. Where was Tudgay today? He deserved a start after Tuesday's sub performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    Tudgay at least kept the ball in the last 3rd. If the ball goes to Hendo or Derbyshire it comes straight back. Hendo is also supposed to have arial ability but never wins the ball or knocks it nowhere near a Forest player. They also provide limited movement to the midfield.
    Agree with that bar the bit about movement. Derbyshire has had a thankless task these last two games because the service has been beyond woeful to him. I thought he has ran the channels very well and worked his bollocks off for the side.

I had hoped that with the whole court thing behind him and having been cleared, Henderson would focus and throw himself into his game. Sadly, all I've seen since is apathy and a lack of determination.

I've never rated him for a full 90 minutes but believe he's been effective as a substitution giving us an extra presence and edge up front towards the end of a game when legs are tired.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet of (Ab)'doun View Post
    ps. Where was Tudgay today? He deserved a start after Tuesday's sub performance.
    I think it was Brazil during his post match interview who said Tudgay had suffered a knock during his appearance against Sheffield Wednesday.

If darius hendersons a footballer .........

Then Harold shipmans a cracking gp

I'm not his bigget fan by any stretch of the imagination... but disregarding the large quantity of goals he scored for us earlier in the season and saying 'Tudgay is better!' is unfair

Unbelievably bad today, think that will be last last we'll see of him this season after that. Really disappointed in Jara and Fox in particular today as well...don't like picking out individuals but those 2 were shocking imho!

Another waste of space at the club.
    Get rid.

You would have more joy if you stuck a pinball machine bumper in their final third

I've not rated him much this season really. He's really annoying a lot of the time, looks more interested in roughing up defenders than getting the ball.

I'd still keep him though. Decent bit-part player, has a role.

Tudders number 1 fan

I hate him get rid.

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    I'm not his bigget fan by any stretch of the imagination... but disregarding the large quantity of goals he scored for us earlier in the season and saying 'Tudgay is better!' is unfair
    I see things how they are. I was initially a fan of Hendo when he first came (mainly after him and Wood played so well against us). I thought he was a decent option to have, big hold up striker who is an aerial threat and score a half decent rate of goals.

Sadly what we have it a hold up striker with the first touch of a club fisted rapist and the aerial ability of Raddi Majewski's dwarf cousin. Very rarely does he bring the ball under control, very rarely does he bring people into play, very rarely does he win a header which goes close to doing what he wanted.

Tudgay, despite him being no world beater gives you 110% on the pitch, usually has a pretty decent first touch and is good in the air. Henderson's goal to game record is a little better but as a 3/4th choice option for next season, give me Tudgay any day of the week.

Default If Darius Henderson is a footballer...............

what we have it a hold up striker with the first touch of a club fisted rapist and the aerial ability of Raddi Majewski's dwarf cousin. Very rarely does he bring the ball under control, very rarely does he bring people into play, very rarely does he win a header which goes close to doing what he wanted.

Tudgay, despite him being no world beater gives you 110% on the pitch, usually has a pretty decent first touch and is good in the air. Henderson's goal to game record is a little better but as a 3/4th choice option for next season, give me Tudgay any day of the week.
    Agreed.

I see things how they are. I was initially a fan of Hendo when he first came (mainly after him and Wood played so well against us). I thought he was a decent option to have, big hold up striker who is an aerial threat and score a half decent rate of goals.

Sadly what we have it a hold up striker with the first touch of a club fisted rapist and the aerial ability of Raddi Majewski's dwarf cousin. Very rarely does he bring the ball under control, very rarely does he bring people into play, very rarely does he win a header which goes close to doing what he wanted.

I agree with what you say about Hendo but I'd get rid of Tudgay as well. Its the one area we need the biggest upgrade on . Tudgay doesn't fit that bill for me.