Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mud Sticks

Default Mud Sticks

So they say!

If so how much damage is this doing to GBs reputation as Academy manager ?

He's shown no tactical nowse IMO? We concede as soon as we get some momentum.
    He's shown favouritism to shit? Collins and Mackie
    Weak motivationally and as a leader? Aloud the Algerians to be pushed out
    And hasn't got any idea how to get results

Of course a lot of that is opinions but what qualities has he shown?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Mud Sticks

It's utterly pointless laying the blame on him. He didn't ask for this

Quote Originally Posted by ISM View Post
    So they say!

If so how much damage is this doing to GBs reputation as Academy manager ?

He's shown no tactical nowse IMO? We concede as soon as we get some momentum.
    He's shown favouritism to shit? Collins and Mackie
    Weak motivationally and as a leader? Aloud the Algerians to be pushed out
    And hasn't got any idea how to get results

Of course a lot of that is opinions but what qualities has he shown?
    your right he should have thrown all the youngsters in to the pressure zone and destroyed them as well.We have already had morons slagging pato,darlow and lascelles off this season even though it is their first at this level.

The man isnt a miracle worker. Confidence is that low even Jose Mourinho could'nt organise that team

Left Winger

Default Mud Sticks

Results though are not the be-all and end-all for an Academy manager.

It's all about getting players educated and coached and into the first team.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

I don't think any of you are reading the thread title. My opinions and anyone else's are just that!
    The question is " how much damage is it doing to his reputation". If the answer is none, then you're naive. There are a lot more qualities than those I've stated above in running an academy, I agree.

But do you want the Ac Director to be a good tactition or a poor one?
    Do you want him to be weak or strong?
    Do you players to respect him or walk all over him?
    Do you want him to read the games and make changes which make a positive impact?

For most of us this is our first look at GBs skill base.
    I agree it's not his fault he's in this position or the main reason we are going downhill.
    Does mud stick?

Aaaaarrrrggggghhhh Billy.
    Aaaaarrrrggggghhhh Gary Brazil.

What has been the constant throughout our slump? The players, or lack of. I cannot believe some people continue to overlook this.

Left Winger

Default Mud Sticks

I don't.

With our first choice XI fit and available we would be higher up the league.

Edit; Burnley have used only 23 players this season. Look where they are.

Let's face it Brazil is crap
    Argentina ain't much better

Billy Davies was our manager. The expectation was for his to get us promoted this season. He failed.

Gary Brazil is a caretaker manager and it's his job to do what he can with what he has available to him. I can't imagine anyone else doing any better. The experience will do him good and I doubt it will have any negative effect upon his future career with youth teams.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'

Should have put Charlie in charge.

Left Winger

And Frank.

He doesn't do himself any favours with some of his choices i don't think but Academy football and coaching is very different to managing a Championship team.

Left Winger

It is. No real pressure on results at Academy level.

I don't even know if Charlie and Frank were available and if they were they probably turned it down knowing exactly what the chances were for open criticism from the fanbase.

Billy had the benefit of his back up staff and with Rob and Ned to bounce things off. As far as I'm aware, Brazil is pretty much making his own decisions. For all pressure he's under and whatever is happening behind the scenes, I reckon he's doing the best he can.

The alternative, other than the tea lady, is probably Fawaz doing it all himself.

This thread

If he was a good first team manager he wouldn't be an academy manager.

Quote Originally Posted by RufusTFirefly View Post
    If he was a good first team manager he wouldn't be an academy manager.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    Billy Davies was our manager. The expectation was for his to get us promoted this season. He failed.

Gary Brazil is a caretaker manager and it's his job to do what he can with what he has available to him. I can't imagine anyone else doing any better. The experience will do him good and I doubt it will have any negative effect upon his future career with youth teams.
    Not to go over old ground or to call for the return of the previous manager! ....But purely in terms of on-the-field events, Billy didn't "fail". Things happen which affect seasons. The more significant factor in our demise has been the injuries. No matter who was in charge...Ferguson, Guardiola or even Clough in his pomp...we would have failed to deliver promotion this season once we lost 7 key players.

And Gary Brazil has the same "excuse", by the way. The team he is being forced to put out isn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post

Its not Brazil fault obviously and it shouldn't hurt his youth coaching career but I take exception in saying no one could do any better I think Davies would of had more points or Warnock even Peter Reid. Brazil is not a motivator and I have never come on here to defend Billy's off field antics and I approved of his sacking in principle but practically this situation makes no sense the only benifit I see is we get radio interviews that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1988 View Post
    Aaaaarrrrggggghhhh Billy.
    Aaaaarrrrggggghhhh Gary Brazil.

What has been the constant throughout our slump? The players, or lack of. I cannot believe some people continue to overlook this.
    That's all well and good, and if we want to be competing at the top of the league and getting results against the Leicesters, Burnleys and QPRs then I'd agree with you. BUT our current set of players should still be expected of getting results against the teams at the bottom such as Barnsley, Charlton and Milwall.

So YES it's unfortunate that we have so many injuries but we should still be expecting better from our team. Our 'reserve' side SHOULD still be good enough to get results against those kinda of sides, so it poses the questions.... is it down to

a) poor tactics and management?
    b) are the players not good enough that it's unfair to expect any kind of results against teams at the bottom of the league, even if a handful of first team players are missing?

if a) is your answer then the fans are right to criticise Brazil
    if b) is your answer then we seriously need a reality check if we think we're good enough for promotion. Promotion is gained for a good squad not a good starting 11.

Personally I don't think it's people forgetting we have key injuries (how can we forget?!) but it's moreover that we're expecting a little better from the team that we all believe ARE good enough to be achieving results against lowly opposition

Good thread

I think his reputation has been tarnished.

Since billy left the work rate has dropped. The quality of play has dipped further. The tactics are terrible. It's just hoofed up front.

I'm seriously concerned for the youth coming through

The football is total dross injuries or not

I'm not trying to kick GB! But can't agree with the happy clappers! Knowone including them have been impressed with anything he has done as 1st team manager. I would have been happier seeing more youngsters given a chance and building up their CV. The only positive has been Ben Osbournes inclusion.

Many temporary managers have been successful and I didn't expect GB to be one of them but is it ok to be truly dreadful whilst your manager?
    My own view is that Fawaz will be watching far more closely what GB achieves with the kids from now on as he has a lot to prove at that level.

One thing you can say about Gary B, he's consistent.