Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 101 to 108 of 108

Thread: Season Over !!

      
  1. #101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,116

    Default Re: Season Over !!

    Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    I am not convinced he would know how to take advantage of a squad that included the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Inesta, Bale and other world class players.

    He'd still have them losing every week to poor teams, and saying "something is wrong, but I don't know what"


    I am genuinely concerned that Gary Brazil will is in charge of our academy, it does not bode well for the future.

    Gary Brazil has been unfortunate really. He's trying to run the academy when everything above is falling down around him. Now he's trying to firefight when again, everything is falling down around him, and there's no stability or structure. Tough job, he's no miracle worker.

    He should be kept at the academy because we need a constant, he'll probably be the only constant at the club, and it could reap rewards in the future.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #102

    Default Re: Season Over !!

    Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    Gary Brazil has been unfortunate really. He's trying to run the academy when everything above is falling down around him. Now he's trying to firefight when again, everything is falling down around him, and there's no stability or structure. Tough job, he's no miracle worker.

    He should be kept at the academy because we need a constant, he'll probably be the only constant at the club, and it could reap rewards in the future.
    1 win in 30-odd games at different clubs isn't the record of a manager who's unfortunate. It's the record of one who is wank.

    Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 14-04-14 at 15:30.

  4. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    On The Red Carpet
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: Season Over !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    1 win in 30-odd games at different clubs isn't the record of a man who's unfortunate. It's the record of one who is wank.



  5. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,116

    Default Re: Season Over !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    1 win in 30-odd games at different clubs isn't the record of a man who's unfortunate. It's the record of one who is wank.
    True, not saying he's a great manager.

    But he's at the level he belongs at in the academy, it was unfortunate that he was thrust into an impossible situation, and even more unfortunate that he's now tarred with the messy brush, with many wondering why he'll remain at the club.


  6. #105

    Default Re: Season Over !!

    Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    True, not saying he's a great manager.

    But he's at the level he belongs at in the academy, it was unfortunate that he was thrust into an impossible situation, and even more unfortunate that he's now tarred with the messy brush, with many wondering why he'll remain at the club.
    That's why, like some of us said most of the season, you don't create an impossible situation in the first place. And if it's not of your creation you let those who did create it sort it out themselves without thrusting someone into said situation without planning, preparation as you say.

    But hey, all that logic's just Billy bumming right?


  7. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,116

    Default Re: Season Over !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    That's why, like some of us said most of the season, you don't create an impossible situation in the first place. And if it's not of your creation you let those who did create it sort it out themselves without thrusting someone into said situation without planning, preparation as you say.

    But hey, all that logic's just Billy bumming right?

    For the short term it's obviously an unwelcome consequence, but as it all settles down and the football stops, and things at the club start to be put in place, we'll all realise why the decision was made when it was.

    I'd prefer we watched the hangover now, rather than at the start of next season which could've brought another managerial sacking and another season to completely write off.


  8. #107
    Better Call Saul!
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cooking
    Posts
    7,569

    Default Re: Season Over !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgford_71 View Post
    This needs belting out against Brum, depending on the game of course.
    I just strangely started humming it after the game and I think belting it out at the game would be the correct way it should be sung!


  9. #108

    Default Re: Season Over !!

    Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    For the short term it's obviously an unwelcome consequence, but as it all settles down and the football stops, and things at the club start to be put in place, we'll all realise why the decision was made when it was.

    I'd prefer we watched the hangover now, rather than at the start of next season which could've brought another managerial sacking and another season to completely write off.
    It was perfectly achievable to get us into the same position without the hangover, and a better shot at the playoffs/higher league position.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •