Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mud Sticks

Default Re: Mud Sticks

It's no wonder the academy has produced so little comparatively.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I think the quicker he's back coaching kids the better. Wherever that may be.

As per the question posed by the author of this thread, it washes off.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'

Quote Originally Posted by TheEastIsRed View Post
    One thing you can say about Gary B, he's consistent.
    no wins in 21 is it?

When I think about Brazil I wonder about specific choices he has made, such as why play Collins if Gomis is fit, as we know how Collins plays with a run in the side (fine alongside Hobbs, not fine otherwise) but Gomis can't be judged without a run. He's certainly more nimble and that would be likely to help with our weakness defending down our left. Then there's the Algerian conundrum and Jara too frequently at DM and the notion that perhaps the more experienced De Vries might with a run develop a more commanding relationship with whatever defence we can muster.

On top of that, there's the tactical decisions and attempts to address certain problems like the striker starting lineups which see him playing two up front but having no means of feeding them anything. Lastly, bringing on Lansbury to chase a game for his first 45 minutes back rather than starting him and taking the initiative.

The problem is, though, I don't know what training performances are like and I don't know what the fitness of any individuals is, so therein might be many of the answers. That piece Des Walker did about how you can't play these days if your piss is the wrong colour on match day was surprising and interesting... Perhaps Brazil has better plans in place but the selections he trains towards for match day are all being undone by this quirk of fate hours before kick-off. If so, I can't see how any manager would ever prosper without like for like cover in all positions, which we don't have the luxury of. Christ, if a player is slightly dehydrated, give them a drink of water.

I've said all crisis long that our main issue has been not just the skill taken out of the side but the less tangible assets certain players bring. Man United haven't put a bad player on the pitch all season, every one of their players is very capable in the right team but just like us, the combinations they are able to put out lack that magic which holds it all together.

Look at Black Sabbath - Ronnie James Dio is by any measure a better singer than Ozzy Osbourne... But were the Dio era albums as good as the Ozzy ones? Were they fuck. It's cruel that when we finally have a proper squad in place with perfectly decent players to bring in where needed - like Collins and Lascelles - injuries have set us on a course of slow disintegration. That's the right word for it - we've not been as integrated as we were, and there's too many reasons, hidden, debatable or obvious, to make a conclusive judgement on it all.

Add to that the fact that Brazil isn't a great first team manager anyway and we've got a receipt for endless navel-gazing. I'm not disappointed in him because I had no expectations. I'll judge his other role performance on the players from his stewardship that come through.

After a second viewing of the game I feel that Brazil's dual subs on 65 was the game changer!

Quote Originally Posted by Well Red View Post
    After a second viewing of the game I feel that Brazil's dual subs on 65 was the game changer!
    Losing Lansbury made a difference. When he's on the pitch he provides a bit of fight and mobility higher up the pitch. When he faded that urgency went. When he was subbed it completely went. In fairness he was subbed no doubt because he has only had a couple of half games after being out for 3 months. We then had Greening and Peltier playing alongside each other with a huge gap in midfield. When Hendreson came on we lumped it up to him only for it to come straight back because he has the touch of an elephant and no arial ability for someone who is billed as that type of player.

Mud certainly stuck to Halford's backside and boots for the 3rd goal on Saturday