Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's get Lucky

Default Let's get Lucky

Loads of folk seem to have given up on this season. Well sod that, you don't always have to be good, talented, or even deserving to get somewhere (just look at the Hoosiers). I fell very lucky this weekend with a few odds and sods, and there aint no reason we can't do the same.

So with it all going to shit lately here's a thread for pure blind faith in lady luck and her perverted little angels.

No sense, no logic, just a big Jamie Mackie thumbs up and your most positive thoughts however bizare

If anyone can post a thumbs up oic of J-mack that would be most cool.

And i reckon we'll beat Sheff Wed because Samedo day has us quids in on Wendies karma.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 07-04-14 at 10:18.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Devils favourite advocate

Default Re: Let's get Lucky

Just fucking score first, the fa cup has taught me that anything can happen.

Impressive member

With Wilson and Lansbury back (and dare we hope for Reid?) - anything can happen. Still something to play for.

winnits

winnits

We're going up. FACT.

cheers yoof!

Season highlight for me

Getting quality back on the bench and grass will help us. Just getting Lansbury and Wilson on the pitch made a difference. We lost the first half on saturday 2-0 but then were by far the better team 2nd half with those two on. Get Reidy and Vaughan near the first team and we are at least in the race. Without quality on the pitch we have little or no chance. I don't know if Lichaj is anywhere near? Been little mention of him of late. A fit Lichaj makes a difference defensively. If we get stragglers back the team will look more like this:

Darlow
    Lichaj Lascelles Wilson Fox
    Mackie Lansbury Peltier Vaughan Reid
    Pato

That looks more like a team that can at least give it a go even if half of them wouldn't be fully match fit.

Too School for Cool

I've just picked a bogey that was shaped like a whale. It's sign

Not that type of player

This is what we can do with Reid, Lansbury and Vaughan in our midfield.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Bonkers, but fuck it I'm in!

I hope to get lucky most Saturdays.

By incorporating Forest into the equation it will only lead to doubly crushing disappointment.

Enzo Molinari

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    Loads of folk seem to have given up on this season. Well sod that, you don't always have to be good, talented, or even deserving to get somewhere (just look at the Hoosiers). I fell very lucky this weekend with a few odds and sods, and there aint no reason we can't do the same. So with it all going to shit lately here's a thread for pure blind faith in lady luck and her perverted little angels. No sense, no logic, just a big Jamie Mackie thumbs up and your most positive thoughts however bizare If anyone can post a thumbs up oic of J-mack that would be most cool. And i reckon we'll beat Sheff Wed because Samedo day has us quids in on Wendies karma.
    No

Luck.

You create it.

We haven't created enough of it.

However, we've now seen the light and got rid of that complete liability of a manager that so many on here were delighted to see reappointed a year ago when I was last here. So now we have someone who will finally represent the club in the way we should be, I think you might find that come next season (in the Championship) we'll be talking about results instead of luck. That's what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by OuchThatHurts View Post
    Luck.

You create it.

We haven't created enough of it.

However, we've now seen the light and got rid of that complete liability of a manager that so many on here were delighted to see reappointed a year ago when I was last here. So now we have someone who will finally represent the club in the way we should be, I think you might find that come next season (in the Championship) we'll be talking about results instead of luck. That's what happens.
    I think you've entirely missed the point of the thread

I also think you forget why, looking at the scenario we were in created by Mcliesh and other alternatives which have blown us out this year, we were so glad for a manager who hasn't ever finished outside the top 6 in a full season to be back here.

And finally I think you've missed the club ambassador "representing the club properly" by getting involved with racial debates and mildly threatening journos too all in a very short space of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Joe View Post
    No
    Shit.

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    I think you've entirely missed the point of the thread

I also think you forget why, looking at the scenario we were in created by Mcliesh and other alternatives which have blown us out this year, we were so glad for a manager who hasn't ever finished outside the top 6 in a full season to be back here.

And finally I think you've missed the club ambassador "representing the club properly" by getting involved with racial debates and mildly threatening journos too all in a very short space of time.

Shit.
    You've got to let it go pal, he's gone now. The king is dead, long live the king.

Quote Originally Posted by OuchThatHurts View Post
    Luck. You create it. We haven't created enough of it. However, we've now seen the light and got rid of that complete liability of a manager that so many on here were delighted to see reappointed a year ago when I was last here. So now we have someone who will finally represent the club in the way we should be, I think you might find that come next season (in the Championship) we'll be talking about results instead of luck. That's what happens.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sutton's lazy eye View Post
    You've got to let it go pal, he's gone now. The king is dead, long live the king.
    It's long gone, but facts are facts chap. We've moved forward on the pitch since Billy took over. Doesn't mean I want him back, nor that I'm not 110% behind Pearce, but credit where credit is due. Same with Cotterill, I thought he was totally useless, but he did keep us up, so I wouldn't want to see him not credited for that. Even McClaren bought Reid here - credit where it's due.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 07-04-14 at 15:34.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fonz.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	7084

HEEEEEEEEYYYY

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fonz.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	7084

HEEEEEEEEYYYY

# We've come too far to give up, even Jara
    So let's raise the roof and our squad can be stars

Game on Tuesday night for some fun
    90 minutes to score at least one
    Then pack the goal with our bums
    1-0 and we might just get lucky #

In the words of Evadne Price, "Think lucky and you will be lucky". (For anyone who doesn't know her, she used to be an astrologer on tv a few years ago)

It used to work for an american colleague I used to work with. Not exactly the best looking guy, but he always thought he would be lucky on a night out and he almost always was. Most of the time he had to approach just about every woman in the bar, but, he would get luck before the end of the night. I've never seen anyone take so many knock backs and still keep going back for more.