Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Peltier

Default Lee Peltier

With the aim of desperately trying to find something positive, Peltier has actually looked pretty decent, I would not mind signing him permanently in the summer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tudders number 1 fan

Default Re: Lee Peltier

Looked good would be happy for him to sign in July.

Left Winger

Me too. Does a decent job well and an upgrade on what we currently have for that role, especially as we will be unlikely to see Greening, Jara or Moussi next season.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Will eventualy turn to shit. Its a tradition at Forest.

I like him. He gets tackles in, stays goal side, not often caught out of position, tracks quite well, is pretty careful with the ball and makes some good passes - he does the basics of the job right. I thought he was a right back but he seems to be quite adept as a holding midfielder which has been a problem position all season, two seasons, a long time. If we can have him, Vaughan, Lansbury, Osborn and Cohen in our squad for next season, hopefully they at least 2 of them will be available for every game and we won't have to play shite like Greening and Moussi.

If it's a choice between paying £1m for Peltier and promoting Blake to the first team, it's Blake every time

Peltier has been neither good nor bad. I haven't seen a single flash of 'quality' though, to be honest

He is James Perch

Was alright a few useless hoof balls, but all our players seem to do that. I thought Osborn was the brightest thing today. Came on the pitch and showed he can actually take corners consistently, gets an assist and was one of the only players to actually run at QPR.

Yeah, sign him up.
    Hope Fox's paperwork gets lost.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    He is James Perch
    Who, let us not forget, went on to play in the Premier League!

Just out of interest - what has Peltier done to make people think he's worth paying money for? When Vaughan came in I thought 'Hmm, yes, he's good' within about 10 minutes. All I've seen Peltier do is misplace passes and get stuck in a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    Just out of interest - what has Peltier done to make people think he's worth paying money for? When Vaughan came in I thought 'Hmm, yes, he's good' within about 10 minutes. All I've seen Peltier do is misplace passes and get stuck in a little bit
    been better than Jara, Moussi and Halford, which, admittedly, isnt a very high bar, but would be a cheap backup option

He's a good championship player, so I would personally avoid him. Not being intentionally negative - but half of our players that are playing at the moment are good championship players. If we are making any additions they need to be top championship and lower Premier League signings. Just my opinion, he's good, but not good enough for promotion if that's what we are aiming for.

He hasn't done anything special and I haven't seen him put in a great performance. Just looks average, like most of our fit players at the moment.

If he was a freebie fair enough. He adds a little bit of mobility and bite. He can play a few positions and looks okay with ball at feet. He isn't top drawer but he does a job certainly. As a CM I would put him above Moussi, Jara and Halford. If Vaughan is fit he is a much better option but lack of fitness has been his downfall.

He is James Perch
    My thinking exactly

He is James Perch
    Although not sure if you mean that as a positive or negative, it's not a bad comparison.

Like Perch, Peltier can be relied upon to do a decent job in defence and midfield. I wasn't sure about him before but I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    That's how desperate we've become. The current crop are so gutless and lacking in heart anyone who even puts a tackle in is now given motm for us. NEver worth a million but if free then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    Although not sure if you mean that as a positive or negative, it's not a bad comparison.

Like Perch, Peltier can be relied upon to do a decent job in defence and midfield. I wasn't sure about him before but I like him.
    A slightly more solid Perch, less erratic.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    Yeah, sign him up.
    Hope Fox's paperwork gets lost.
    Let's hope were so inept at this transfer as out previous transfers have shown.

Looks OK at the moment but will turn to shit before the ink on his contract runs dry like most of the others.

looks ok, but then he isn't part of the problem.

I'd take him, I think he has been one of the few bright sparks. Tackles well enough, distributes well enough, gets around the pitch, puts the effort it.

Very average from what I've seen so far. But that is somehow an upgrade on what we've seen from others in centre mid of late!

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Peltier is decent. He doesn't shirk from either hard work or responsibility, which is something we have been lacking since the injury crisis.

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Agree with the 'decent/ok' consensus here I think. Would be useful to see him play RB before passing judgement really but assuming he'd be cheap (and I imagine any unwanted Leeds United player would meet that criteria) I wouldn't mind us making him permanent. Given that Jara will likely be departing this summer (fingers crossed) we're going to need to add some depth at RB/CM. And we can't really expect to have a bunch of superstars on the bench at this level.