Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Gary Brazil, YET AGAIN Interim-Manager!

Default Re: Gary Brazil, YET AGAIN Interim-Manager!

Quote Originally Posted by JRSG View Post
    I think the worst thing to do now, would be to give Brazil the job. He's too valuable to the club to be the manager. Instead he needs to be behind the scenes and used as an important voice with influence over the whole project at Forest. Manager's and Players will come and go, but ensuring he stays and influences the academy and general philosophy of the club will be invaluable in the long term.
    Spot on. I'd like to see him in the DOF role long term.. Any DOF priority should be to create the best conditions for the development of quality youth footballers and enable a clear pathway to the first team.. My concern with any new appointment at the moment especially at this level is the negative impact it will have on the only good thing this clb has going for it..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Gary Brazil, YET AGAIN Interim-Manager!

Quote Originally Posted by forest_forever_99 View Post
    Come on we have to get real here. He does an amazing job at the Academy, but his Management experience is two spells as Caretaker at County in 2000 and 2002, and three spells as Caretaker with us. This is what happened last time

On 9 February, following a good start to his caretaker spell, Brazil was confirmed as manager for the rest of the 2016–17 season. However after Forest underwent a series of five defeats in seven games the club appointed Mark Warburton as first team manager on 14 March....curtesy of Wikipedia

He is not a First team manager, and we should not get carried away with the two games...
    Maybe he isn't a first team manager but let's remember in his previous stints in charge he's been thrown in at the deep end taking charge of sides who were struggling hence the managers sackings.

Life is a journey and we all learn along the way, maybe his previous experiences and another year working with the youngsters has helped him develop more than we realise, perhaps he's now in a better position to have a crack in charge of the first team, maybe not?

One things for sure though, if this was a new man installed from outside the club for the last 2 games I'm sure we'd all be delighted with the upturn in form and how he'd turned things around so quickly!

It would certainly be a loss to lose his talents in his present role though, no denying that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too School For Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    No.

As much as he's reinvigorated us, he's best as academy manager. If he gets the top job we'll be looking for a new academy manager and new manager in 6 months.
    Yeh I think so too. Pleased for him though. He's had a lot of crap put his way over the last few years, nice that it's been rewarded with a great performance and result.

Too School For Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Are we really considering Brazil now? Less than a week ago whether you were pro or anti MW the idea of Brazil being back in charge was prompting anger and derision.

Were a fickle bunch. I enjoyed today but I still wouldn't want him as the permanent manager.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    I don't think anyone is really, I just thought I'd put it out there.

i think his relationship with a lot of the players that have come through the youth set up has benefited the team. these players have played his way for quite a while, maybe he could be a manager for us with these players. they all trust and know him very welll

Just give him a pay increase to keep him.

Got to be worth a try if we're struggling to find someone. Got us playing better in 1 week than Warbo did in 9 months. Knowsall the youngsters and they obviously want to play for him.

I think Brazil would be a decent choice for manager, but it would mean losing him from the academy and when we inevitably sack him for poor results in 12 months time, hes not likely to want to go back to the academy is he? hes more valuable to us doing what he does best

Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Just give him a pay increase to keep him.
    If memory serves, he signed a new multi-year new contract recently, so presumably he got a raise.

Not that type of player

Brazil needs to continue his great work at the academy.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Too School For Cool

Nothing but the utmost respect for Gaz Braz. Steps into the breach when asked, doesn't make a song and dance about it and managed to oversee one of the best wins we've had in recent years.

Thanks Gary, and keep up the great work with the academy. It's no accident that our team yesterday contained so many of the players you've brought through and it's a credit to you.

Not sure how to get the full article up. But what a brilliant little piece in The Times put together by a former red youth product Gregor Robertson.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...ids-zflpm8sds#

The key to success is knowing your strengths, your areas of competence and doing what you love to do.

Gary Brazil knows exactly what he's good at and he will continue to do so for, hopefully, the rest of his professional career. Of course, he stepped up to the mark when asked but he always knew that First Team management was always a temporary appointment.

There's nothing like showing what you can do in front of an audience, especially on the world's stage.

The game, the performance and the result against Arsenal said it all.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'

Not that type of player

With his outstanding work at the academy, stepping into the breach to manage the first team when asked on several occasions, and delivering one of the greatest FA Cup victories in the club’s history, Brazil is fast becoming something of a Forest great.